COLD DARK ROOM

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
New Jersey
Is the UK offering all kinds of freebies for getting the vaccine? You could probably eat for free all day here in the US ?

Yes I agree!
How is it that AFTER I got both shots, all these free stuffs and winning a million dollars came about????
I even asked the girl after my second shot if she had a lollipop for me!
I mean.....even the dentist used to give you a trunk full of stuff to pick from back in the day....

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
I had my second this morning too - so far all good.
My car load of junk was disposed of and then I had a rather nice lunch with my sisters - actually 'inside' a pub!!?
We haven't done that since January 2020.

That’s soooo great!!!! Glad your all done with your shots.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Thank you
Thank you
Thank you!!!
I was looking at wax rings which you need to replace if you remove the toilet.
The first one is the style I always use.
Screenshot_20210527-233125_Google.jpg

I came across this new style which if I ever remove a toilet again. I would use this. Just make sure if using either one. Remove the old wax ring off the toilet and flange on the floor. Also just tighten the nuts down finger tight. You don't want to crack your toilet. Once the caulk dries around the base. Your toilet won't go anywhere.
Screenshot_20210527-233228_Google.jpg

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
The first person in Ohio just won the vaccine lottery of a million dollars. And a high school student just won the full ride to Ohio State University vaccine lottery. Ohio is going to do it for 4 more weeks. To try and promote people in Ohio to get the vaccine.
Is that to encourage people to have the vaccine?

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good morning all.
It's a wet day here but the sun is waiting in the wings and getting ready to make an appearance for most of next week with temps reaching 22C+ ......so they say. I don't like hot days but Lola will enjoy some sun on his back.
Hope you all have a good Friday.

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
I was looking at wax rings which you need to replace if you remove the toilet.
The first one is the style I always use.
View attachment 326032

I came across this new style which if I ever remove a toilet again. I would use this. Just make sure if using either one. Remove the old wax ring off the toilet and flange on the floor. Also just tighten the nuts down finger tight. You don't want to crack your toilet. Once the caulk dries around the base. Your toilet won't go anywhere.
View attachment 326033

Oooooo!
Ok.
I will go get those today!
I will show them your pictures and they should know where it is in the store.
Thanks again Ray!!! ???
Now....
How are YOU feeling today?
Happy Friday (by the way..)

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Good morning all.
It's a wet day here but the sun is waiting in the wings and getting ready to make an appearance for most of next week with temps reaching 22C+ ......so they say. I don't like hot days but Lola will enjoy some sun on his back.

Happy Friday Lyn and all!!!
Funny you say that Lyn..
Here in NJ (over seas) it is the direct opposite!
It is sunny right now but going to rain most of the memorial weekend..?
Makes me believe that even God himself cries (rains) for the senseless deaths from war...
In an up note, at least we’ve all gotten our shots and covid is almost over.
I hope and wish for you all a wonderful happy PEACEFUL weekend.. ?❤️

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Good morning all.
Good morning! Woke up to storms here. I checked the weather and it should move out within a couple hours and then The sun should make an appearance. I hope you can share in Lolas enjoyment just a little ?

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Well it’s official... 1 down, 2 to go... 70E3B04C-77A9-465D-8D4E-7EAF2EB5A711.jpegFF1E9D1B-A9CD-4D05-927D-3180B36DBE98.jpeg
After the ceremony, we all went to a Japanese steakhouse for dinner.. I had siblings, nieces, and great nephews in attendance.. Jess is not sure what path she’s going to go forward with now but she’s still on a long recovery road and I’m not pushing.. I think it’s quite a feat to graduate during a world wide pandemic on top of months of hospitalization.. She’s a trooper and I’m so proud.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Big storm yesterday & a ton of rain in a short period of time. Washed a lot of pollen down, plants loved it.

Banana Tree Loving Heat & Humidity
View attachment 325974

View attachment 325975
My banana tree leaves are getting brown on the edges. Gets plenty of water from Rose watering every evening. I guess 90°+ is to much heat. Has never flowered either.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Well it’s official... 1 down, 2 to go... View attachment 326045View attachment 326046
After the ceremony, we all went to a Japanese steakhouse for dinner.. I had siblings, nieces, and great nephews in attendance.. Jess is not sure what path she’s going to go forward with now but she’s still on a long recovery road and I’m not pushing.. I think it’s quite a feat to graduate during a world wide pandemic on top of months of hospitalization.. She’s a trooper and I’m so proud.
Congratulations Jess!

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Oooooo!
Ok.
I will go get those today!
I will show them your pictures and they should know where it is in the store.
Thanks again Ray!!! ???
Now....
How are YOU feeling today?
Happy Friday (by the way..)
I am doing ok, I haven't told my granddaughter that I wont make her graduation in Michigan yet. I am hoping for a miracle that the clots will dissolve. Plus I hate to disappoint her. But graduation is in 2 weeks so I need to give her heads up. Going for blood tests this morning, so that means fasting. ?

Maro2Bear

10 Year Member!
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Wow!
How beautiful!!!
Does it make lots of bananas?

Ornamental, not edible, bananas. I ordered & had a bunch growing, but lost the tags. Sooo, not sure of this ones name. The stalks won’t produce fruit until they grow something like 100 new leaves, then will put out a flower stalk/fruit. Once it fruits it will then die. By then, it’s put up more rhizomes/roots & new baby banana pups start growing.

The Bananas won’t get much larger than this.
D84E4C8C-E1A1-46B3-97C7-6131DF42A932.jpeg

Maro2Bear

10 Year Member!
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
My banana tree leaves are getting brown on the edges. Gets plenty of water from Rose watering every evening. I guess 90°+ is to much heat. Has never flowered either.

As long as it’s growing. Your ulta bright hot sun probably cinges the very new tender edges.....or, if it’s on the big old leaves, they just dry out and brown up. You are seeing new daily growth i hope?

Happy Friday.

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
Ornamental, not edible, bananas. I ordered & had a bunch growing, but lost the tags. Sooo, not sure of this ones name. The stalks won’t produce fruit until they grow something like 100 new leaves, then will put out a flower stalk/fruit. Once it fruits it will then die. By then, it’s put up more rhizomes/roots & new baby banana pups start growing.

The Bananas won’t get much larger than this.
View attachment 326047
Last summer a forum member from Thailand who now lives in Northern Va. came by to get a bunch of plants for his tortoises and told me to cut the bloom off after you get a few rings of small bananas and they will grow bigger. If I get blooms this year I'm going to try it.