COLD DARK ROOM

Snoopy’s mom

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Honolulu
What makes it worse is if he gets a cold, he refuses to take any thing & just sneezes & coughs himself silly. I'm downing anything to relieve the symptoms.
That’s my husband too. If you won’t take your medicine I will so I don’t have to listen to you whine. Gimme a double shot of the stuff.

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Completely unrelated. Do people in the US say "across the pond" or do people in the UK say it? Anyway, I am near Crossgreen on B1066, Workhouse Hill. It is very pretty, Iʻve passed some pretty houses and lots of fields. Actually, I am not there personally, but am there on a virtual race. I donʻt have any friends so I join virtual races, that way I get to see lots of places that I canʻt go. Goodness, I sound so desperate. :rolleyes:

I love that saying “across the pond”
I know we both say it but I am pretty sure it comes from the UK.
And as far as friends go... I AM YOUR FRIEND!!!!
You are so cool, funny, beautiful, and have a lovely personality. Who ever doesn’t know you is in my opinion...STUPID!
Maybe your just shy?
That’s ok, so am I.
Until you put me in a room full of people??
I don’t know why but I think it’s fear but I come alive! I talk my head off!??
I am terrified of people but under pressure
I force myself out of my comfort zone and mingle..? When I get home I am dead silent and you’d think I was a totally different person!??
Have you ever seen the bugs bunny cartoon with the talking/dancing frog that comes to life for the man but shuts up when there is people around? That’s me!!!
Only I’m the opposite... I become Robin Williams..?? ?

Jan A

Boulder, CO
I love that saying “across the pond”
I know we both say it but I am pretty sure it comes from the UK.
And as far as friends go... I AM YOUR FRIEND!!!!
You are so cool, funny, beautiful, and have a lovely personality. Who ever doesn’t know you is in my opinion...STUPID!
Maybe your just shy?
That’s ok, so am I.
Until you put me in a room full of people??
I don’t know why but I think it’s fear but I come alive! I talk my head off!??
I am terrified of people but under pressure
I force myself out of my comfort zone and mingle..? When I get home I am dead silent and you’d think I was a totally different person!??
Have you ever seen the bugs bunny cartoon with the talking/dancing frog that comes to life for the man but shuts up when there is people around? That’s me!!!
Only I’m the opposite... I become Robin Williams..?? ?

I so miss Robin Williams. What a wonderful talent. The first time I saw him was a video of him doing stand up at a theater in San Fran. He was practically bouncing off the balconies. Do you do that?

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
I so miss Robin Williams. What a wonderful talent. The first time I saw him was a video of him doing stand up at a theater in San Fran. He was practically bouncing off the balconies. Do you do that?
Ooohhh I love Robin Williams too.... He and Sally Fields in Mrs Doubtfire was one of my favorites... but there are many more and different characters that he just made..

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
Nobody is a worse sick person then my husband. He once got the stomach flu for 18 hours & called his dad up & told him he was dying. Had to take the phone away from him & explain to his dad that he just had the stomach flu. This was after going to the store 3 times to get him something to drink.
I had norovirus once and I was laying half clothed on the cool tile floor begging for it to end. My wife walks by and says" Here is some gatorade I am going to bed" What a mothering instinct! Good thing I wasn't in her way she might kicked me till I moved. Breakfast in bed, meds management, fever abatement, wound dressing changes- you name it for my wife I have done it. BUT this is not knew I was well aware of how she was when we first got married and that she truly loves anything with four legs and lots of fur more than me!

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Completely unrelated. Do people in the US say "across the pond" or do people in the UK say it?
It’s an Americanism as far as I’m aware that is used sometimes in the UK. We are more likely to say over the Atlantic.

This doesn’t mean it didn’t originate here and then go out of use. There are quite a few Words, phrases and pronunciations in the USA that have simply vanished in the UK.

Like how you say herb. We pronounce the h here, but we used to pronounce it the American way years ago.

Last edited:

Lyn W

10 Year Member!
UK
Good morning all.
It's another pleasant chilly morning here with the promise of warming up later.
I was feeling great until I read replies from some idiot claiming to have a tortoise sanctuary while ignoring all advice he has been given and now I feel mad at him :mad:and so sorry for his animals.:(
If he was in the UK I'd be reporting him to the RSPCA and joining FB and other social media to warm people about his sanctuary.
Anyway I'd better go and use this energy to do something constructive or I might spontaneously combust!!!

Have a good day.

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Ooohhh I love Robin Williams too.... He and Sally Fields in Mrs Doubtfire was one of my favorites... but there are many more and different characters that he just made..

Good morning,
How is your weather there ?
I just saw the news for Texas weather and I am worried about you....?
Also on the news—in Texas a house blew up because of fireworks ?? WTH??
2 horses were rescued. 1 got hurt....
?
Did you hear the blast?
They said it was heard 20 miles away!! ?
Please be careful!!

Maro2Bear

10 Year Member!
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Four days close or at 70F (21c)......and yesterday and today...and tomorrow.....a measly 42. Might have brought the banana trees out too early, they looked at me and could only muster a cold shivering shoulder. But, soon we will be complaining of the heat & humidity.

Saw this....UK moving fast with the vaccinations...

➡️➡️ Covid: All over-50s invited for jab in England

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-56428464

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Four days close or at 70F (21c)......and yesterday and today...and tomorrow.....a measly 42. Might have brought the banana trees out too early, they looked at me and could only muster a cold shivering shoulder. But, soon we will be complaining of the heat & humidity.

Saw this....UK moving fast with the vaccinations...

➡➡ Covid: All over-50s invited for jab in England

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-56428464
Yes my sister who is in that category has hers booked now :)

Jan A

Boulder, CO
I had norovirus once and I was laying half clothed on the cool tile floor begging for it to end. My wife walks by and says" Here is some gatorade I am going to bed" What a mothering instinct! Good thing I wasn't in her way she might kicked me till I moved. Breakfast in bed, meds management, fever abatement, wound dressing changes- you name it for my wife I have done it. BUT this is not knew I was well aware of how she was when we first got married and that she truly loves anything with four legs and lots of fur more than me!
That sounds like my honeymoon in my first marriage. I got so sick I didn't know which end to put in the toilet 1st & gave up going back to bed.

Seriously, I would never let 2nd hubby lay on the floor, even when he gets vertigo. And I actually do like him better than my cats. I have to because he can be very aggravating....