COLD DARK ROOM

Lyn W

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
UK
Good morning all, there's quite a bright start to the day here. We could do with some good rainfall but nothing but a few scattered showers is forecast for a while.
I've done most of the housework and I'm now off to look for a stack of dandelions for Lola and a quick visit to the shops.
Have a good Monday and TTFN

MenagerieGrl

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
El Sobrante, CA.
Confession time-I am also on the Tarantula Forum and have now added two. They are very neat to observe and feed!
Beautiful creatures, I love watching them. In the hills around My. Diablo in SF Bay Area they roam the areas, so it's not uncommon to see them wandering across a warm road bed.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Confession time-I am also on the Tarantula Forum and have now added two. They are very neat to observe and feed!
I'm glad we don't have them that big roaming in the UK.
When I was looking for something in my shed the other day I pulled put an old waterproof coat and found 2 of a species that I'd never seen before on it. I looked them up and I think they are false widows. I put them back.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
It's so strange to hear you talk about the onset of fall when we're talking about spring here in the States. We finally had a day with not much wind in Oklahoma when it's been 2 solid weeks "of they're blowing the air out of Kleenex at the factory" (a late 50's or early 60's ad on tv about how soft Kleenex was when they took the "air" out of the tissue). It's been warm so unless you're trying to go boating, it's ok once you batten down the hatches.

Houdini's like "did you order this wind...I can feel my nasal hairs parting & I don't have nasal hairs."

I'm 50% Danish, LG, but I'm short. Poor puppy. A couple of towels warmed in the dryer for 3 or so minutes are great for puppy dogs & torts, no matter what.
That is such a good idea for animals in general. 😁I use it a lot on myself. When I go in for testing at the hospital they always use 2 or 3 on me and then everyone else says 😂 "got any for me!?" Then they have their work cut out for them. Everyone in the waiting area gets a nice warm blanky. 😊

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I was surprised. It was really nice and Sapphire got to go outside again today. He was looking at me this morning wondering. It was supposed to turn colder again by noon or later. Now it's 4ish and only dropped to 77°f. He got several hours of pure fresh air and sunshine 🌞

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I only have wild caught spiders living in my house. It freaks people out cause I won't let them kill them 😂 but hay they are the best fly hunters 🤗

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey

I said it once before and I’ll say it once AGAIN…..

YOUR POOR WIFE!!!!!!!!! 😱😱😱

You would be sleeping in the garage if that were me!!!!!
And your tarantulas WOULD BE COUNTED and sleeping with YOU in THE GARAGE each night! 🤭😬

MenagerieGrl

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
El Sobrante, CA.
Ya, Over the weekend a neighbor had called, she was mowing the front lawn, and saw a snake . . . Marsha, come get this snake.... Was a 18" Garder Snake, brought it home and released in my front yard. No harm, no foul. Years ago I caught a Rattle Snake in my front yard, Hooked it and dropped it a 5 gal bucket W/A lid, took it to a wild life area near my home. . . to live another day.

Thomas tortoise

Arkansas
I said it once before and I’ll say it once AGAIN…..

YOUR POOR WIFE!!!!!!!!! 😱😱😱

You would be sleeping in the garage if that were me!!!!!
And your tarantulas WOULD BE COUNTED and sleeping with YOU in THE GARAGE each night! 🤭😬
I dont get it. My parents allow us to have tarantulas but not snakes. I mean come on. Tarantulas are worse than (small) snakes.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good morning all. Bright spring weather here again.
Lola spent longer outside than indoors yesterday, but he still likes to wander back to his hide occasionally - to check its still there and he hasn't been evicted I think!
Lots to do today so I'd better get started and Il see you later
Have a good Tuesday!!

Thomas tortoise

Arkansas
Good morning all. Bright spring weather here again.
Lola spent longer outside than indoors yesterday, but he still likes to wander back to his hide occasionally - to check its still there and he hasn't been evicted I think!
Lots to do today so I'd better get started and Il see you later
Have a good Tuesday!!
Uggg. Well enjoy your Tuesday. I got work today....

MenagerieGrl

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
El Sobrante, CA.
Overcast here this morning, but sun to come out in a hour or two, then mid 70's today.
A Typical Tuesday Morning . . a couple of hours of Bird Cage cleaning...it takes longer because my Feathered kids 🦜 always want to "help" arg.....
Hope everyone has a great day.
BTW, My Seymour :tort: wandered the yard yesterday for several hours, and returned to hopefully is a new "Hide" for him. It Makes it easy to find him at the end of the day...Take care, All!

Thomas tortoise

Arkansas
Overcast here this morning, but sun to come out in a hour or two, then mid 70's today.
A Typical Tuesday Morning . . a couple of hours of Bird Cage cleaning...it takes longer because my Feathered kids 🦜 always want to "help" arg.....
And thats why I dont have pet birds... its around 51 F. Right now. But its suppose to get up to around 65-75. F.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
BTW, My Seymour :tort: wandered the yard yesterday for several hours, and returned to hopefully is a new "Hide" for him. It Makes it easy to find him at the end of the day...Take care, All!
😁😁😁 My little zebra finches start going to their nests as soon as I start (I guess it's spring cleaning time) and all these little strips of paper start floating to the floor of the cage. I no sooner think I'm done sweeping then I gotta sweep again. They have great fun lining their nests with clean paper. They tear it in long strips and line their nests with it. I'm surprised at the length of the strips those tiny little birds can manage to get situated into their nests. They're so cute 🥰