COLD DARK ROOM

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
Good morning!
Hope everyone has a fantastic Thursday..I have a few errands to tend this morning after dropping Jayden at school and then Mounds of work to catch up on:-(...

we had a good Dr report yesterday in Houston. All of Jess’s wounds are healing nicely (Pats myself on the back) and Jess has 1 nerve working now that was not working before. I will have to continue the IV meds for a couple more weeks and then We can go to pills. They want her to stay on a regimen of antibiotics for at least 6 months!! I was a little surprised at that but hey... they are making all the difference so I’m going to follow instructions!
? A good diet helps. My son as a toddler had to go through that. Between the two of them something worked.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
A final update on the Ships Galley cabinet project. Today we made our final trip into the Port of Baltimore to drop off the finished cabinet. As promised, a picture chronology of the work. (Sorry for too many pix).

Condition of Cabinet When We Picked it Up

View attachment 312205View attachment 312206View attachment 312207View attachment 312208

Sanding & Painting & Varnishing

View attachment 312211 View attachment 312210 View attachment 312209 View attachment 312218

Finishing Up
View attachment 312211 View attachment 312216 View attachment 312217

Delivery to Port & Workshop Area - Pride Wrapped

View attachment 312219 View attachment 312220 View attachment 312221 View attachment 312222

We parked next to this little boat while we made our delivery...

View attachment 312223
? Now you are a part of that boat too.?

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
My son as a toddler had to go through that.
He's such a pretty little guy. I was hoping he was a little male northern flicker looking for a girlfriend.

OMG!!! this is sort of how I read this, and decided I've had too much coffee and need to go change the cinder blocks as Mary is such a trouble maker...I'm glad your son is not a pretty little guy going to leave now...

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Wow, I was an over the road truck driver and fell backwards out of the cab of my truck about 10 feet to the pavement, sort of like I was trying to make a snow angel in the pavement without the actual snow. Shattered my right wrist rendering it almost useless, broke my neck in 3 places, got my 16th traumatic brain injury with concussion and causes pain in my neck and head on a pain scale of 7 to 9. My 'upper right extremity' hurts all the time. It happened in 2003. Caused me to lose a career that I was good at and loved, and made me relatively useless. Have severe short term memory loss, and my sister saw my lack of cognition at times and it drove her nuts when I would go back in the house to ask her the same question 3 times while I was feeding her animals. It made me feel like an idiot.
Wow I am so sorry. You have been struggling with your injuries longer than me. I hope the best for you.
Have you ever tried the injections in your neck?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
My son as a toddler had to go through that.
He's such a pretty little guy. I was hoping he was a little male northern flicker looking for a girlfriend.

OMG!!! this is sort of how I read this, and decided I've had too much coffee and need to go change the cinder blocks as Mary is such a trouble maker...I'm glad your son is not a pretty little guy going to leave now...
That's funny. My son had to go thru that too but nooo... he was just a pretty little bird.☕?