COLD DARK ROOM

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kent, South East England
Anyway, I'm rather afraid that I come bearing some really awful news.
I discovered today that dearest Sabine, member Bee62 here, and a valued Roommate and close friend died suddenly on the 6th of July. Her partner has asked me to pass this information on to her friends on TFF.
I will never forget the night-flights we did as bats here in this Cold Dark place, the TORTOISE exchanges at Christmas, her memes and her humour.
We stayed friends after I left the forum and communicated often and, though we never met, I consider her among my best friends. She sent me huge Christmas hampers from Germany filled with goodies we can't get here in Morocco, including supplements for the Tidgemeister and I will so much miss her kindness, generosity and beautiful singing voice.
Goodbye, my dear Little Bee, I will miss you so much.
Adam, when Ed gave me the news my first thought was of you. Thank you for breaking the news to us. It’s a sad, sad day in the CDR.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Well my weekend has been a very busy weekend. I have started on my empty wine bottle wall around the torts enclosure. And it does not look too bad even if I say so myself. Adnd Kahli has been getting acquainted wit her new digs. She does give me the run around and I have to spend at least 15 to 20 minutes looking for her, she hides very well.

At first I was worried that she was not eating. But I moved her food ledge to the side that she seems to be favouring and this morning I saw that quite a bit of her crested gecko food was gone. Yayyy she is eating. She has eaten a waxworm, and I think a Dubia roach (I cannot be sure on this one as I did not see her eat it) . And I don't think she likes the Turkistan roaches.

So here is a pic of the wall, it is not completed and I have to fix up some of the cement work and make it look neater. And I still have to put another two or three levels on as well.

View attachment 302108

And here are a few pics of Kahli, just to share, because I can:

View attachment 302109
View attachment 302110
View attachment 302111
View attachment 302112
? She is so cute.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Hello all,

The news about our dear Bee really knocked me back this morning :( It’s been hard to brace myself to enter the CDR. I hope someone has given Chilly and Willy a good hug; they must be so upset :(

As for me, I have been phenomenally busy. I have had lots of school governor stuff despite my term of office ending at the end of this month.

At the rescue I have been doing extra shifts as we are so short of volunteers due to people having to self isolate, protect someone in their family or having children not in school. It’s hard work and I am so tired after a shift.

Today, I did have the pleasure of feeding a young Kestrel. A small bird of prey that hunts mice and voles. He is all eyes and feet at the moment
B194F4A7-1B19-411E-A670-03DE9990BBB5.jpeg
I have also been making face masks and selling the, to raise funds for the rescue. I also made and sold some for my friend’s Guinea Pig Rescue. To date I have sold 230 masks raising over £900 for my wildlife rescue and £275 for my friend’s rescue.

I am sorry I have been absent so long. Life has simply got in the way. I can’t promise things quietening down any time soon, but I will try not to be so neglectful of my CDR friends.

Attachments

• B7C2F7A7-977F-4CB3-8C41-489E3B6A56F3.jpeg
    B7C2F7A7-977F-4CB3-8C41-489E3B6A56F3.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 2
  • 01F59FDF-B278-4D17-9196-9A5B951A84F6.jpeg
    01F59FDF-B278-4D17-9196-9A5B951A84F6.jpeg
    806.3 KB · Views: 2
  • DEEF02B2-3517-46F0-896B-EC5DE07623E9.jpeg
    DEEF02B2-3517-46F0-896B-EC5DE07623E9.jpeg
    558.6 KB · Views: 1
  • 6A0FF578-4CE9-4C2D-90C2-D76F85952CD9.jpeg
    6A0FF578-4CE9-4C2D-90C2-D76F85952CD9.jpeg
    498.9 KB · Views: 1

Tim Carlisle

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Cincinnati, OH
Hello all,

The news about our dear Bee really knocked me back this morning :( It’s been hard to brace myself to enter the CDR. I hope someone has given Chilly and Willy a good hug; they must be so upset :(

As for me, I have been phenomenally busy. I have had lots of school governor stuff despite my term of office ending at the end of this month.

At the rescue I have been doing extra shifts as we are so short of volunteers due to people having to self isolate, protect someone in their family or having children not in school. It’s hard work and I am so tired after a shift.

Today, I did have the pleasure of feeding a young Kestrel. A small bird of prey that hunts mice and voles. He is all eyes and feet at the moment
View attachment 302156
I have also been making face masks and selling the, to raise funds for the rescue. I also made and sold some for my friend’s Guinea Pig Rescue. To date I have sold 230 masks raising over £900 for my wildlife rescue and £275 for my friend’s rescue.

I am sorry I have been absent so long. Life has simply got in the way. I can’t promise things quietening down any time soon, but I will try not to be so neglectful of my CDR friends.
You certainly seem to be living a full, enriching life. One day, I'd love to volunteer at one or two of our local rescues. Still have at least 16 more years till I can retire though. Between work, home projects/maintenance, and my wife (lol) I have little time for anything else :(

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Anyway, I'm rather afraid that I come bearing some really awful news.
I discovered today that dearest Sabine, member Bee62 here, and a valued Roommate and close friend died suddenly on the 6th of July. Her partner has asked me to pass this information on to her friends on TFF.
I will never forget the night-flights we did as bats here in this Cold Dark place, the TORTOISE exchanges at Christmas, her memes and her humour.
We stayed friends after I left the forum and communicated often and, though we never met, I consider her among my best friends. She sent me huge Christmas hampers from Germany filled with goodies we can't get here in Morocco, including supplements for the Tidgemeister and I will so much miss her kindness, generosity and beautiful singing voice.
Goodbye, my dear Little Bee, I will miss you so much.

oh my gosh! I had wondered why no updates at all from her! So terribly sad.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
The view I posted was to the North.
Here is the view South :
View attachment 302154
Note the castle on top of the hill overlooking Rapunzel's Tower.
That’s amazing.. I have always wanted to tour a real castle.. I’m not well traveled and only have 1 stamp in my passport.. there are times that I think I would love to travel but then I can’t imagine not having all of the beings that rely on me to come home every night ?

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Hello all,

View attachment 302156

So does your term of office mean official retirement for you? I hope that you will be able to catch up on some rest next month.. the things you do are amazing but don’t wear yourself down!

Beautiful bird !

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
That’s amazing.. I have always wanted to tour a real castle.. I’m not well traveled and only have 1 stamp in my passport.. there are times that I think I would love to travel but then I can’t imagine not having all of the beings that rely on me to come home every night ?
Biltmore in Asheville NC is a pretty good US castle imitation

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Biltmore in Asheville NC is a pretty good US castle imitation
Well that’s a good tip! I have never thought about looking for sites within the states.. I have been in North Carolina for work before and will probably be again... I’m going to print myself some info.. THANK YOU..

Can’t help but wonder what’s closer that I have never thought about.. I see some research ahead.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I love the fact that I was able to meet Sabine here. This is so hard to write. I hope no one takes down her utube channel. She sometimes tried to let me know when she was posting a new song. The posts are always so much fun... could be she's sitting there feeding a tort or doing karaoke. Aloha my friend.