Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
El Sobrante, CA.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good morning all.
It's a soggy start to the week here with Storm Barra heading our way tomorrow, so more 40+mph winds to batter us.
I have more supplies for Lola on the way today, so more waiting around. I wish he could sign for his own parcels!!:)
Anyway better go and make myself useful.
Have a good Monday!

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
So, @Maro2Bear, how long did it take to get to this point? Hogging out the center probably goes relatively quick, but getting the fine turning takes longer?

Not too long really. I work on projects like this in between doing many other things & if it’s nasty rainy or too cold to be outside gardening or kayaking or shopping. There’s never a rush to finish.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA

MenagerieGrl

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
El Sobrante, CA.
Good day to you all, have a good Monday!View attachment 337095
Either that is a BIG yawn, or I'm looking for a finger!
Reminds me of my Late Gigantor who passed away last year bout this time, He would stick his head up and that lil tongue would be twitching just trying to get close to a finger. And Dang they bite hard!

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Either that is a BIG yawn, or I'm looking for a finger!
Reminds me of my Late Gigantor who passed away last year bout this time, He would stick his head up and that lil tongue would be twitching just trying to get close to a finger. And Dang they bite hard!
Opo has bit me twice when I was hand feeding cactus. Drew blood once. Ouch it hurts.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Opo has bit me twice when I was hand feeding cactus. Drew blood once. Ouch it hurts.
The two of you are lucky. You can blame it on food. When Sapphire tried to chomp on me it was me he was after. No food involved.?He wasn't even mad or being stressed. I was just sitting on the ground with him. I was watching his every move though and moved my leg just as he was about to strike. I do have chicken legs like my old boss used to say but Sapphire's a vegan. I've never figured that one out unless he likes my herbal cosmetic scents ?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster