COLD DARK ROOM

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
JoesDad and I had our second vaccines :)

Our pizza dinner was very tasty on the way home. I recommend it by way of celebration ?
Is the UK offering all kinds of freebies for getting the vaccine? You could probably eat for free all day here in the US ?

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
So I learned something new today... there are cuckoo bees. These bees lay their eggs in the nest of another bee species.

Our cotoneaster horizontalis has just come into flower and there were dozens of bess on it. Most of them were honey bees, but I managed to photograph (badly with my phone) two of the bumblebees.

The first was a male Early Bumblebee
A89D040F-9278-4434-82AD-F57DD4FC90E2.jpeg
And the second a Forest Cuckoo Bumeblebee … their host of of choice is the Early Bumblebee so it’s no surprise that they’re around together

ACECC8AB-0EBE-454C-946B-0E81B34A71DD.jpeg
Is the UK offering all kinds of freebies for getting the vaccine? You could probably eat for free all day here in the US ?
No. We didn’t even get a sticker this time :D

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
So I learned something new today... there are cuckoo bees. These bees lay their eggs in the nest of another bee species.

Our cotoneaster horizontalis has just come into flower and there were dozens of bess on it. Most of them were honey bees, but I managed to photograph (badly with my phone) two of the bumblebees.

View attachment 325994
And the second a Forest Cuckoo Bumeblebee … their host of of choice is the Early Bumblebee so it’s no surprise that they’re around together

View attachment 325993

I do have bumblebees and the wasps that don't sting that bad. My brother said he hasn't seen honey bees either. We're in the same city. I'm not sure about the rest of our state. Here in the US so many people don't want the vaccine that they're trying anything to get people to take it. My state has a lottery going on for a million dollars. 5 people over the next 5 weeks will win a million and 5 young people will win a full scholarship to the college of their choice.... and then there's all the freebies as a bonus for everyone.☺️

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Sisters???
Plural?...
Are you a triplet?!?
How marvelous!!!!!
I hope you played tricks on people.?
No not a triplet, but 2 of my sisters are twins and they're not identical. We are very close in age though and they used to gang up against me when we were kids - I used to give as good as I got though!! ;)
My Mum didn't know she was having twins until they were born so it was quite a shock for her and my Dad.
I am one of 6 kids but sadly there are only 4 of us left now.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
If it didn't rock before you should be ok. They make plastic shims to level the toilet. You put a level on the bowl of the toilet with the seat up or off. Then slide the shims between the floor and bottom of toilet. If some of the shim sticks past the bottom. Pull it back out, trim it off and slide back in. Trim it enough so the shim is inset a little. So when you caulk the base of the toilet. The caulk will cover the shim. Level the toilet side to side and front to back. If you have old caulk on the floor or toilet. Remove before using new caulk. Hope that's not to confusing. You always have YouTube to refer to.
That's a lot of good information to go on ;)

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
JoesDad and I had our second vaccines :)

Our pizza dinner was very tasty on the way home. I recommend it by way of celebration ?
I had my second this morning too - so far all good.
My car load of junk was disposed of and then I had a rather nice lunch with my sisters - actually 'inside' a pub!!?
We haven't done that since January 2020.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK

View attachment 325994

View attachment 325993

My weigela, shrub that my neighbours have been doing their best to destroy, is covered with little pink flowers that the bees absolutely love . There's always a buzz around that shrub.
I didn't know about cuckoo bees either, so I've also learnt something new - thank you.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good evening (or even morning to Linda if she's still up and about)
Hope your Thursday is going well.
Friday has already arrived in the UK and I'm just about to take myself off to bed.
So see you in the morning - Nos Da.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
That plant looks very like Audrey from the Little Shop of Horrors!
Be careful Mark! Especially if it starts to demand 'Feed me!' and grows teeth.
View attachment 326011
Great minds think alike ? I'm so disgusted with TV tonight that I'm gonna watch Beetlejuice ? for the first time.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
That's a lot of good information to go on ;)
I used to keep maintenance on 6 group homes for handicapped and mentally ill residents. Toilets were the most common thing that they focused on to break. I would hate to think how many toilets I have changed. ?

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Sure I can. I use them for all my sulcatas. This is Galloper who has been here a short time and figured it out immediately after setting it up. View attachment 325950And Donald who has used one since moving him outside last year.View attachment 325951View attachment 325952It's just a clay pot upside down with a sturdy rod through the hole on the pot bottom driven into the ground. Donald's is 1/2 copper pipe and Gallopers is a square metal rod from a coffee table.
That's a great idea. Your pads look the same as mine, but I get more of a flower growth. I will only get 1 or 2 of the berry type blooms in a yr. Opo loves them but I am not sure why I don't get more. I get 100's of the flower type.
I like to feed Opo by hand just to have that personal time with him. But it kills my back bending over.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
The first person in Ohio just won the vaccine lottery of a million dollars. And a high school student just won the full ride to Ohio State University vaccine lottery. Ohio is going to do it for 4 more weeks. To try and promote people in Ohio to get the vaccine.

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
If it didn't rock before you should be ok. They make plastic shims to level the toilet. You put a level on the bowl of the toilet with the seat up or off. Then slide the shims between the floor and bottom of toilet. If some of the shim sticks past the bottom. Pull it back out, trim it off and slide back in. Trim it enough so the shim is inset a little. So when you caulk the base of the toilet. The caulk will cover the shim. Level the toilet side to side and front to back. If you have old caulk on the floor or toilet. Remove before using new caulk. Hope that's not to confusing. You always have YouTube to refer to.

Thank you
Thank you
Thank you!!!

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey