COLD DARK ROOM

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
Yea. I looked it up. I think this time change is the one I like the best. I've been sleeping late at times but then it will be 7:30 instead of 8:30. Sometimes I'm up half the night and I like getting up early. It's on All Saints Day this year. ?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Just picked all of our remaining unripened figs. With today’s cold driving rain, coupled with no sunshine in sight and temps in the 50‘s, no way they will ripen. Sooooooo, going to try and make “Unripened Fig” jam. Many UK gardeners make this at season’s end.

My haul

View attachment 309773
Yummy... I got hooked on a spread of figs with chili as a jam. A good cheese ball and good crackers!!!! Is just too good!?

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Bla - another cold start to our day @46F (7.7C) and holding. The good thing, these cold wet days provide time for me to work on the “Ships Galley Box” since this is indoors. Supposed to be cold & wet ?all week.

My preserved green fig concoction seemed to have turned out. The aim was to turn hard green/unripe figs into soft sweet morsels to top on toast, or cheese, or like mint jam on lamb. Not “fig jam” per se.

The Cauldron
6C35AE76-E750-4613-85F9-8A34ED17CC4A.jpeg

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Bla - another cold start to our day @46F (7.7C) and holding. The good thing, these cold wet days provide time for me to work on the “Ships Galley Box” since this is indoors. Supposed to be cold & wet ?all week.

My preserved green fig concoction seemed to have turned out. The aim was to turn hard green/unripe figs into soft sweet morsels to top on toast, or cheese, or like mint jam on lamb. Not “fig jam” per se.

The Cauldron
View attachment 309843

and, the finished product ready to sample.
C2DD0CD7-0C8D-4448-B8FE-1690DD26060E.jpeg

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Hello everyone, I had blood work done before my doctors appointment last week. The results said I was anemic. So after a B 12 shot and a iron supplement the last 4 or 5 days have been the best for me in a long time.
What I was perceiving that my pains were the contributing factor of my psyche of hopelessness turned out in part to be because I am anemic.
Might sound weird but I am actually a little relieved.
Fixed the refrigerator in the garage. The freezer worked but the refrigerator side didn't. It ended up being the defrost heating element.
I will try to catch up on what has been going on in the CDR.
Hope all is well!?

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Hello everyone, I had blood work done before my doctors appointment last week. The results said I was anemic. So after a B 12 shot and a iron supplement the last 4 or 5 days have been the best for me in a long time.
What I was perceiving that my pains were the contributing factor of my psyche of hopelessness turned out in part to be because I am anemic.
Might sound weird but I am actually a little relieved.
Fixed the refrigerator in the garage. The freezer worked but the refrigerator side didn't. It ended up being the defrost heating element.
I will try to catch up on what has been going on in the CDR.
Hope all is well!?
All good here.
Very glad indeed that you've had a few better days.Topofworld.gif