COLD DARK ROOM

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
We ran quick errands this morning & when we returned I remembered I had an old “electro-stimulator” device kicking about. It’s good for relieving pain but also good for deep muscle massage. Felt good on my thigh muscles.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
We ran quick errands this morning & when we returned I remembered I had an old “electro-stimulator” device kicking about. It’s good for relieving pain but also good for deep muscle massage. Felt good on my thigh muscles.

The website is not to user friendly for me. I guess I will give them a call. Maybe they don't offer anymore. I have so many gadgets to try to relieve my pains. This might be the one.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
The website is not to user friendly for me. I guess I will give them a call. Maybe they don't offer anymore. I have so many gadgets to try to relieve my pains. This might be the one.

Yeah, a lot are gadgets. The interesting thing is when hooked up, you can watch your muscles contract & expand per the electric stimulus and you can really feel it.

This is it here.. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00456RSXW/?tag=exoticpetnetw-20

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Mine too, the trail of devastation is unbelievable, 200 miles across 6 states I think they said!?
The pictures and films they've shown of all the wrecked homes are heart breaking.
I'm so pleased your brother is OK.
But, my sister in law of another brother that helps me go to the grocery store every week has come down with covid. Everyone else in the household has already had it and got over it easily. She was the one I really kinda worried about though and I think her symptoms are being harder on her. She does have the loss of taste and tiredness etc that the others didn't have. Well all I can do is pray and maybe drop off some stuff she might like to drink or eat while she's recovering.?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
A nice sunny, but cold day here. Can’t complain though, it’s almost 50F and mid-December. ????
It was beautiful here also. It felt like spring. I had to open the car window on my way home from the grocery store and let the fresh air cool me off. That's unheard of for me. I'm usually freezing when it's under 78°f.?

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
But, my sister in law of another brother that helps me go to the grocery store every week has come down with covid. Everyone else in the household has already had it and got over it easily. She was the one I really kinda worried about though and I think her symptoms are being harder on her. She does have the loss of taste and tiredness etc that the others didn't have. Well all I can do is pray and maybe drop off some stuff she might like to drink or eat while she's recovering.?
I hope she makes a good recovery and make sure you're masked and stay safe yourself when you visit Cathie.

Quite a few of my nephews and nieces have had it but I don't think the young people are as careful as they should be and some of them won't even have the vaccination. They think they won't get it - until they do. That's not just youngsters though one of my older cousins reluctantly had the first 2 jabs but is refusing to have the booster now and thinks the government is scaremongering about the new variant to take the heat off our plonker of a PM who is in trouble for allegedly breaking covid rules that he set. Nobody really knows how it will all pan out but Omicron is spreading much more quickly than other variants.:( Has it reached the US yet?

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK

I have one of those that belonged to my sister and I find it does help when I get the aching in my knee.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
I hope she makes a good recovery and make sure you're masked and stay safe yourself when you visit Cathie.

Quite a few of my nephews and nieces have had it but I don't think the young people are as careful as they should be and some of them won't even have the vaccination. They think they won't get it - until they do. That's not just youngsters though one of my older cousins reluctantly had the first 2 jabs but is refusing to have the booster now and thinks the government is scaremongering about the new variant to take the heat off our plonker of a PM who is in trouble for allegedly breaking covid rules that he set. Nobody really knows how it will all pan out but Omicron is spreading much more quickly than other variants.:( Has it reached the US yet?

Yes, plenty of Omicron here as well. ?

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good afternoon/evening all (gone 11 pm here)
It's been a milder day but low clouds have meant it was dampish.
I made a start on some Xmas shopping and dropped some old blankets off to an animal sanctuary.
I didn't get to see any of the animals because they are restricting visitors - just as well - I may have come home with a donkey or something!:)

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
A good day for the final update on “Project Pine Bowl”. Given this was my first attempt at a totally glued up bowl, it turned out pretty well. I was going to stain it Cherry or Walnut, but just went with the natural look, especially since the grain patterns looked so interesting.

Soon time for updates on my newest, still not-finished project, with a Christmas theme. Surgery slowed progress on this one. ?

One Final Pix on the Lathe
View attachment 337395

A Collage of the Steps
View attachment 337394
Maybe your next bowl may be from an Oregon fir tree....

Attachments

• 1639418380506.png
    1639418380506.png
    18 KB · Views: 1

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster

Yes omicron is in Ohio. I'm not so sure that it originated in Africa and then spread though. It might just be a natural progression of the virus as it spreads amongst us. My sister in law is one of those that won't get vaccinated but I've tried to be as careful as I can anyway. I won't be stepping inside her house. But my family and I have been doing a thing where if anyone is feeling bad in the household we try to help but will put things on the porch or in the mailbox. The real problem is people don't know at first that they have it. There's a period of time that you don't know and maybe capable of spreading it. It just pays to try and be safe when you're in public and with family and friends. By doing that you are doing what little you can to keep them safe also.?

Jan A

Boulder, CO

Yes the variant has hit the U.S. hard. We saw the first death from the variant a couple of days ago. What's not being accurately reported is the # of deaths of vaccine recipients from the vaccine. Or that the vaccines do not prevent the vaccinated from coming down with the variant.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Yes the variant has hit the U.S. hard. We saw the first death from the variant a couple of days ago. What's not being accurately reported is the # of deaths of vaccine recipients from the vaccine. Or that the vaccines do not prevent the vaccinated from coming down with the variant.
Yes. I didn't see any news of the new variant causing a death. With all the gloom and doom reporting they seem to have glossed over that fact. Only that they don't know much about it yet. I've had COVID and I'm vaccinated but I still don't trust that I can't give it to someone I love if I come down with a "mild case" of it. Or even the delta variant. I have seen that they finally are admitting that vaccinated can still get it. But who wouldn't know that and if they get it they are infectious to others. So stay home if you don't feel well. But again there's that weird period of time when you don't understand that you may be infectious and try to keep carrying on. My sister in law has been living with 3 different people unvaccinated over this whole year that tested positive (at different times) and has just now came down with it herself finally. I'm wondering and hoping that she built up some antibodies just by being exposed so many times and will not wind up with ? a bad case.?

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Heavy fog this morning as our weather pattern makes one last gasp to hold onto Summer. A warm front is pushing in & temps forecast for the 80s for Thursday & Friday. Took advantage of the cool early morning and got another Poplar tree fully pruned.

Spent a fair amount of time today cleaning up & prepping our Sullys indoor/Winter area. Much easier this year, the nightbox is waiting with two ceiling mounted radiant heat panels. I just need to move the Kane heat mat (and thermostat) from the outdoor nightbox to the indoor one. Lights are all hooked up on timers, water & food bowl cleaned.

Soooo, i think the big Sully move will be Saturday. Fingers crossed.
Maro2bear!!!!
Could you please post lots of pictures of this indoor oasis???
I am dying to see if I did mine right???
I can’t seem to place the Kane mat and the radiant panel just yet. I was looking for ideas on how to set them up inside…
Thanks!!!
Chef-