COLD DARK ROOM

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
I bought myself one of those oil filled electric radiators and since I live in my bedroom I run it in there with the door closed. Works fine!
I love those!. Just add enough humidity because they will dry out the air. You can even just set a metal pan with water on top.? Sapphire taught me my correct and healthy humidity level.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
THe wife has been side eyeing me since I refuse to turn the heat on yet! It has only been 56 degrees at the coldest point in the house. I am going for middle to end of November to turn on the heat. She loves blankets for gifts so I don't see what the problem is
Yeah right. I can't seem to figure out how you've resisted that smile.?

Lyn W

10 Year Member!
UK
I called my daughter a few minutes ago and told her as much as I've enjoyed being chauffeured around, she's fired! The doctor told me to toss my leg brace, the knee cap is totally healed. He gave me a prescription to see a physical therapist, but I'm not going. I'll just get my own self back in shape.You should see how skinny that poor leg is. And after being stuck straight for a couple months a 45° angle is all that leg will do. But I'll get better.
That's good news! But don't overdo it.
I have some physio exercises to do for my knee but any appointments are by telephone now thanks to covid.
The leg that was broken at the beginning of 2019 is still thinner than the other after the time I was non weight bearing - it's surprising how just 8 weeks of not using it has affected the muscles. I thought I would have built up some of the muscle since then but it's still playing catch up!
I prefer trousers to dresses and skirts anyway.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Good evenooning all.

it‘s been very wet and very windy here... and rather busy in the run up to UK Lockdown 2 which starts at midnight.

The weather gave us a break today and the sun shone, but it’s been very cold instead.

Over at the rescue, we can’t train any more new volunteers but the existing ones can carry on as animal welfare is regarded as essential by the government.

Lockdown 2 won’t make much difference for us. Daughter and JoesDad are both working from home, I’ll carry on doing two mornings at the rescue and we weren’t exactly doing much else anyway.

My son has moved out of his flat and in with his girlfriend for the lockdown.

I need to get out and shovel leaves out of the pond tomorrow. All this wind has brought a lot down.

I am pleased to not see you back on good form Lyn. Heather I will keep checking back for news of Jess. Yvonne, behave and take it steady with your recovery!

Maro2Bear

10 Year Member!
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
G’day all. Out for a great Fall paddle this morning, we did just under 13 miles on the Patuxent River that feeds a massive fresh water reservoir. I’ll upload a few kayak pix, but check out the turtles! Lots of basking sliders enjoying the sunshine.

9C7FDD33-7C36-47EA-AE41-763774AD6349.jpeg

Attachments

• 2C36B42B-468C-4231-9819-6F6D44FC2C92.jpeg
    2C36B42B-468C-4231-9819-6F6D44FC2C92.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 5
  • 986ABCDB-0CC7-475D-A276-6BFC7F5E3FF3.jpeg
    986ABCDB-0CC7-475D-A276-6BFC7F5E3FF3.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 5
  • 7E3A040A-2B5E-428B-8F1B-2D6E75F5F8F4.jpeg
    7E3A040A-2B5E-428B-8F1B-2D6E75F5F8F4.jpeg
    910.8 KB · Views: 5

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I'M ONCE AGAIN A FREE WOE-MAN!!!!Doc said bones are healed and I can start using my hand as much as is comfortable. I'm to wear the brace if I'm doing heavy work, but otherwise I can get along without it. I drove myself to the post office, doctor, smog test place, DMV for new license tags, flu shot and to the store!! Now I'm collapsed in my recliner with a small pillow at my back.

DON'T NOBODY BOTHER ME FOR AT LEAST A WEEK!

Maro2Bear

10 Year Member!
I'M ONCE AGAIN A FREE WOE-MAN!!!!Doc said bones are healed and I can start using my hand as much as is comfortable. I'm to wear the brace if I'm doing heavy work, but otherwise I can get along without it. I drove myself to the post office, doctor, smog test place, DMV for new license tags, flu shot and to the store!! Now I'm collapsed in my recliner with a small pillow at my back.

Great! You’re free at last.

Maro2Bear

10 Year Member!
G’day all. Out for a great Fall paddle this morning, we did just under 13 miles on the Patuxent River that feeds a massive fresh water reservoir. I’ll upload a few kayak pix, but check out the turtles! Lots of basking sliders enjoying the sunshine.

View attachment 310457

Here are two more turtle pix....same turtles, logs, but on our return trip.

23879CBF-0932-44F1-A77E-0E26541E83C5.jpeg3E43AF6B-17F3-4E6A-911B-408A347A7C29.jpeg

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster

?!!!!!