COLD DARK ROOM

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Good morning!!! It’s a cold grey Monday morning here.... I’m sure it will be bright and warm in just a couple of hours.. I’ll spend the day preparing the house for my absence. Jess , Cinder & I will be Houston bound in the wee hours of the morning . They are supposed to call today and let us know what time to arrive. Jess will likely go into surgery for 8-10hours... The hospital is a specialized place for severe orthopedic issues and recovery and And they have modernized technology available.. we don’t know how long we will have to stay yet..we are hopeful, nervous, scared, & excited all at the same time!
Wishing everyone a great day!!!
I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for a good outcome!

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Speaking of Wintertime feeding regimes, we normally order from Mazuri.com but I now see that CHEWY is carrying the large 5M21 for $44.00. Buy one extra item and it’s free shipping for 25# bag of Mazuri. Checking our local feed store to see their prices. Mazuri has the 5M21 for $38.00 plus $12.00 for shipping.

Our Local Purina feed store can get it.....they think @ $30.00 (no shipping)..... calling us back with the delivery date and cost.
I couldn’t get anyone around here to order for me so I’ve been using Chewy for a while now. They used to be $36 a bag but I guess they had to go up . I’ve had to pay $44 the past two times I ordered. Still don’t mind though because with all my critters, shipping is always free:)

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
I love hand feeding Opo. I just took my eyes away when Rose asked me a question. LOL
I have always loved hand feeding my tortoises. BUT...I discovered starting with Bob, that Sulcata are kinda dumb, and they don't seem to realize that your actual hand is not food. As Sulcata get bigger they bite harder and I became afraid that my bigger Sulcata have the capabilities to bite off small fingers of grandkids or neighbors. Sulcata bite:
100_4968.JPG

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Good morning!!! It’s a cold grey Monday morning here.... I’m sure it will be bright and warm in just a couple of hours.. I’ll spend the day preparing the house for my absence. Jess , Cinder & I will be Houston bound in the wee hours of the morning . They are supposed to call today and let us know what time to arrive. Jess will likely go into surgery for 8-10hours... The hospital is a specialized place for severe orthopedic issues and recovery and And they have modernized technology available.. we don’t know how long we will have to stay yet..we are hopeful, nervous, scared, & excited all at the same time!
Wishing everyone a great day!!!
? I hope it's all going well. And Jess will be in another stage of recovery.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Don't hand feed them! Ouch. Get a big tweezers or pincers or something, but don't hand feed! lol
Yes. I've even seen a wooden tool for sale online specifically for that a few years ago. I just didn't really know how to do online orders yet or I would have one.

Lyn W

10 Year Member!
UK
Yep I know what you mean. We're about to get a new neighbor also. So far they've been pretty good... but you never know.? I was really sorry to see your recent problems with your health. And I've been trying to find a post to say so. I always keep you in my prayers.?
Thanks Cathie