COLD DARK ROOM

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
Is @Maro2Bear an agent? Could this person's mission be to post about the climate??
Mark's mission has been terminated. He posted some bad, blurry, poorly framed photos. In actuality, he is an excellent photographer.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
I thought to make an alignment chart for you, but I don't know any non-evil cheeses. So I found this one instead.

vkpqrq6gwv811.jpg
We have already said your mission was cheese and got -10 points. So that is a lousy clue.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Happy birthday to yoooouuuu!
(In my best Marilyn Monroe voice)
I would bake you a cake but it would be seriously yucky before it got to you. Especially since I convinced the lady at the bakery today to finally come off a recipe I have been after. Italian creme cake. Lots of almonds and pecans and an icing to die for!!!
-Meg
Okay then so I got your clue thank you very much. I call Meg's Dark Lords given mission is to be Marilyn Monroe.:oops:

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
It's been a really hard day for me. Today (the 21st), is our 30th wedding anniversary. Or would have been.

It's been 14 months since Pete died, and I still want to tell him things, little snippets I read, or hear. The house is too quiet. I hear the ice drop into the bin, and the water refill. I hear the AC compressor kick on outside. I hear the ticking of my clock. I hear the little sounds a house makes when it's built on an earthquake fault.

I couldn't hear these tiny sounds when Pete was here. I hated that the TV was on 24/7, and I had to work conversation into 5 minute episodes while a commercial was on. Now, what I wouldn't give to fight the TV for one more day.

I miss him terribly. What a sad day this has been.

But I can stop by the CDR and see what the roomies are doing. I laugh a lot, cry a little, and keep checking myself to see if I'm as crazy as most of them are. I have a way to go for that. And I'll never get to the level of debauchery that has been achieved by a few.

It's OK. I slip in, bribe an armadillo, read til my eyes bleed, add my two cents occasionally, and quietly slip out.

That's how I get through sad days, like today.
I am so sorry that you have to go through this very sad day. But I am sure Pete would not want you to feel like this. So my suggestion for you is for today have the TV going 24/7 put some music on and dance around the house. And have a fun day instead. Hang in there, it will get better. ??

And I am sure you were not referring to me re the level of debauchery, because I don't do that kind of stuff. I am innocent.?

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
And I am sure you were not referring to me re the level of debauchery, because I don't do that kind of stuff. I am innocent.?

Oh, Carol, don't say things like that! I don't want to hear you've been struck by lightning! ⚡

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Well well finally all caught up. Problem is that I always seems to add about 3 pages all on my own. Mmmm maybe I talk too much. Oh well suck it up folks, because I am too old to change.

It is a beautiful day here, nice and sunny. And the rain is coming on Friday and Saturday. There should a rule which says that it should rain either during the night or during working hours. Then we can get to enjoy our weekend with sun shine. I was planning to work in the side garden this weekend as I still have lots of wine bottles that were collected and need to be used. So we will see how it goes.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Wasn't it Maro2bear taht was just doing some mucky work and lost a shoe? I found it on Craigslist
View attachment 306919
I have found a priceless object... a shoe part of Poseidon’s infinite shoe collection. If you or someone you knows how to contact him let him know that one of his shoes is missing and he can collect it in the Pacific Ocean somewhere. Thank you

Darn, I knew that I sunk in pretty far, but I thought it went to China.

00AF326B-83DD-4BB9-ABEB-B679FBC0B77C.jpeg