COLD DARK ROOM

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Good afternoon everyone, got a phone message and a text from the pharmacy saying the meds were ready. I have been sitting in the van at the pharmacy. Waiting for Rose for 40 minutes. ?????
So you're waiting outside the pharmacy waiting to be notified you can come in and get your meds and now there's no one there to go get them?

Maro2Bear

10 Year Member!
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Sunny, bright, but cooler here today in Maryland. It’s actually a pretty refreshing day. Not too hot or cold, not windy.

We moved our banana tree back outside. It had been mostly dormant all Winter long sitting in our garage with an occasional watering. I gave it a semi good drink two days ago & it has sprung up a good six inches. We also moved four large pots of Spring flower bulbs that I planted up back in October with all kinds of tulips, crocus & daffodils. These were in the back garden potting shed area just waiting to grow. They’re really sprouting so today out on the front porch & a good watering.

I’m hoping to move the fig trees back out (from the garage) to the garden. Maybe some deck rail painting & touch ups before dusk.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
So you're waiting outside the pharmacy waiting to be notified you can come in and get your meds and now there's no one there to go get them?
No, Rose was inside waiting and I was in the van. It's just that they called and said the meds were ready. When Rose got back in the van, she said not all the meds were ready. ?

Maro2Bear

10 Year Member!
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
It’s that time of the year! EagleWatch cameras are up and running!

The eagle’s at this location in Shepherdstown WV have recently laid two eggs. They’re predicting the first will hatch on or about 3/18.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
No, Rose was inside waiting and I was in the van. It's just that they called and said the meds were ready. When Rose got back in the van, she said not all the meds were ready. ?
I didn't put my leg on, so I was stuck in my chair in the van. Probably a good thing I wasn't in there.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
My naughty torty made a dash for it today while I was cleaning his room and forgot to shut his gate behind me - I found him in the living room watching a gardening programme on the tv. Wish I'd had a camera - he looked as if he was enjoying it! Must have been the colours or maybe he thought it was a food programme, Short lived though and he was soon safely back in his own room.
That's hilarious. Sapphire will sit and watch stuff too. His little head stuck out just watching maybe for an hour or more then he makes up his mind and strolls on...

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Not guilty - our wind is still here and making its presence felt.
We've also had hailstones and sleet this afternoon - very lively weather!
How long have you had Gary?

Glad your still ok.
Our weather has stopped quite literally.
But could be expecting SNOW on Tuesday?
I have had Little Gary now for about two years this June.
That makes me sad because I hear they only live for two years...??
I only have him because he was found in a giant head of lettuce I was purchasing for my tortoise!
He just fell out and looked up at me as if to say... “Are YOU my new mommy?”
Either that or he was sayin’
“THIS doesn’t look like China?” ??
Never the less .... he is HOME now. With his 10gallon tank - one smaller for change -
AND a travel cage! (We used the other day to go to the vet for the big tortoise..?
He LOVED it! He was all over the place!
Even sat up on the DASHBOARD OF THE CAR!!?? ?
All went well and we (three) had a lovely 70degree day.
Found out my Sulcata is egg bound AND has anywhere from 40-60 eggs stashed in her!!! ?
Thank god it’s NOT because of a “boy”.
But still .... she has eggs..???

(Gary just became my FAVORITE now.)??

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
My naughty torty made a dash for it today while I was cleaning his room and forgot to shut his gate behind me - I found him in the living room watching a gardening programme on the tv. Wish I'd had a camera - he looked as if he was enjoying it! Must have been the colours or maybe he thought it was a food programme, Short lived though and he was soon safely back in his own room.

Maybe THIS year he will help you garden??
Now that he knows HOW ....??

Lyn W

10 Year Member!
UK
Glad your still ok.
I only have him because he was found in a giant head of lettuce I was purchasing for my tortoise!
Never the less .... he is HOME now. With his 10gallon tank - one smaller for change -
AND a travel cage! (We used the other day to go to the vet for the big tortoise..?
Found out my Sulcata is egg bound AND has anywhere from 40-60 eggs stashed in her!!! ?

Poor Mrs Sully what can they do to help her?
Maybe Gary will have a longer life because he is so well looked after.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Glad your still ok.

What kinda snail is he/she? That's interesting because I used to find apple snail shells in Florida. Every one said they were extinct but you could tell the shell was fresh and some raccoon ate it... what are they going to do to help the egg bound problem with your tortoise???

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I didn't put my leg on, so I was stuck in my chair in the van. Probably a good thing I wasn't in there.
Poor Rose and poor you. I hope they apologized profusely at least.? But to tell the truth if something similar happens more than once there's always another store needing to stay in business.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
So he’s not a lazy fellow, just too classy for the outdoors!

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Well hello there! So nice to know someone is in here and I’m not all alone. For you Montgomery May I get a vanilla bean latte with a double shot of espresso, I’ll be needing it to not trip on the hedgehogs in all of this gloom.
Hello and Welcome! I’m Heather from East Texas..

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Glad your still ok.

What will they do???

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Poor Mrs Sully what can they do to help her?
Maybe Gary will have a longer life because he is so well looked after.

I have to just let her burrow and let nature take it’s course...
And thank you for that about Gary.
He is a character....
Anyone who says animals or insects are dumb are just stupid themselves..❤️

Jan A

Boulder, CO
Good afternoon everyone, got a phone message and a text from the pharmacy saying the meds were ready. I have been sitting in the van at the pharmacy. Waiting for Rose for 40 minutes. ?????
You gots to get a better
Sunny, bright, but cooler here today in Maryland. It’s actually a pretty refreshing day. Not too hot or cold, not windy.

We moved our banana tree back outside. It had been mostly dormant all Winter long sitting in our garage with an occasional watering. I gave it a semi good drink two days ago & it has sprung up a good six inches. We also moved four large pots of Spring flower bulbs that I planted up back in October with all kinds of tulips, crocus & daffodils. These were in the back garden potting shed area just waiting to grow. They’re really sprouting so today out on the front porch & a good watering.

I’m hoping to move the fig trees back out (from the garage) to the garden. Maybe some deck rail painting & touch ups before dusk.
Snowed all day. Supposed to snow all night & all tomorrow. It's not fair Maro2Bear!!