COLD DARK ROOM

Golden Greek Tortoise 567

Location (City and/or State)
Colorado Springs,CO
Me either! The boy called it his pig rifle ?. They are pretty common here for lots of people that hog hunt to get rid of the overpopulation issues..I consider them assault rifles... Either way, he wasn’t hunting and had no business having it in the vehicle with my daughter. I believe in giving credit where it’s due and my daughter had no business being out at that time of night and she was not where she was supposed to be... it’s going to be a hard lesson learned for her...even though, she s just a normal teenager who went to a party or have fun.... things went bad between some boys and she got shot while one was trying to pull that gun.. it was tucked in between the seat where she was sitting and when he pulled it out, he shot her. She’s trying to protect him because he was her friend and shot her by accident, but the fact is, he was drunk and was fixing to shoot somebody else on purpose.. SO HE NEEDS TO PAY. TO UNDERSTAND HE WAS WRONG... I heard no remorse in his voice when he tried to explain the accident... only fear that the other truth would come out. They tried to say that he was putting the gun in the back seat and it went off on its own. .
I 200% agree with you, he does need to learn. You’d think he’d be at least sorry.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Me either! The boy called it his pig rifle ?. They are pretty common here for lots of people that hog hunt to get rid of the overpopulation issues..I consider them assault rifles... Either way, he wasn’t hunting and had no business having it in the vehicle with my daughter. I believe in giving credit where it’s due and my daughter had no business being out at that time of night and she was not where she was supposed to be... it’s going to be a hard lesson learned for her...even though, she s just a normal teenager who went to a party or have fun.... things went bad between some boys and she got shot while one was trying to pull that gun.. it was tucked in between the seat where she was sitting and when he pulled it out, he shot her. She’s trying to protect him because he was her friend and shot her by accident, but the fact is, he was drunk and was fixing to shoot somebody else on purpose.. SO HE NEEDS TO PAY. TO UNDERSTAND HE WAS WRONG... I heard no remorse in his voice when he tried to explain the accident... only fear that the other truth would come out. They tried to say that he was putting the gun in the back seat and it went off on its own. .
I assume the police are involved...

If anyone got shot in the UK, including by the police, it would be all over the news here. If you aren’t out shooting pigs, why have you got your pig gun with you and why is it loaded?

I can see people (especially young men) wanting the biggest and the best in the same way they want to own the fastest car. They have absolutely no idea what a danger they are to others with such things :(

We Brits may not understand gun law elsewhere, but we understand testosterone fuelled youths :(

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
I assume the police are involved...

If anyone got shot in the UK, including by the police, it would be all over the news here. If you aren’t out shooting pigs, why have you got your pig gun with you and why is it loaded?

I can see people (especially young men) wanting the biggest and the best in the same way they want to own the fastest car. They have absolutely no idea what a danger they are to others with such things :(

We Brits may not understand gun law elsewhere, but we understand testosterone fuelled youths :(
The police are definitely involved.. they are asking a lot of questions. I am so Frustrated ....I understand that it was a horrible accident that my daughter got shot but I can’t even make my daughter understand that it’s not ok he was pulling a gun for someone else... that he even had a gun...that he was drunk and had a gun... the list in my mind is just endless! When I was a growing up, if men fought they used their fists...and that was just that. So I have to get off of this subject or I’m just going to drive myself nuts...

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
The police are definitely involved.. they are asking a lot of questions. I am so Frustrated ....I understand that it was a horrible accident that my daughter got shot but I can’t even make my daughter understand that it’s not ok he was pulling a gun for someone else... that he even had a gun...that he was drunk and had a gun... the list in my mind is just endless! When I was a growing up, if men fought they used their fists...and that was just that. So I have to get off of this subject or I’m just going to drive myself nuts...
You are far stronger than most just to have children! Let alone the daily ansgt of raising them. Please remind your daughter what the true meaning of friend is --- someone that helps not hurts you kids now adays don't understand what true firends are and bad apples sneak in. Being honest is not a bad thing and people should own up to their actions. Sorry putting the soap box away. Be Strong if only for yourself!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I hope that one legged man isn't me!?
But @EllieMay if it will help you smile and chuckle. Just let me know I will be there. Hell I will let your whole family kick me to see some laughter. ????
It's been a long time since he was mentioned, but seem like it was a one legged pirate. I don't remember his story though.

Pastel Tortie

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
North Florida
I wouldn't be surprised if that story changes a couple more times. I get the feeling there's still more truth to be told. Be careful.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Looks like the truth is coming out at least. Can you imagine what the police think about a gun like that accidentally discharging? Those kids don't know what they're up against. I was so glad to see she was able to move a finger. That's such a good thing. It looks like her team of doctors have real hope also. They keep fighting for her.?

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
Chilly and Willy are penguins that run a bar somewhere in the gloom. It’s very nice when the pirate and leprechaun aren’t getting drunk, I guess they too are mourning Sabine who was particularly fond of them.
Chilly used to be called Silly. I guess someone told him, so he changed his name. Or was it her? I miss Bee :((