COLD DARK ROOM

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Off to do some ship spotting….hope we see it.

BALTIMORE, Md. (7News) — Traffic will be halted on two bridges temporarily on Thursday morning due to a delivery of large cranes that are headed up the Chesapeake Bay to the Port of Baltimore.

The Maryland Transportation Authority (MDTA) announced that traffic on the Bay Bridge will be held at approximately 10 a.m. and traffic on the Key Bridge will be held at approximately 12 p.m. Both closures are expected to last for about 15 to 30 minutes.

Here’s a quick pix of the barge as it passed beneath the Bay Bridge. Still need to look at all of our photos. We timed it perfectly this morning. Out of the house, zipped over to Sandy Point State Park, parked, walked to the water’s edge as the barge made its way upstream.

47EDDA73-1BD7-464C-82DC-135D2BFB59F2.jpeg

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas

BALTIMORE, Md. (7News) — Traffic will be halted on two bridges temporarily on Thursday morning due to a delivery of large cranes that are headed up the Chesapeake Bay to the Port of Baltimore.

The Maryland Transportation Authority (MDTA) announced that traffic on the Bay Bridge will be held at approximately 10 a.m. and traffic on the Key Bridge will be held at approximately 12 p.m. Both closures are expected to last for about 15 to 30 minutes.
Good luck! I’ll look forward to the pics:)

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Here’s a quick pix of the barge as it passed beneath the Bay Bridge. Still need to look at all of our photos. We timed it perfectly this morning. Out of the house, zipped over to Sandy Point State Park, parked, walked to the water’s edge as the barge made its way upstream.

View attachment 332463

Here’s a short video of the event.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl

The bad thing is we have sent all our good cranes to developing countries like Dubai.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Here’s a short video of the event.

One morning I was fishing lake Huron on a foggy morning. A tug pushing a large barge came into view way to close right in front of me. He tangled 3 of my trooling lines. Lost about 200 dollars of equipment.? I figured they had radar, I found the radio channel they were on and gave them hell. It got really heated.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Rainy & overcast here, but it’s supposed to clear up by tomorrow. After our sight seeing trip, I picked up on another log project. You all know, log to bowl.

This started out as a cut off from the previous log/bowl.

Where we’re at now before I micrwave it a few times to remove the moisture & help prevent cracks.

2E7A37B2-A391-427A-894D-8D917461FDBE.jpeg24D49577-9675-433C-ADCE-6AE85F5B46F4.jpeg

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Rainy & overcast here, but it’s supposed to clear up by tomorrow. After our sight seeing trip, I picked up on another log project. You all know, log to bowl.

This started out as a cut off from the previous log/bowl.

Where we’re at now before I micrwave it a few times to remove the moisture & help prevent cracks.

View attachment 332473View attachment 332474
Looks nice! I like the microwave idea. Was the log found in the water? Do you know the type of wood.

Chubbs the tegu

Ma

View attachment 332463
Awesome man!

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Well 4 days ago I got bit by a red ant between my 2nd and 3rd toe. In 2 days it spread to the other toes. I itches like crazy. Hydrocortisone spray eliminates the itch. Just started today applying Mupirocin ointment on it.Going to my doctor on Wednesday. If it gets worse. I will go to a clinic. 20210906_141105.jpg

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Looks nice! I like the microwave idea. Was the log found in the water? Do you know the type of wood.

No, not in the water. The power line crews routinely trim back encroaching trees along the lines. These are mixed hardwoods, the leaves & bark looked like a White Oak. So, fresh “green” wood has a higher moisture content than aged/kiln dried wood. So, microwaving the bowl many many times @30 secs will help evaporate the moisture.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Well 4 days ago I got bit by a red ant between my 2nd and 3rd toe. In 2 days it spread to the other toes. I itches like crazy. Hydrocortisone spray eliminates the itch. Just started today applying Mupirocin ointment on it.Going to my doctor on Wednesday. If it gets worse. I will go to a clinic. View attachment 332479
Yikes! That looks nasty!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster

I know what you mean. It's exciting to see. The Delta Queen went down the Ohio River once a few years ago (quite a few). People flocked from all over just to get to see it. It was so worth it.?

Chubbs the tegu

Ma
Well 4 days ago I got bit by a red ant between my 2nd and 3rd toe. In 2 days it spread to the other toes. I itches like crazy. Hydrocortisone spray eliminates the itch. Just started today applying Mupirocin ointment on it.Going to my doctor on Wednesday. If it gets worse. I will go to a clinic. View attachment 332479
Wow man! I would go get that checked out. Just dont let them give u any vitamin A shots lol nah but seriously that looks bad.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
I'm glad we don't have those ants here!!
That looks really painful Ray - I hope it disappears soon for you.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
No, not in the water. The power line crews routinely trim back encroaching trees along the lines. These are mixed hardwoods, the leaves & bark looked like a White Oak. So, fresh “green” wood has a higher moisture content than aged/kiln dried wood. So, microwaving the bowl many many times @30 secs will help evaporate the moisture.
When I was teaching someone gave me 1 inch slices of a small tree trunk that the kids were going to put hooks in for keys and decorate. By the time I was able to start the craft project they had started cracking so we couldn't use them. Would microwaving them have stopped that?

Last edited:

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
that is NOT normal!!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good afternoon evening all.
We've had quite a bit of rain today which was very welcome after almost 3 dry weeks.

I had a hospital appointment for my other knee this morning, just had x rays done and saw the doc. Now waiting for an MRI scan to see if I've torn any thing in this leg, it certainly feels the same as when I'd torn the cartilage in the other......will have to wait and see.

I was out in the garden about an hour ago and my hedgehog showed up and walked straight towards me - he wasn't at all nervous - probably realises I'm the kind lady who puts the food out for him. When he'd finished tucking into that he wandered off into the bushes and obviously disturbed one of my frogs who shot across the garden and dived into the pond. It's lovely watching and listening to the wildlife in my little garden at night.

I hope you're all having a good Thursday, only 25 mins left of mine and I'll soon be heading up to the Land of Nod. So I'll bid you goodnight and will not see you tomorrow.