COLD DARK ROOM

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
If I grow tomato plants in flower pots. They do good, also I was told to water with a dripper hose. So I don't get water on the fruits or leaves.
That's probably how I should try it if I try it again. In a pot. And just place that in a good spot. I'd really like to have some homegrown tomatoes 🍅 there's nothing like them.yum

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Someone's trying to fool me. I have an email that says it's from tortoise forum. I'm pretty sure you don't have a newsletter here.👀😉💪😁

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
That's probably how I should try it if I try it again. In a pot. And just place that in a good spot. I'd really like to have some homegrown tomatoes 🍅 there's nothing like them.yum
You are right, it is a crime for grocery stores to sell what they call a tomato.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Is it the email with current threads, on different topics members have posted?
No it was replies from a thread on TFO and the person might have been confused about how to talk about it. I checked it out. I was alarmed because the email said tortoise forum but was a private poster. That's how I get on here. Through my email. I had to check.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
No it was replies from a thread on TFO and the person might have been confused about how to talk about it. I checked it out. I was alarmed because the email said tortoise forum but was a private poster. That's how I get on here. Through my email. I had to check.
I have to also say it was an email sent to me from a person that claimed to be tortoise forum newsletter. They also had several posts from tortoise forum included in the email. But it wasn't TFO. I'm still hoping the person was confused.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Ok I admit this is a fish story about the picture that got away. It was rainy here too so I didn't put my camera out and fire it up. The dainty little hummingbird buzzed in and out off and on all day. After the rain cleared up, the little darling hummingbird danced around the feeder again. The picture window magnifies what I get to see 😉😁 so I ended up getting to see a hummingbird take a poo 💩🥴😁 I promise that's a true story 🤗

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Ms Cathie,

You are beginning to cause me some concern.....LOL Good to see all are well here, specially Rose since she was rebuilt recently.
Ridiculous huh 🤣 but I did get to see that 😅 and they look dainty then too 🤣🤣🤣they just poo in midair and don't get their feeder dirty 😁🤗

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Hi guys,

Matilda asked me to post this after reading recent comments, she's rather proud!

View attachment 358343
Is Matilda a boy or girl? I had a little girl with red eyes but that's supposed to be how you know you have a boy. I'm just curious how many times little girls have red eyes. Or if something else decides the eye color entirely.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
My son and his new girl friend just left. They brought over breakfast and I got to meet her. She makes him better, nicer...a good sign. It really made me feel good though b/c I wasn't able to be reached on Fathers Day.

I sure am glad I plugged in a 3-day weekend after getting home. Jeffrey is a little sore......LMAO......but there's also the letdown of Kerry going home, having to unpack and put the toys & suitcases away. Blahhh

One thing I learned from my new crazy Albanian friend Dashi, I packed WAY to much stuff! He and Arietta did 7 days with 2 carry on's!

I could have done this trip with a couple of carryon's too, including the toys if we had left the fins at home...instead I filled the big suitcase, the King Kong sized one, with 55 pounds full of apparently, unworn clothes, 3 hats that I didn't wear, a sewing kit(?), First aid kit, 7 kinds of sunscreen that I'm putting away...LOL! The Southwest folks gave me the 5lbs over on the way down and the 9 over coming back b/c I forgot and packed Kerry's subnado in my bag.

Kerry has sunshine 50 miles away but it's still dreary, grey and rainy today....blahhhhh

LOL

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Rain rain rain. We’ve moved along from our almost drought to daily rain… 😩
Enjoy it! We had a little rain during a couple of nights this past week but I think it evaporated before it hit the ground. The thunderstorms didn't appear in my area and it's really dry here. I would love to have your weather for a while. Maybe it will find its way across the pond to us eventually.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
My son and his new girl friend just left. They brought over breakfast and I got to meet her. She makes him better, nicer...a good sign. It really made me feel good though b/c I wasn't able to be reached on Fathers Day.

I sure am glad I plugged in a 3-day weekend after getting home. Jeffrey is a little sore......LMAO......but there's also the letdown of Kerry going home, having to unpack and put the toys & suitcases away. Blahhh

One thing I learned from my new crazy Albanian friend Dashi, I packed WAY to much stuff! He and Arietta did 7 days with 2 carry on's!

I could have done this trip with a couple of carryon's too, including the toys if we had left the fins at home...instead I filled the big suitcase, the King Kong sized one, with 55 pounds full of apparently, unworn clothes, 3 hats that I didn't wear, a sewing kit(?), First aid kit, 7 kinds of sunscreen that I'm putting away...LOL! The Southwest folks gave me the 5lbs over on the way down and the 9 over coming back b/c I forgot and packed Kerry's subnado in my bag.

Kerry has sunshine 50 miles away but it's still dreary, grey and rainy today....blahhhhh

LOL
Welcome home Jeff.
We're all guilty of overpacking for hols. I always swore I would take less next time. My case should have been called a 'just in case' because it was always full of stuff I didn't end up using but 'might' have needed.
Lovely of your son to treat you to breakfast and introduce you to his girlfriend - maybe this one's a keeper?

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good morning/afternoon all.
Life is still quite busy. I've been to look at a couple of bungalows this week with another lined up for next week. I've been spurred on by the noise and antisocial antics of the neighbours, which really gets me down. House prices are falling now with our very high interest rates so I won't get as much as I could have last year, but it's swings and roundabouts and buying will be cheaper too.
Lola is still enjoying the sun and has realised that there's more than one sunny spot to bask in, so he's started to move to different places when he finds himself in the shade. He seems to have adopted a regular bedtime too, and takes himself into his hide by 7.30 pm most nights even though it's still light and sunny and warm outside. I don't turn his lights off until much later but he's decided 7.30 is bedtime. Funny tortoise!
I hope you're all well and having a good weekend.
TTFN