COLD DARK ROOM

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Palm Bay Fl
Wow...we actually received a little more than 1 inch of rain yesterday. We’re many inches behind “normal” & in a mini-drought. But, just an inch really helped freshen things up.
Still waiting here for rain. Think I will get the sprinkler out to green up a section of grass for Opo.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
I am gone a lot during the day so this allows me to take fresh pads out in The morning before I leave and they are able to eat them easily once they wake up and come out to roam.. and Ray, you should never thank me for a simple reply.. I’m a conversationalist by nature.. I love to talk... even if I dont know what I’m talking about:)))
Ok,I will try to refrain. ?It just seems to be the proper thing to do. ??

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Morning Ray!!!
it does work! All it is is an all thread bolt hammered into the ground with about 6” left above ground.. I screwed a nut down about 2 inches from the top and put a washer over it. I just push the pad on to it and then screw another nut on top to hold the pad on.

Could you post another picture of it
For the doors (me) who missed it the first time around??? ???

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Good evenooning all.

Blue t!t season has started at my rescue. This is the start of the really busy period… but they are so cute! We use tippex dots to identify individuals that need medication. You can see a dot on the head of one of them
View attachment 325832

The little Nuthatch is growing so fast
View attachment 325834

And we still have loads of baby European Robins coming in
View attachment 325833

Oh my goodness!!!
How do you not nick one??
... under your jumper!!!! ?

For my Maggie....
That means to steal one under your sweater/shirt. ?

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Wales has had the wettest May on record for 160 years!
I was just watching the weather on the Welsh language channel and the English subtitles made me smile.
It seems that we are to expect temps of 405C over the weekend??.
Better get that high factor sun cream out!!!
It should have translated as 14.5C - slightly more comfortable!!

That’s 761 degrees in Fahrenheit over here!
Even lobsters ? would need some cream!!....(.and some clarified butter..?)

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
They will have taken a battering again with all the recent high winds.☹️
The sparrows are still nest building, I broke off some long grass around Lola's clover patch the other day and threw it on the path. Within minutes a sparrow was flying back and for, sorting through it and flying off with beak fulls. This was while I was stood there so he was obviously on a mission to repair or rebuild a nest.

You ARE AWSOME FOR THAT!!!! ???

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Anything on how to lay vinyl flooring (rolled)?
How do ya cut around the toilet
(Besides an exacto knife??)
You would definitely want to remove the toilet and cut a hole just to expose the toilet flange. A standard razor knife will do just fine. If you are using vinyl plank type flooring use a sharp razor knife, score it and then bend at the score. Always make your score on the finished side of the flooring.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Around here, most ppl absolutely expect appliances to be in the house & part of the sales deal. Few ppl pack out their appliances. When we looked at houses down in Florida, it seemed 50/50. Some houses included, but some didnt. Who wants to buy a “brand new house” but then have to go out appliance shopping, delivery, install, etc.
In the UK, fixtures and fittings include fitted kitchen appliances and must be left behind. So if a washing machine, dryer, fridge or cooker are builtin then they have to stay. If they’re not builtin then the vendor has the option of not including them in the sale.

Fixtures and fittings also include things like curtain rails and wired in light fittings.

When we bought this house the people who moved out were a nightmare. They took all but one of the curtain rails, left us with no lights in the dining room and no wall lights in the lounge (just wires poking out the wall) and even took the flap off the back of the letter box in the front door. They did leave all the kitchen appliances though. The irony is that they were moving to a property valued then (20 years ago) at just over £1million… nearly five times what they sold this house for! They weren’t short of money.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Oh my goodness!!!
How do you not nick one??
... under your jumper!!!! ?

For my Maggie....
That means to steal one under your sweater/shirt. ?
They are so cute, but they need feeding every 30 minutes throughout daylight hours! It’s so lovely to watch them grow. I love it when they first get fed mealworms. Each one will be on a perch with a mealworm under one foot carefully peering at it and working out how to eat it.

Maro2Bear

10 Year Member!
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
You would definitely want to remove the toilet and cut a hole just to expose the toilet flange. A standard razor knife will do just fine. If you are using vinyl plank type flooring use a sharp razor knife, score it and then bend at the score. Always make your score on the finished side of the flooring.

BUT, if you dont want to hassle with toilet removal.....this video here shows how you cut around things like toilets.

Maro2Bear

10 Year Member!
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
In the UK, fixtures and fittings include fitted kitchen appliances and must be left behind. So if a washing machine, dryer, fridge or cooker are builtin then they have to stay. If they’re not builtin then the vendor has the option of not including them in the sale.

Fixtures and fittings also include things like curtain rails and wired in light fittings.

When we bought this house the people who moved out were a nightmare. They took all but one of the curtain rails, left us with no lights in the dining room and no wall lights in the lounge (just wires poking out the wall) and even took the flap off the back of the letter box in the front door. They did leave all the kitchen appliances though. The irony is that they were moving to a property valued then (20 years ago) at just over £1million… nearly five times what they sold this house for! They weren’t short of money.

Yeah....we’re leaving/equipping the house with more than wires. The funny thing, (based on your story) is that we intalled nice shiny new mail box and new letter box “flaps” since the old ones looked crappy.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good morning/afternoon all.
Warmer and drier here today but there's still some light showers expected.
I have a slot booked at a tip tomorrow where they take paper, tetra packs, hard plastics and sheet glass so I'm busy loading the car up with as much as possible. My nearest tip doesn't take any of the above so I'm having to go further afield.
Also having my second covid jab tomorrow morning and meeting up with my twin sisters, so I'm going to be out and about most of the day.
Anyway back to today's jobs and I hope you're all having a good Weds.
TTFN

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Good morning/afternoon all.
Warmer and drier here today but there's still some light showers expected.
I have a slot booked at a tip tomorrow where they take paper, tetra packs, hard plastics and sheet glass so I'm busy loading the car up with as much as possible. My nearest tip doesn't take any of the above so I'm having to go further afield.
Also having my second covid jab tomorrow morning and meeting up with my twin sisters, so I'm going to be out and about most of the day.
Anyway back to today's jobs and I hope you're all having a good Weds.
TTFN
Sounds like a busy couple of days!!! Enjoy your “rat killing” and give Lola a neck rub for me:)

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
BUT, if you dont want to hassle with toilet removal.....this video here shows how you cut around things like toilets.

You definitely can cut around, but sometimes over a period of time from cleaning and the occasional over flow. The edge of the vinyl has a tendency to curl up even when caulked in correctly. I also like to use a PVC 1/2" quarter round for a base trim around the perimeter. In kitchens and bathrooms, I always use PVC base trim. It nails up and takes paint like wood. But over time moisture, cleaning materials don't have a affect on it. It is also cheaper than wood or used to be.