COLD DARK ROOM

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Palm Bay Fl
As always. I asked a few common sense questions that were not well-received. Some days it's just too hard to stifle myself, so I need a good slap down to restore order.
Been there done that. We need a thread with a VPN installed. So the moderators cant see what we are saying. ??

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Morning Ray!!!
it does work! All it is is an all thread bolt hammered into the ground with about 6” left above ground.. I screwed a nut down about 2 inches from the top and put a washer over it. I just push the pad on to it and then screw another nut on top to hold the pad on.
I remember the set up. I am trying to eliminate things that hurt my lower back. Bending over in my chair while feeding Opo cactus hurts. I love hand feeding him but if I use your setup no and then. It will help,I figured you have used it for awhile now. So if there were any drawbacks, you would have found out by now.
Thanks for the reply.

Maro2Bear

10 Year Member!
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
I remember the set up. I am trying to eliminate things that hurt my lower back. Bending over in my chair while feeding Opo cactus hurts. I love hand feeding him but if I use your setup no and then. It will help,I figured you have used it for awhile now. So if there were any drawbacks, you would have found out by now.
Thanks for the reply.

@Turtulas-Len also has a simple Opuntia feeding stick. Hey Len, can you post a few pix of your method for Sir Walker?

Jan A

Boulder, CO
Do people expect to the washer to be left when they buy a house in the US?
In the UK most people take their own with them or maybe they are given the option of buying one if the seller doesn't want to take it.
It depends on how enamored you are with your appliances as to whether you move them or leave them. It's generally put in the sales contract offer/ acceptance.

My dishwasher in my new home is noisier than the one I left behind in my old house, which I never thought was possible. And no it's not my hubby, although he groans as well.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Good evenooning all.

Blue t!t season has started at my rescue. This is the start of the really busy period… but they are so cute! We use tippex dots to identify individuals that need medication. You can see a dot on the head of one of them
82CCD357-D21F-4B41-B0EC-BE37C08B75B4.jpeg

The little Nuthatch is growing so fast
2EF098D5-45A0-41DD-8B30-FF7278E218AC.jpeg

And we still have loads of baby European Robins coming in
FDF2613D-CCDB-4DA0-9DAB-071F69451634.jpeg

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Wow...we actually received a little more than 1 inch of rain yesterday. We’re many inches behind “normal” & in a mini-drought. But, just an inch really helped freshen things up.
Wales has had the wettest May on record for 160 years!
I was just watching the weather on the Welsh language channel and the English subtitles made me smile.
It seems that we are to expect temps of 405C over the weekend??.
Better get that high factor sun cream out!!!
It should have translated as 14.5C - slightly more comfortable!!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good evenooning all.

Blue t!t season has started at my rescue. This is the start of the really busy period… but they are so cute! We use tippex dots to identify individuals that need medication. You can see a dot on the head of one of them
View attachment 325832

View attachment 325834

View attachment 325833
They will have taken a battering again with all the recent high winds.☹️
The sparrows are still nest building, I broke off some long grass around Lola's clover patch the other day and threw it on the path. Within minutes a sparrow was flying back and for, sorting through it and flying off with beak fulls. This was while I was stood there so he was obviously on a mission to repair or rebuild a nest.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Thanks for the reply.
I am gone a lot during the day so this allows me to take fresh pads out in The morning before I leave and they are able to eat them easily once they wake up and come out to roam.. and Ray, you should never thank me for a simple reply.. I’m a conversationalist by nature.. I love to talk... even if I dont know what I’m talking about:)))

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Good evenooning all.

View attachment 325832

View attachment 325834

View attachment 325833
What does the one little bluetitt need meds for?

Maro2Bear

10 Year Member!
It depends on how enamored you are with your appliances as to whether you move them or leave them. It's generally put in the sales contract offer/ acceptance.

My dishwasher in my new home is noisier than the one I left behind in my old house, which I never thought was possible. And no it's not my hubby, although he groans as well.

Around here, most ppl absolutely expect appliances to be in the house & part of the sales deal. Few ppl pack out their appliances. When we looked at houses down in Florida, it seemed 50/50. Some houses included, but some didnt. Who wants to buy a “brand new house” but then have to go out appliance shopping, delivery, install, etc.

Maro2Bear

10 Year Member!
Rehab House Update - we have relatively “new” washer & dryer units in the mud room area right off the garage entry. The top of the washer unfortunately has lots of small scratches & rusty marks. We bought some high-end Appliance Enamel spray & gave the entire top a good spray. We’re letting it dry under a tent overnight so no dust settles.

View attachment 325791

And the unveiling this morning.....honestly. This Rust Oleum appliance paint matched perfectly with the original...

9F023CFC-CBD3-419A-B496-8E7F3054D0CB.jpeg

Here‘s the product we used.

? https://www.rustoleum.com/product-catalog/consumer-brands/specialty/appliance-epoxy-spray

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Do people expect to the washer to be left when they buy a house in the US?
In the UK most people take their own with them or maybe they are given the option of buying one if the seller doesn't want to take it.
No but it's a nice gesture on Mark's part. They'll at least have things ready to go for settaling in at their new home.☺️

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK