COLD DARK ROOM

CarolM

Location (City and/or State)
South Africa - Cape Town
We are still in The ICU But hopefully not for long.. I am doing ok. She gets emotionally stronger every day.. Pain is going to be the huge hurdle right now. She’s had to face the realization today that she can’t go back to school or even drive her car for a very long time.. (Pain Meds) .. we conferenced with her Principal and started the steps to finish her school online. She can still graduate befor the end of the year. We will apply and enroll in online college for her basics in the fall. We have a plan... I am going to start preparing the house in ways to still give her a certain amount of independence.. we will have to redo her bath and shower .. Move a recliner to her room, things of that nature..
Shame yes, you guys have a lot of changes to make, but I have total confidence that you will do it with panache and can do anything. I wish I was close so that I could help you out. But please know that I think about you all the time and try to send you good thoughts and vibes through the air waves. Hopefully they reach you in time. I did decide NOT to use the SA post office for my good vibes because by the time you got them it would be all over.

I think the biggest hurdle for Jessica will be acceptance that she will or cannot do everything that she was able to do before. It has taken me a long time to accept that I have to ask for help (and I still don't sometimes) because of my back problems. I think that the hardest hurdle is the mental one of accepting that you cannot do everything the same way. That is not to say that you cannot do it, you just have to figure out how to do it in a different way which will work better for you.

but if you want to talk or rant and rave or just get things off your chest you are more than welcome to send me a long ranting and raving email. Love you Heather even though we are miles apart.

Sjoe that was rather soppy. But I am going to post it anyway.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Wasn't it Maro2bear taht was just doing some mucky work and lost a shoe? I found it on Craigslist
View attachment 306919
I have found a priceless object... a shoe part of Poseidon’s infinite shoe collection. If you or someone you knows how to contact him let him know that one of his shoes is missing and he can collect it in the Pacific Ocean somewhere. Thank you
That is hilarious!!!

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Actually I didn't even think of cold duck champagne when I posted the duck imoge. I just thought it was cute. But that night when I decided to have mercy on you, I remembered there was an alcohol named that. You were sleeping. Yvonne was awake.?
it's okay Yvonne needs to get some +1's as well.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
I love the set up. It also reminds me of Hispanic and Florida gardens which I love.?
I would love to have a Spanish style house. I have actually designed a house where all the rooms form the perimeter and there is a big garden in the middle. All the rooms will have those big sliding doors that open up and they will be on the outside as well as into the inner garden.?

Now that I have given my dream houses design away!!!!

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Anything new happening people?
Oh the usual in the CDR, people stepping on hedgehogs, the snow leopard is eating all the carrots, the Wool Spider (If she exists) is leaving tons of knitted socks, gloves, scarves etc in corner no. 9.

Willy and Chilly are still playing duck, duck goose!

Oh wait I did get lost in here for a little while the other day. It was really scary because I could not see a thing, and for some reason there were no Jellyfish to poke for some light. :eek:

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
I'm very new to this lovely CDR family but I'm just going to get serious for a minute. I had a bit of a wobbly day today but earlier I sat in the garden getting the last of the sun and catching up here, and I just had to smile! Its lovely to be able to pop in for a chat, a joke, or a cute puppy pic, but also the support, strength and compassion you guys have for each other is just so uplifting you are all amazing! ❤
You are so welcome, now pay up with what your mission is!! ?

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
I’ll keep an eye out for them but it may be too cool to stop here.. our High today was 68F... we have rain all week and low 70’s for the highs... it will be winter when I next step outside ???
It is always so very strange when you guys talk of it getting colder when it is getting warmer on this side. I think the birds have the right idea. You all need to migrate here for the summer and then you can go back when winter comes along.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
I have some twisted humor to share with y’all.. I was on the phone with my dad earlier and he told me that he saw the strangest thing today while driving down the road.. From a distance you could see a helium balloon waving in the air tied to something on the road side... as he drove closer and slowed to look he realized that it was a dead raccoon.. some one had tied a “get well soon” ballon to his foot.... ?
Oh Wow. A dark sense of humor!!!