COLD DARK ROOM

MenagerieGrl

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
El Sobrante, CA.
Just seems very odd to me that there isnt one “handy man” in the area who could use the already provided “snow rake” & give it all a good cleaning.

I have & use a fiberglass extension pole pruner that goes up 20 plus ft. and it’s pretty easy to use. In this case at Yvonne’s the weight of the pole rests on the roof, so it just needs to be scrubbed up & down.

Is it a lazy thing? No one wants to take on a job? A California thing? What?
California thing. . .No!, I don't think so.
Where I live in the SF Bay Area, I personally know several folks that would love to take this same job if it were here locally.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
California thing. . .No!, I don't think so.
Where I live in the SF Bay Area, I personally know several folks that would love to take this same job if it were here locally.

Thats what I thought. Yvonne just hasnt found the right person to tackle the job.

Maybe we need to start a new thread in TFO.

ISO of Handyman !

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Hot and hotter pretty much all day. A quick shopping trip & some gardening & watering.

We cut up a few sections of Eastern Red Cedar from a nice log we picked up last week following our big storm. We’re hoping to get a few nice bowls from our roadside collection.

How Our Logs Start

420FDF7A-3692-49E5-9B35-DA9C81D0ECFD.jpeg

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Good evenooning all.

i just had to share this Instagram post from the rescue where I volunteer. We had a most unexpected visitor. Now I am no fan of Mr Depp, nor his ex wife for that matter, but it’s still extraordinary to have someone like him turn up at our little wildlife hospital!
66420E21-C700-4E96-BE17-E7E08D04D5C9.jpeg

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good evenooning all.

i just had to share this Instagram post from the rescue where I volunteer. We had a most unexpected visitor. Now I am no fan of Mr Depp, nor his ex wife for that matter, but it’s still extraordinary to have someone like him turn up at our little wildlife hospital!
View attachment 345495
I'm more impressed that Jeff Beck is your patron! Hi Ho Silver Lining!!
Maybe JD wants to spend time with animals to build up some Heard immunity!!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good morning all.
I've had a few issues with posting on TFO this week, not sure why but all seems to be resolved now.

We are in the middle of our 70 year Platinum Jubilee celebrations for HRH....lots of pomp and ceremony in London as you can imagine. Last night beacons were lit around the country. Yesterday we had the trooping of the colour, and this morning a service at St Paul's neither of which were/are attended by the Queen - at 96 she suffers with mobility issues so delegates a lot to Prince Charles now. We did see her on the balcony of Buckingham Palace though for the fly past.
1654252634831.png
Yesterday and today are bank holidays - the usual spring bank holiday Monday was moved this year so that with the extra Jubilee BH it means that some people can have a 4 day weekend - apparently the pubs are doing well 🍻

Weather wise it's been mainly dry and bright this week.
I hope you've all had a good week!

Last edited:

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Morning everyone! Have a good day!View attachment 345319
It's been a busy while over here. The butterfly in the image above is a blue pansy or an eyed pansy butterfly. Anyway have a good day!
Belated birthday wishes to you!!
I hope you had a lovely day and did something special to celebrate.

MenagerieGrl

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
El Sobrante, CA.
Good morning all.
I've had a few issues with posting on TFO this week, not sure why but all seems to be resolved now.

We are in the middle of our 70 year Platinum Jubilee celebrations for HRH....lots of pomp and ceremony in London as you can imagine. Last night beacons were lit around the country. Yesterday we had the trooping of the colour, and this morning a service at St Paul's neither of which were/are attended by the Queen - at 96 she suffers with mobility issues so delegates a lot to Prince Charles now. We did see her on the balcony of Buckingham Palace though for the fly past.
View attachment 345513
Yesterday and today are bank holidays - the usual spring bank holiday Monday was moved this year so that with the extra Jubilee BH it means that some people can have a 4 day weekend - apparently the pubs are doing well 🍻

Weather wise it's been mainly dry and bright this week.
I hope you've all had a good week!
Yes, saw it on the news here, seems like it was a wonderful start to a celebration weekend. 🎇