COLD DARK ROOM

Maro2Bear

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
I would love to see the snails you have over there! Hoooorrrnnnsss???????!! WTH??
Cool!
I always thought a slug was just a snail without its shell???
But I am no snail/slug expert...
I need pictures when you get a chance! ?

Yes, I too would like to see pix of “clear slugs like jelly fish”. Almost everything we have here are slugs - large, small, slimy. Lift up a flower pot or an old piece of wood...bam, a big old fat slug.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I would love to see the snails you have over there! Hoooorrrnnnsss???????!! WTH??
Cool!
I always thought a slug was just a snail without its shell???
But I am no snail/slug expert...
I need pictures when you get a chance! ?
I will this summer. I'm not an expert either. But one type here has horns no shell and has dark colors. If I can catch a pic of the other I will. That's the type I always thought of as slugs. I'm trying to be nice here about what they look like ?

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Out working on our deck......the final fastening of deck screws. We cut & placed all the pressure treated blanks last Autumn, but left loose to dry before fastening. So, thats on our plate today...

Not a bad day, but the winds!

➡ 12:05p: Nice and mild across the DMV at noontime, with plenty of sun and temps in the upper 50s to near 60. Winds are breezy though, gusting 20-30 mph. Could see some gusts of 30-40 mph this afternoon with highs ~60-65.
Very good idea to let the boards shrink. Used to be you spaced the deck boards using a 16D nail or comparable. When they took the formaldehyde out of the treated lumber. It started to shrink. I learned that the hard way and had to remove the deck boards and screw them down again.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
This is something I forgot to mention. When Opo was at the vet's and she checked Opo's sample. She also said there was a lot of pollen in the stool sample. We had the pine tree pollen recently but I think it might have come from the cactus flowers Opo loves to eat.
I picked some today and set them down.
This is what was left behind. Vet wasn't concerned.
20210314_150901.jpg

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I will this summer. I'm not an expert either. But one type here has horns no shell and has dark colors. If I can catch a pic of the other I will. That's the type I always thought of as slugs. I'm trying to be nice here about what they look like ?
Here is a couple of the shells I collected 18 (give or take) years ago. They looked pretty fresh and new back then ☺️IMG_20210314_161849466.jpg

Lyn W

10 Year Member!
UK
We have a shelter in place from the police department.
Just saw this on Neighbors:
You all might not to be able to open.
There is a male with a gun they currently can't locate. The area is about 2 miles from me.
Guns are locked and loaded!
Stay in and stay safe Ray!

Maro2Bear

10 Year Member!
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
There is a male with a gun they currently can't locate. The area is about 2 miles from me.
Shelter in place has been over for a few hours. Guns are back where they belong.

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Yes, I too would like to see pix of “clear slugs like jelly fish”. Almost everything we have here are slugs - large, small, slimy. Lift up a flower pot or an old piece of wood...bam, a big old fat slug.

Really?
I have never seen a slug or snail in anyone’s back or for that matter front yard here??
I must not be looking hard enough.
I DO however see lots of those darn water bugs. Grey, Squirmy, annoying little things and loads of ANTS!! Butt loads of em’ !

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Are you giving/providing any calcium? An egg shell now & then?

Some pet snail info ➡️ http://www.molluscs.at/gastropoda/terrestrial.html?/gastropoda/terrestrial/helix/pet_snails.html

Yes calcium is given 5 days on her food.
Calcium with D3 is given two times a week.
And THANK YOU for that snail info!
I need all I can get.
I still can’t find anything he WILL eat?
I just bought some Japanese food for him.
$21.99!!!!!! Today was the first day to try it and he never even came close to it! ?
I have given him :
All kinds of lettuces
Crushed up and cooked squash and carrots..
I have tried hydrangea leaves, grass, rose leaves and petals, bean leaves, pumpkin leaves.... he is just a picky “B....”.

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Stay in and stay safe Ray!

Please be safe!
Don’t shoot the wrong guy!
And don’t let Opo get HIS hands on the gun or you will all be sorry!
Keep us updated!!!
Good luck!
Stay inside! ?

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Really?
I have never seen a slug or snail in anyone’s back or for that matter front yard here??
I must not be looking hard enough.
I DO however see lots of those darn water bugs. Grey, Squirmy, annoying little things and loads of ANTS!! Butt loads of em’ !
I mentioned this before, but while living in Defiance Ohio. Everytime it rained hard. These huge slugs would be on the side walks and driveways. They were like 4 or 5 inches long and thick. I was amazed!

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
I mentioned this before, but while living in Defiance Ohio. Everytime it rained hard. These huge slugs would be on the side walks and driveways. They were like 4 or 5 inches long and thick. I was amazed!

Wow!
Ok... now when it rains hard I’m gonna go out and look for snails and slugs! ?
Wow.
It is sooo windy here it’s unbelievable!
More straight lined winds than gusts of 50!

Jan A

Boulder, CO
Yes Lola definitely likes his creature comforts. Not long after I had him I was sorting out my shed and threw down an old pillow I used for kneeling on when working in the garden; when I came out of the
shed this is where I found him. ?

View attachment 320840
That is way too cute, and the smile says it all!!