COLD DARK ROOM

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Just back from a WalMart mulch run. We have two days before the Rehab House hits the market. Wifey met with the Realtor yesterday and he said it would be good to do and it will add that much more of a finished look to the deck. So, 20 two cubic ft bags loaded. Now, off to unload & spread. Luckily WalMart always has good prices.

Luckily it’s about 70 & overcast. Next week starts 90 degree temps.

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Those V hulls are so much better than the bass boats. Of course you have a deeper draft so your limited in the shallows but your stability is off the charts. In a 16' V hull on the James River a friend and I were on the river with a container ship came through. It was a smaller one, but still had a 20' draft. It was like riding a bronco, but that boat fought it. Your dad bought a boat for the long haul! Enjoy

For just one second I was acting like a lady today...
So when I read your post here all I saw were words like this : cicisivichsvfovlbhojaaicivnai do mzksigivizm jshfnhoc anfobixkcjd dab kendo clsmci Kwai I kdjfcl boat.. fkgiskrivkzk Ave is Hsc ... ??

Didn’t understand ANY of it!
Just figured it was sexy man talk about boats.... and dinghies ⛵️??

I had to slap myself back to the girl I really am and read it again!
Back to Wiping my nose on my sleeve...?☹️
Now it all makes sense!!!!
Wow! I am shocked that a cargo ship (while small) is still a much bigger size than a boat! ? No??

And.... ehh em ....
what the he**. is a V-Hull???
and why does it give you a deeper draft??
Sounds kinky to me?
Moderators????.....
Are you reading this stuff!??

You leave my “limited shallows” alone kind Sir! ?
I don’t want them hanging down around my ankles when I am older!!!

What kinda “boat talk” is this?????

YVOOOOOONNNEE!!!!!!!
MAAAAAGGGGGIIIIEEEEE!!!!
MOOODDERATOOOOORRRRRSSSSS!!!!!
???

Jan A

Boulder, CO
So when I read your post here all I saw were words like this : cicisivichsvfovlbhojaaicivnai do mzksigivizm jshfnhoc anfobixkcjd dab kendo clsmci Kwai I kdjfcl boat.. fkgiskrivkzk Ave is Hsc ... ??

Wow! I am shocked that a cargo ship (while small) is still a much bigger size than a boat! ? No??

And.... ehh em ....
Sounds kinky to me?
Moderators????.....

YVOOOOOONNNEE!!!!!!!
MAAAAAGGGGGIIIIEEEEE!!!!
???
It was just manly man talk, Chef. Nothing to get your granny pants out for!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster

And.... ehh em ....
Sounds kinky to me?
Moderators????.....

YVOOOOOONNNEE!!!!!!!
MAAAAAGGGGGIIIIEEEEE!!!!
???
Silly girl trying to act like a lady ??

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas

And.... ehh em ....
Sounds kinky to me?
Moderators????.....

YVOOOOOONNNEE!!!!!!!
MAAAAAGGGGGIIIIEEEEE!!!!
???
Dangggg... and I thought I was bad ?

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl

And.... ehh em ....
Sounds kinky to me?
Moderators????.....

YVOOOOOONNNEE!!!!!!!
MAAAAAGGGGGIIIIEEEEE!!!!
???
I could play off of this post. But I will leave it alone. ?

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Well I fired my hematologist today. He was new because my last 2, one had died and one had retired. When I went in for my checkup. The PA came in first and during her questions she asked if I was taking my coumadin correctly? I said of course, my wife makes sure I take my meds correctly. Then the doctor came in looked at my charts and asked if I was taking my meds correctly because my blood levels are not consistent. I told him the same thing about Rose making sure I take my meds. He questioned me again later on in a way of accusations that I was not telling the truth. After a long wait in the waiting room and the ride there. My pain level was high. So I exploded and told him to get f##ked and a few other comments. Then Rose and I left with me ranting all the way out of the building. Not one of my finest moments.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Well I fired my hematologist today. He was new because my last 2, one had died and one had retired. When I went in for my checkup. The PA came in first and during her questions she asked if I was taking my coumadin correctly? I said of course, my wife makes sure I take my meds correctly. Then the doctor came in looked at my charts and asked if I was taking my meds correctly because my blood levels are not consistent. I told him the same thing about Rose making sure I take my meds. He questioned me again later on in a way of accusations that I was not telling the truth. After a long wait in the waiting room and the ride there. My pain level was high. So I exploded and told him to get f##ked and a few other comments. Then Rose and I left with me ranting all the way out of the building. Not one of my finest moments.
I wish I could run my mouth like you. I'm still dealing with colitis and the er didn't have my drugs correct and they're in the same network. I think I was overdosed on d3. Good thing I can read. If the er had the correct info I probably would have had some answers by now.??

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Some interesting turtle/tortoise items from our Canadian friends

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Don’t d
don’t worry about it! You deserve a doctor who cares and listens.. after all, you’ve been going through that longer than they have!

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Ring ding ding da ding da ding da ding ?
what did the fox say??
DFC70401-0DCC-4EA2-8177-1818B68A89F3.jpegone of my three kits welcoming me home today:). They have denned in my pasture this year again and will soon be ready to leave. I usually get about two weeks of watching them play once they are big enough to come out and then they hit the road:) mother fox and Ready are fast friends! She can often be seen sitting next to him as he waits for feed by my tack room.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Some interesting turtle/tortoise items from our Canadian friends

Poor turtles have all sorts of problems. I saw something on tv recently about how global warming is affecting the temps of sand/soil which then affects the success of turtles eggs.
I'm sure I've read on TFO how the higher temps also affects gender, so if the eggs do hatch you could end up with too many males or females.
In some places, when they've dug themselves out of the nest at night, the hatchlings also have the confusion caused by electric lighting near beaches which they head for instead of the sea so get lost and taken by predators.
They have lot to deal with :(
Good job they have people looking out for them.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
I'm not a doctor but common sense tells me that unless there was exactly the same interval between taking the meds and having blood work done each time then there could be differences, so he needs to allow for that. Also what have you to gain by not telling the truth? Seems to me he needs to think before he starts casting aspersions.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
I wish I could run my mouth like you. I'm still dealing with colitis and the er didn't have my drugs correct and they're in the same network. I think I was overdosed on d3. Good thing I can read. If the er had the correct info I probably would have had some answers by now.??
Oh that's to bad. Hope it gets figured out.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Don’t d

don’t worry about it! You deserve a doctor who cares and listens.. after all, you’ve been going through that longer than they have!
I have a appointment with my primary doctor fri. I am going to ask her if she can deal with my coumadin and my blood levels. I go twice a week for blood to be taken to monitor my levels. I have never got a call to make adjustments. My dad went thru the same thing. Sometimes within a hr from being home from giving blood. The doctors office would be calling. Telling him to adjust the med. I complained to the doctor about that also. I said you accuse me of not doing my part. Where have been your phone calls to me? If my levels were wrong.

Jan A

Boulder, CO
Much, much better to get it out to the person it's meant for in this kind of situation then to fume on it for days, especially at your kind of pain levels, Ray. Did Rose walk with you or 20' away so people wouldn't think she was with you?

Hubby has done that to me when i'm cussing out adults riding their bicycles on the sidewalk when there's a perfectly good bike lane to ride in. I'm out in the country now. I'm better.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
I'm not a doctor but common sense tells me that unless there was exactly the same interval between taking the meds and having blood work done each time then there could be differences, so he needs to allow for that. Also what have you to gain by not telling the truth? Seems to me he needs to think before he starts casting aspersions.
I go twice a week to give blood. So he could monitor my blood levels. I never heard from him to adjust my meds. Makes me wonder if he was doing his job.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Much, much better to get it out to the person it's meant for in this kind of situation then to fume on it for days, especially at your kind of pain levels, Ray. Did Rose walk with you or 20' away so people wouldn't think she was with you?

Hubby has done that to me when i'm cussing out adults riding their bicycles on the sidewalk when there's a perfectly good bike lane to ride in. I'm out in the country now. I'm better.
She got to the door pretty quick. But she stayed and held the door open for me. ?

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey

Good for you Ray!!!!
YOU WERE RIGHT!
My mom HAD a doctor that sent her for all these X-rays and MRIs..and
A month later she went back for something different and he told her she needed X-rays and MRIs . She told him she had them done a month ago and he refused to believe her and wrote another prescription for them. When the nurse came in she asked her to tell him that she had gotten them already and when the nurse said
“Why yes doctor she had them done last month. Didn’t you LOOK at her chart?”
When I found this out I could have killed this man!!!
Never again will he get his hands on MY mom!
What happened to all the good doctors out there??
They seem to be lacking in sense lately??

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good morning/afternoon all.
Not as sunny today but dry and warm.
The best thing about today is that the nasty neighbours have gone away!!?
Don't know how long for but even a couple of days is respite.
Hope everyone has a good Thursday!!!