COLD DARK ROOM

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Palm Bay Fl
WOW Ray ??, you folks did an Awesome Job! Looks beautiful??
The years before we didn't have lights on the roof line. Rose found these clips that you attach to a extension pole attach the clip to the light. Then the clip either slides under the shingle or clips to the gutter. No ladder or getting on the roof. ?

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
I think all my parcels have arrived now.
Lola's massive opuntia pad came today - bigger than him - so he has really enjoyed some slices of that while he was in his long soak.
I'm off to bed for an early night now so I'll bod you all Nos Da and see you tomorrow.
Take care

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Got a good deal at Lowe's today. Went there to get the PVC expanded board for Opo's new night box. I couldn't locate but in the window section. There were two 4'×8' 1/2" PVC board on a cart. Asked the salesmen where to locate. He said we don't sell the 4'x8' sheets here. Someone returned to that store and he doesn't have anywhere to put it. He asked if I wanted, he would give me a good price. One sheet was 75.00,so he gave both of them for 75 .00. I said I would be back with a truck to pick up. He asked what size cuts I want, he will do it. I asked you guys wont cut nothing but wood. He said I don't care,,I will cut it. So even though the night box will be a little pricey. I got a break on some of it.?

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Heads under wings
Beaks under blankets
Goodnight!!

You better batten the hatches down double tonight…

➡️➡️➡️ Concern tomorrow not just for severe wind but also significant wave heights with hurricane-force winds whipping up a 30 to 40 foot swell towards south and west Ireland and later south-west England.

Wave overtopping and coastal flooding at high tide seems likely. #StormBarra

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Got a good deal at Lowe's today. Went there to get the PVC expanded board for Opo's new night box. I couldn't locate but in the window section. There were two 4'×8' 1/2" PVC board on a cart. Asked the salesmen where to locate. He said we don't sell the 4'x8' sheets here. Someone returned to that store and he doesn't have anywhere to put it. He asked if I wanted, he would give me a good price. One sheet was 75.00,so he gave both of them for 75 .00. I said I would be back with a truck to pick up. He asked what size cuts I want, he will do it. I asked you guys wont cut nothing but wood. He said I don't care,,I will cut it. So even though the night box will be a little pricey. I got a break on some of it.?

Always nice when a salesperson goes above & beyond. ??

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
The years before we didn't have lights on the roof line. Rose found these clips that you attach to a extension pole attach the clip to the light. Then the clip either slides under the shingle or clips to the gutter. No ladder or getting on the roof. ?
I have to say my favorite is Santa lounging on his candy cane pool tube in his green suit and sandels. It just goes to show you in some parts of the planet warm weather is better than hot chocolate and cookies... while delivering all those presents ??️?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
The other Lowe's is a bigger store, so they carry more. I will be able to get the rest of the material there. I am glad I stopped at the smaller store today.
Lowe's has done that kinda stuff for me also. They actually gave me some of exactly what I needed. It was the thin almost plywood like finished sheets that are under tiles when they are shipped in. I went there to spend some money but got it for free. They say they charge for every cut also but have never charged me and I would willingly pay it for the work it saves me. Even the charge for cutting wood isn't that high in the first place.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Lowe's has done that kinda stuff for me also. They actually gave me some of exactly what I needed. It was the thin almost plywood like finished sheets that are under tiles when they are shipped in. I went there to spend some money but got it for free. They say they charge for every cut also but have never charged me and I would willingly pay it for the work it saves me. Even the charge for cutting wood isn't that high in the first place.
I think when they cut a 4'×8' piece of plywood. It is 1 dollar a cut. But it has been years since they charged me. Maybe they quit charging.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
This morning at 5am it was 61°f. I even had to crack a window to breathe. Now at 7:30pm it's 29°f. The wind has been blowing all day which I hate. Of course with my luck, Joe has an eye doctor appointment tomorrow. So I'll have to get out on the coldest day of the year so far. Maybe we'll have snow also but we'll see. In Ohio just wait 5 minutes and the weather may change for the better.?

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good morning all from a very wet and windy Wales.
Storm Barra's winds are really picking up but looks like the strongest will arrive in the early hours of the tomorrow morning. They always seem worse at night! :eek:
I have to go to the shop for Lola's supplies but I'd much rather stay indoors in this weather.
Have a good Tuesday !

MenagerieGrl

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
El Sobrante, CA.
The two of you are lucky. You can blame it on food. When Sapphire tried to chomp on me it was me he was after. No food involved.?He wasn't even mad or being stressed. I was just sitting on the ground with him. I was watching his every move though and moved my leg just as he was about to strike. I do have chicken legs like my old boss used to say but Sapphire's a vegan. I've never figured that one out unless he likes my herbal cosmetic scents ?
Oh, it wasn't food he was going for, Gigantor was a vegan too, but if I was doing ANYTHING to his pen, he would come "running" (I use the term lightly??) with his head UP, mouth open and that lil tongue twitching. . . he was a Lil Bugger! Miss him, even the mouth.?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Oh, it wasn't food he was going for, Gigantor was a vegan too, but if I was doing ANYTHING to his pen, he would come "running" (I use the term lightly??) with his head UP, mouth open and that lil tongue twitching. . . he was a Lil Bugger! Miss him, even the mouth.?
Well then you should've stopped messing around with his pen ???? my house bunny can be just about as bad. Sapphire isn't too keen on that either and checks every change. You could try waiting till they're not looking since they can't hear. The problem with deaf critters though is they have eyes in the back of their heads ? sorry you had to lose him. They are a real joy in your life. Almost like losing a child. I don't know if it's because they live so long or because they crawl like a baby. Therefore kinda helpless. I've never figured out why I have such a deep love for tortoises but I do.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Lola charges across to me if I am in his room and then tries to barge me out of it!
Visitors definitely not welcome unless bearing gifts of food!:)
Lola only goes for my fingers if he can sell food on them, I've had a few near missed while feeding him slithers of opuntia.