COLD DARK ROOM

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kent, South East England
Good afternoon/evening all,
Just finished watching the Jubilee concert outside Buck House - some spectacular moments, others not quite so good, but the crowd there enjoyed it so I bet the atmosphere made up for any shortcomings. The Queen filmed a little sketch with Paddington Bear which was quite funny but she was safely out of earshot in Windsor Castle for the evening; most of the rest of the family were there though but no sign of Harry and Megs and Andrew has been kept well out of the limelight.
Anyway hope you're all having a good weekend, time I was in bed so Nos da see you tomorrow.

This is the video of the Queen with Paddington Bear which led into the band Queen playing “We will rock you”

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Hello JoesMum,

One question…….

YOU HAVE A BABY BADGER NAMED AFTER THE GREAT FREDDIE MERCURY!?!?!?!

How FABULOUS!!!😍😍😍😍🥰🥰
(You have to read into the post to find this out)
Our badger cubs have all been named after musicians…

Freddie (Mercury)
Elton (John)
Jeff (Beck)
Dolly (Parton)
Ozzy (Osbourne)

are the ones that come to mind. We have admitted 19 cubs so far … and it’s hard to remember them all!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good evening/afternoon all.
It's pretty wet here at the moment but the heaviest of it held off until almost the end of the Jubilee celebrations in our local park.
So that's the end of our big weekend and there won't be another like that. I suppose the next royal celebrations will be for the coronation of Prince Charles - whenever that may be.
I hope you're all having a good Sunday,
I accidentally trod on my laptop last night and I think I may have damaged it. so I'd better go and make sure I save everything on it in case it gives up the ghost. See you later!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I am amazed at how many bird species I have in my garden this year - usually just sparrows, blackbirds, starlings and robins , but now I also have a pair of collard doves and woodpigeons, blue *its - who I usually only see in the winter - and for the first time ever gold finches, it's costing me a fortune in bird food!
I forgot to say when I first saw this post that if you can grow echinacea or coneflower, gold finches love the seeds.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Good evening/afternoon all.
It's pretty wet here at the moment but the heaviest of it held off until almost the end of the Jubilee celebrations in our local park.
So that's the end of our big weekend and there won't be another like that. I suppose the next royal celebrations will be for the coronation of Prince Charles - whenever that may be.
I hope you're all having a good Sunday,
I accidentally trod on my laptop last night and I think I may have damaged it. so I'd better go and make sure I save everything on it in case it gives up the ghost. See you later!
I'll get sprinkles of the parties for days on my news station. They are in love. This morning they were highlighting neighborhood get together parties 🎉😊

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Congratulations to the Queen....and to our brothers/sisters across the pond! I have a lot of motorcycle-friends and former co-workers(Atkins) that still live in "The Old World"....LOL so congrats guys!

For Americans, most us don't realize that this was a pretty big deal for you guys......it's isn't like there's a 70 some yr reign every day!! She is a Beast!

jeff
(ps, was it really true about Catherine???)

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Congratulations to the Queen....and to our brothers/sisters across the pond! I have a lot of motorcycle-friends and former co-workers(Atkins) that still live in "The Old World"....LOL so congrats guys!

For Americans, most us don't realize that this was a pretty big deal for you guys......it's isn't like there's a 70 some yr reign every day!! She is a Beast!

jeff
Which particular rumour about Catherine are you referring to? The poor woman gets so much said about her that most of it just passes us by!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I've been doing a bit of leather work. Joe has to have a new phone to text thru by December because of the 5g crap. So I found one for him 😊 one of the new flips 🥰😁. I got a memorial day sale.🐢 IMG_20220606_160332828.jpgThis little cover will keep the phone and apparatus clean while it's in his pocket believe it or not leather work is downright hard work. I'll have to hammer the stitches to make them behave with a mallet next.😊

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster

jeff
Catherine who 😉

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Which particular rumour about Catherine are you referring to? The poor woman gets so much said about her that most of it just passes us by!
Are we talking about Kate? I've not heard any rumours 🤷‍♀️
But Boris Houdini Johnson has taken up all the news since Sunday.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good morning/afternoon all,
Not a bad day here today - overcast but warm.
Lola is exploring his outside enclosure and grazing on the clover but popping in occasionally to keep an eye on me.
I hope you're all having a good Tuesday.
TTFN

Thomas tortoise

Arkansas
Hello everyone and good afternoon! Update on baby mule: growing great and is really tame. We found out he sounds like a horse and not a donkey. (Thankfully😂) update on tortoises: Mercedes is growing like crazy last time I weighed him which was a month ago he was nearly a pound!. Emerelda is starting to grow much bigger so is wisteria. And now get ready for the big surprise! My brother and I decided to rescue a beautiful male three toed box turtle from Craigslist. We don't know if we are keeping him forever yet but I sure want to! He is so tame and he is eating great! We don't know his age but I am guessing 4-6 years old.sorry pic.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Are we talking about Kate? I've not heard any rumours 🤷‍♀️
But Boris Houdini Johnson has taken up all the news since Sunday.
Yes they were talking about all that today over our news and speculating 😅 but at least they were still showing the neighborhood Jubilee parties too.😊 I've enjoyed those even though I wasn't there. Sapphire had a good day out too. Even though it was overcast with rain clouds he got some good sun. He didn't go hiding for the entire time. It was easy to find him for once 😁

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Hello everyone and good afternoon! Update on baby mule: growing great and is really tame. We found out he sounds like a horse and not a donkey. (Thankfully😂) update on tortoises: Mercedes is growing like crazy last time I weighed him which was a month ago he was nearly a pound!. Emerelda is starting to grow much bigger so is wisteria. And now get ready for the big surprise! My brother and I decided to rescue a beautiful male three toed box turtle from Craigslist. We don't know if we are keeping him forever yet but I sure want to! He is so tame and he is eating great! We don't know his age but I am guessing 4-6 years old.sorry pic.
I really enjoyed Daisy May even though I really didn't want a box turtle. She had such a sweet personality. I would have kept her if I had enough room even though I didn't want an animal with their diet. Box turtles make it easy to fall in love with them.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Soon some rain, but this morning it was nice. I popped over to my local river.

View attachment 345687
Like many here no doubt, I love seeing the places you guys go in your kayaks. We always love seeing folks who really value what we have here.

We didn't have kayaks as kids, we had canoes. I loved the instant freedom of a kayak but try as I did, I could never get the right angle for stroking a kayak comfortably. Kerry and I have gone up on the Shenandoah and I can still paddle a canoe all day but get tired quickly in the kayak her son left at her house. Weird huh? Even with the emphysema, paddling a canoe doesn't fatigue me....just one of those things I guess.

So, I found my solution if I was going to use her kayak............LMAO

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07NQRH2VC/?tag=exoticpetnetw-20
fun.jpg

No, not really....we've decided a 12' or 14' will be fine for us both....what do you think on the length? No camping, just playing on the water. I even looked at the inflatables and foldables.....but a canoe will work well for us as long as she doesn't dog it on the loading and loading on the roof! LOL

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
Like many here no doubt, I love seeing the places you guys go in your kayaks. We always love seeing folks who really value what we have here.

We didn't have kayaks as kids, we had canoes. I loved the instant freedom of a kayak but try as I did, I could never get the right angle for stroking a kayak comfortably. Kerry and I have gone up on the Shenandoah and I can still paddle a canoe all day but get tired quickly in the kayak her son left at her house. Weird huh? Even with the emphysema, paddling a canoe doesn't fatigue me....just one of those things I guess.

So, I found my solution if I was going to use her kayak............LMAO

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07NQRH2VC/?tag=exoticpetnetw-20
View attachment 345790

No, not really....we've decided a 12' or 14' will be fine for us both....what do you think on the length? No camping, just playing on the water. I even looked at the inflatables and foldables.....but a canoe will work well for us as long as she doesn't dog it on the loading and loading on the roof! LOL
Add this for easier loading of your canoe!
Dolibest Kayak Roller, Boat Roller Loader with Heavy-Duty Suction Cups, Kayak Loader Assist System for Mounting Kayaks and Canoes to Car Tops https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09NM36YMD/?tag=exoticpetnetw-20

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Someone keeps trying to access my Facebook account that I wouldn't touch with a 10' fishing pole 😁 and haven't for years. It's ridiculous. This is the second day they've tried. They tried last week and now today. Sending me a code by text twice both days.😝 Third time will lock it which is fine with me but they never go that far.😉🤔if I could report them from my text app I would.