COLD DARK ROOM

Chubbs the tegu

Location (City and/or State)
Ma
Good afternoon evening all.
We've had quite a bit of rain today which was very welcome after almost 3 dry weeks.

I had a hospital appointment for my other knee this morning, just had x rays done and saw the doc. Now waiting for an MRI scan to see if I've torn any thing in this leg, it certainly feels the same as when I'd torn the cartilage in the other......will have to wait and see.

I was out in the garden about an hour ago and my hedgehog showed up and walked straight towards me - he wasn't at all nervous - probably realises I'm the kind lady who puts the food out for him. When he'd finished tucking into that he wandered off into the bushes and obviously disturbed one of my frogs who shot across the garden and dived into the pond. It's lovely watching and listening to the wildlife in my little garden at night.

I hope you're all having a good Thursday, only 25 mins left of mine and I'll soon be heading up to the Land of Nod. So I'll bid you goodnight and will not see you tomorrow.
I read good afternoon, doc appt, garden, and goodnight... now im gonna go put it all together lol goodnight Lyn

Jan A

Boulder, CO
Well 4 days ago I got bit by a red ant between my 2nd and 3rd toe. In 2 days it spread to the other toes. I itches like crazy. Hydrocortisone spray eliminates the itch. Just started today applying Mupirocin ointment on it.Going to my doctor on Wednesday. If it gets worse. I will go to a clinic. View attachment 332479
Oh man, that makes me want to howl. I'll be thinkin' positive vibes that this goes away & fast. OW, OW, OW!!!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good evening/afternoon fellow CDRers
It's been pretty quiet in this week ?

We've had a wettish cooler day again - feeling more autumnal.
I'm dog sitting this weekend while my sister's away.
Fudge is almost 14 and sleeps a lot these days. She can't walk far now and when I tried to take her for a stroll we didn't make it to the end of the street before she wanted to come back! But she certainly has a good appetite and is practically able to talk to let you know what she wants! She used to be scared of Lola and would run upstairs if she saw him. She hasn't seen him yet as they've not been out in the garden at the same time - I wonder if she'll do the same or be more of a dignified old lady and ignore him this time.

Hope everyone is having a good Friday and looking forward to the weekend.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Good evening/afternoon fellow CDRers
It's been pretty quiet in this week ?

We've had a wettish cooler day again - feeling more autumnal.
I'm dog sitting this weekend while my sister's away.
Fudge is almost 14 and sleeps a lot these days. She can't walk far now and when I tried to take her for a stroll we didn't make it to the end of the street before she wanted to come back! But she certainly has a good appetite and is practically able to talk to let you know what she wants! She used to be scared of Lola and would run upstairs if she saw him. She hasn't seen him yet as they've not been out in the garden at the same time - I wonder if she'll do the same or be more of a dignified old lady and ignore him this time.

Hope everyone is having a good Friday and looking forward to the weekend.
I saw fall colors in a few trees already. It's pretty but.... it means winter is on it's way. ?Fudge sounds kind of tortoise like now so hopefully all of you can enjoy an afternoon in the garden together. Plus she's seen Lola and won't be so freaked out by a walking rock ?

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good morning all, grey cool and damp here at the moment.
Her ladyship - Fudge - woke me 3 times during the night!
Once to be lifted down for water, then to be let out in the garden and the third time, I came down she just rolled over and wanted a tummy tickle. I'm happy to do that for her most of the time but at 5 am it's a bit much. I ended up spending the rest of the night on the sofa. She's very demanding these days and my sister and her hubby are happy to indulge her now because they know she's an old lady. It's worse than having a baby here!
I've not much planned today except for a short walk with Fudge and maybe a nap to catch up on my sleep.
Hope you have a good Saturday in your corner.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Another pretty perfect weather day. A few days back, I jumped on our John Deere riding mower to give our lawn a quick cut. Turned the starter….and clackety clack, clackety clack. No start. ?‍♂️ Gas was good, battery charged - must be something electrical. Off to YouTube for “research”. We thought it was the solenoid…..ordered one. It arrived. Deinstalled & replaced - darn. Same clackety clack.

More trouble shooting, more YouTube - it sounded & looked like maybe the starter ratchet was stuck in the up position or dead. We rotated the flywheel. which i think disengaged the starter ratchet. And viola - all good & lawn cut. (Still might replace the starter, maybe it’s going bad).

This morning - I installed a brand new super fine Aluminum Oxide grinding wheel on my grinder. I should now be able to get our tools much sharper.

20% Aquarium water change in our aquariums too. I’m on a roll.

? - 9/11

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
OMG, Ray! Did you know before that you were allergic to them?
No I have been bi many times. The next day it came to a head. So Rose popped it and rub with triple antibiotic ointment. The next 2 days it started spreading. It is looking better today but not by much. I have my regular doctor appointment wed. If it doesn't get any worse. I will wait until then

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Another pretty perfect weather day. A few days back, I jumped on our John Deere riding mower to give our lawn a quick cut. Turned the starter….and clackety clack, clackety clack. No start. ?‍♂️ Gas was good, battery charged - must be something electrical. Off to YouTube for “research”. We thought it was the solenoid…..ordered one. It arrived. Deinstalled & replaced - darn. Same clackety clack.

More trouble shooting, more YouTube - it sounded & looked like maybe the starter ratchet was stuck in the up position or dead. We rotated the flywheel. which i think disengaged the starter ratchet. And viola - all good & lawn cut. (Still might replace the starter, maybe it’s going bad).

This morning - I installed a brand new super fine Aluminum Oxide grinding wheel on my grinder. I should now be able to get our tools much sharper.

20% Aquarium water change in our aquariums too. I’m on a roll.

? - 9/11
It is super easy to rebuild if you can find the rebuilding kit

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
No I have been bi many times. The next day it came to a head. So Rose popped it and rub with triple antibiotic ointment. The next 2 days it started spreading. It is looking better today but not by much. I have my regular doctor appointment wed. If it doesn't get any worse. I will wait until then
Oh my. I saw your post about this a few days ago and didn't say anything. What is Rose saying about it???

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Remember happy wife happy life ??
Rose is doing good. Over 2 years ago. I booked a 10 day stay at a resort in Kissimmee. I went for a few days. Then Rose drove Nanay and myself back to Palm Bay. See had 4 girlfriends showing up. So they are having fun at Disney and Universal and Epcot.
So hopefully see is happy!?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Rose is doing good. Over 2 years ago. I booked a 10 day stay at a resort in Kissimmee. I went for a few days. Then Rose drove Nanay and myself back to Palm Bay. See had 4 girlfriends showing up. So they are having fun at Disney and Universal and Epcot.
So hopefully see is happy!?
Ok ur outta trouble for now ? I wondered why you hadn't been tied and gagged and rushed to the hospital by now.?

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Ok ur outta trouble for now ? I wondered why you hadn't been tied and gagged and rushed to the hospital by now.?
Yeah we battled over me going to the hospital. (well not battling)?
But she is having fun with her friends.
In October she will be going to Iceland. To see the northern lights with her friends.