COLD DARK ROOM

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
Good afternoon all. Out kayaking the better part of the day. Such great weather and way above average temps.

I see those pesky Tortoise Forum video pop-up ads are back ?

Spotting For Eagles
View attachment 322738
I'm getting 2 types. One at the side and another between posts. It's probably just experiments to get it done. Looks like you had a beautiful day.?

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Good afternooning all. I hope your day is going well.

I have been sorting out the garden a bit today.

I very carefully extracted the leafcutter bee cocoons from their bee hotel. They won’t emerge until next month so they’ll stay in a ventilated tub in the garage for a few more weeks. The construction is fascinating. They use pieces of leaf, mostly rose, and by the look of it a few rose petals to make the cells to lay their eggs in. And each cell has a ball of pollen for the bee grub to feed on. There’s a lovely smell of pot pourri from these cocoons!
0FF92905-30A2-4146-B396-8211EE37B6EB.jpeg

The bee hotel has been in the garage, safe from frost, all winter but I wanted to clean it to ensure there were no parasites hanging around to grab this year’s bees. Obviously, you can’t use insecticide on the bee hotel so the trays were scrubbed in hot water and, when they’re dry, they’ll go in the freezer for a few days to ensure no parasite eggs remain alive.
E70C945C-816B-4261-9FF0-5B80EB10139F.jpeg

Out in the garden, a second Red Mason Bee has emerged from its cocoon 10 days after the first. I have been bringing these into the garage on frosty nights. Hopefully the rest will emerge soon ?
4713F674-ED7D-4F5A-8AAE-AE6742BC9C89.jpeg

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good afternoon/evening all.
It's been cold and wet and windy here again today with some sunny spells:(
Had a follow up at the hospital today after my melanoma removal.
They checked me for any other abnormal moles and lesions, and also my lymph nodes to make sure nothing has developed further and thankfully all good. If the scar hasn't improved by Autumn I may be referred for laser treatment, but don't have to go back for 3 months now.
Apart from that went dandy picking for Lola.
He seems to have changed his eating pattern the last few days and not eaten until the evening o_O
Strange tort.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
They checked me for any other abnormal moles and lesions, and also my lymph nodes to make sure nothing has developed further and thankfully all good. If the scar hasn't improved by Autumn I may be referred for laser treatment, but don't have to go back for 3 months now.
He seems to have changed his eating pattern the last few days and not eaten until the evening o_O
Strange tort.
Glad to hear your melanoma checkup went well. JoesDad goes for annual chelcs and ha had several oddities removed over the years. Fortunately nothing has proved significant, but he’s a red head with weird skin and regardless of colouring you cannot be too careful.

And Lola is just plain weird ?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Strange tort.
Isn't that just like them to try and keep us guessing ? I'm so glad to see your checkup went good. I'll keep you in my prayers ? xoxoxo

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I just saw a pretty cute ad between posts from Etsy for Mother's day gifts. There was 2 torts then a dandelion plant and what looks like a gord plant.
I can't bring myself to x this one out but most likely the moderators should be aware that Etsy has an ad on the forum selling torts at a reduced rate. The plants are still at full price.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Strange tort.
Glad everything was good at the hospital!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I can't bring myself to x this one out but most likely the moderators should be aware that Etsy has an ad on the forum selling torts at a reduced rate. The plants are still at full price.
I don't get the ads. Next time you see it send a screen shot to Josh.