COLD DARK ROOM

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kent, South East England
And here going across the pond originally meant going to the slammer.?
Interestingly, when I was reading it appears the original English usage strayed into those being sent to penal colonies which would have been by ship. So being transported to Australia or wherever was being sent across the pond. Your version is undoubtedly derived from this :)

Maro2Bear

10 Year Member!
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Cold, dark & overcast. Temp rose to 48 today....wet & drizzly. We went for a spin to a local lumber company near Annapolis to get additional boxes of deck screws. Did a 50% change of water on our larger 20 gal aquarium. Worked on a wooden shelf “project”.

The Start
A97319B6-30CA-4474-8CAA-8FACE2C6844A.jpeg

Last edited:

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
I have a new toy... a Ring Stick Up security camera. It’s battery operated, wireless and connects to the house wifi. I quickly mounted it on an existing camera mount on the fence for tonight - a bit far from the feed station. First prickly results are encouraging ? We can watch live from a phone or iPad.

The bright light is the dark infrared flash from the trail camera.
D8130394-0672-4C4E-95C8-50B93B6683FD.jpeg

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I’m thinking “gray bar hotel” equates to “in jail, behind bars”.....nothing to do with crossing the Atlantic aka the pond.
Yes and of course I had to check all this stuff out ?. I found that all the different slang has to do with how old you are and what time period and what jail you are talking about ?. The sites said there's probably more slang for going to jail then anything else. But it's just really funny that the "across the pond" started in the way it did. It's kinda like the slang of today for the word bad. With teens it means really good or cool. I wonder what language will be in a hundred years.?

Snoopy’s mom

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Honolulu
Yes and of course I had to check all this stuff out ?. I found that all the different slang has to do with how old you are and what time period and what jail you are talking about ?. The sites said there's probably more slang for going to jail then anything else. But it's just really funny that the "across the pond" started in the way it did. It's kinda like the slang of today for the word bad. With teens it means really good or cool. I wonder what language will be in a hundred years.?
Hmmm, that makes total sense. Kids nowadays donʻt say things line neato, or groovy.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I have a new toy... a Ring Stick Up security camera. It’s battery operated, wireless and connects to the house wifi. I quickly mounted it on an existing camera mount on the fence for tonight - a bit far from the feed station. First prickly results are encouraging ? We can watch live from a phone or iPad.

The bright light is the dark infrared flash from the trail camera.
View attachment 321116
I need some of those type of cameras. I wouldn't mind having one inside too. I've been kinda looking for a long time. I want the type that will do still photos too. While I sit watching. Snap. What kind of animal is that? It has the same shape as my rabbit.?

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Good morning,
How is your weather there ?
I just saw the news for Texas weather and I am worried about you....?
Also on the news—in Texas a house blew up because of fireworks ?? WTH??
2 horses were rescued. 1 got hurt....
?
Did you hear the blast?
They said it was heard 20 miles away!! ?
Please be careful!!
I am ok.. we had a little wind with some lightening and thunder but it was just bluster this time.. we are all good.. I believe that fire was In SoCal.. I read about it..

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Kids are on spring break this week so I have been packing.. I’m leaving out in the morning to take Jayden and Cinder on an adventure.. we are headed to legoland in Grapevine tx and will then Jaunt next door to the aquarium.
We will spend the night in Grapevine amd then get up Friday and head to Glenrose to visit Dinoworld.. from there over to the state park for a bit of Dino tracking and hiking.. I will endeavor to take lots of pics for y’all:)