COLD DARK ROOM

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
New Jersey
Ok. Heres Banana 101. Quiz tomorrow. We’ll keep it multiple choice.

lots of good info in here.

Oh... god!
I hope I pass??
I never was good at quizzes or tests... ?

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Well it’s official... 1 down, 2 to go... View attachment 326045View attachment 326046
After the ceremony, we all went to a Japanese steakhouse for dinner.. I had siblings, nieces, and great nephews in attendance.. Jess is not sure what path she’s going to go forward with now but she’s still on a long recovery road and I’m not pushing.. I think it’s quite a feat to graduate during a world wide pandemic on top of months of hospitalization.. She’s a trooper and I’m so proud.
You have every reason to be proud… of yourself as well as your daughter :)

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Really! For the first time??
Yes ? I've never watched so much TV in my whole life until lately. So all those 80's and 90's movies are brand new to me. Even most after 2000. They even ask me now when I go to the doctor if I can concentrate on TV and it's like "? what do I answer to this?" It's supposedly a test for mental health. I liked Beetlejuice? so what do you think?

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Yes, Ohio was lacking in people getting vaccinated. Since the lotto was started last week. Vaccines I think are up by 38 percent in Ohio.
I am gobsmacked that they have had to do this to get people to hve the vaccine. It’s just something that would never happen here in a million years!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
The first person in Ohio just won the vaccine lottery of a million dollars. And a high school student just won the full ride to Ohio State University vaccine lottery. Ohio is going to do it for 4 more weeks. To try and promote people in Ohio to get the vaccine.
OSU is a great choice. I'm glad for that young person.?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I used to keep maintenance on 6 group homes for handicapped and mentally ill residents. Toilets were the most common thing that they focused on to break. I would hate to think how many toilets I have changed. ?
With my brother it's doorknobs. He completely destroys them. I've lost count on how many I've had to replace by now.?

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Good evenooning all.

It’s been a long day. Mercifully, I have had no reaction to my second (Astra Zenica) jab this time.

I was up at 05:45 and headed to the rescue where it turned out I was managing my shift on my own. That’s tough with around 100 babies needing feeding. I had 10 that needed feeds every 15 minutes so making sure everyone got fed was hard work.

Back home, I collapsed into a chair with food and tea to recover, but my tirednes was nothing to do with covid or vaccines and I came round.

Daughter appeared briefly this afternoon to reclaim a few of her house plants and to borrow my car for the weekend. I won’t need it because tomorrow we are heading north to see my Mum for the first time since last October. I can’t wait :)

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Well it’s official... 1 down, 2 to go... View attachment 326045View attachment 326046
After the ceremony, we all went to a Japanese steakhouse for dinner.. I had siblings, nieces, and great nephews in attendance.. Jess is not sure what path she’s going to go forward with now but she’s still on a long recovery road and I’m not pushing.. I think it’s quite a feat to graduate during a world wide pandemic on top of months of hospitalization.. She’s a trooper and I’m so proud.
I'm sure that little lady will achieve anything you wants.?

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good evenooning all.

It’s been a long day. Mercifully, I have had no reaction to my second (Astra Zenica) jab this time.

I was up at 05:45 and headed to the rescue where it turned out I was managing my shift on my own. That’s tough with around 100 babies needing feeding. I had 10 that needed feeds every 15 minutes so making sure everyone got fed was hard work.

Back home, I collapsed into a chair with food and tea to recover, but my tirednes was nothing to do with covid or vaccines and I came round.

Daughter appeared briefly this afternoon to reclaim a few of her house plants and to borrow my car for the weekend. I won’t need it because tomorrow we are heading north to see my Mum for the first time since last October. I can’t wait :)
Blimey that sounds like a manic shift at the the rescue with all those open beaks wanting to be filled!
Are you short of volunteers?

I hope you have a good trip to your Mum's and she'll be looking forward to seeing you too.
You should have some good weather to get out about about.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Two more brand new baby American Robin pix. Just born today. You can see the egg shell.

View attachment 326088
View attachment 326089
I love that you can get such perfect pictures of baby robins. I can't wait to see the ones when they have their feathers. They look so different from what they will be as adults. It would be nice to have a book of baby birds for rescue societies for identifying since that's the first step for helping them.?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Good evenooning all.

I guess the good Lord had mercy on you so you could help his babies ???

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
The pads in the pics are all new growth which won't have flowers until next year. Here's one I picked for Walker. View attachment 326076These come from from a type of cactus that has long spines on the older pads but not on the new growth. here's a pic of the plant this pad came from.View attachment 326077I try to feed Walker a pad by hand every day all year long. I've had 2 back surgeries so I know about bending over.
Oh ok,that's a different cacti than mine. I am the same way. Midafternoon I go looking for Opo. When he sees me, he comes right over. He knows it's cactus time.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Ok. Heres Banana 101. Quiz tomorrow. We’ll keep it multiple choice.

lots of good info in here.

Darn I hate homework!?

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Yes ? I've never watched so much TV in my whole life until lately. So all those 80's and 90's movies are brand new to me. Even most after 2000. They even ask me now when I go to the doctor if I can concentrate on TV and it's like "? what do I answer to this?" It's supposedly a test for mental health. I liked Beetlejuice? so what do you think?
I liked Beetlejuice also. For me after watching a movie, I just need to wait a year and I can't remember what it was about. ?

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Good evenooning all.

Have a lovely time!
I just saw mine today. It was wonderful! ??