COLD DARK ROOM

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
So here in the states it looks like it's between two and three hundred dollars for a plumber to walk out of his house to go to a service job.

When I used to do it before I turned 42, I used to make $1,000 in a weekend or I wouldn't do the job. I coached 50 some little league teams of various sports and went to more rehearsals then I can remember for my children, they were more important than the money so if it wasn't going to be a lot, I didn't go.

You are lucky to have "a plumbing guy" MS Cathie.

Warren, brilliant my friend! Just brilliant....take away the excuses before he even arrives to make full benefit of the 300 investment!

Dealing with family stuff and I'm not home since yesterday morning, but my ex-wife texted and she's going to come over and take over for me tonight so I can see Kerry at my house. The girls have a party for my oldest's upcoming wedding so I'll be back here tomorrow for the day while they go.

B/c I'm on my phone& too lazy to switch threads:
Oh Yvonne...got the pic......looks more bent at 330am though! It looked like this the day they installed it.

LOL
View attachment 362593
Yes I do think I'm blessed to have found my plumbing guy. The visit took longer than the job 🤣. He got us done the day I called even though I told them I could deal with it until they could get to me. I have a siphoning hose for those types of problems. He gets 5 stars from me. The money was worth it and I can keep that bathtub for a while. At least until I find a good solution.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Yes the plumbing is very old. It's an everyday battle for me. I wipe the hair off of the little thing over the drain.when others take a bath you name it I try it. And you're right. It is that toggle. I'm surprised that in all these years it hasn't broken yet. That's why it's scary even having an auger put down through it. My problem in getting a new bathtub and fixtures is plumbers are put off by doing something like that in a National Home. They are actually built different and are on a cement slab to boot. They are a neat house but different to work on. I've only had to call on a plumber for the bathtub twice since 2007 so I think I'm doing halfway decent. I wish I could think of something to put in the little pocket between the top part of the drain and the other part that would strain even more hair out so hair can't go down the drain in the first place.
Speaking of plumbing, my son told me of something I'd never heard of before. A couple days ago they had to have some sort of tank pumped out to the tune of $200. Seems their house is lower than the sewer line in the street, so there's this 'holding' tank buried just outside the house where all the waste water goes. There's a float and an electric pump and when the tank gets so full the pump pushes the water out to the sewer line. In my mind's eye I'm picturing all the waste water out in the sewer line flowing back into my son's holding tank. I've never heard of such a situation. If the house is lower than the sewer line then the sewer line should have been buried deeper. Anybody ever hear of such a thing?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
So here in the states it looks like it's between two and three hundred dollars for a plumber to walk out of his house to go to a service job.

When I used to do it before I turned 42, I used to make $1,000 in a weekend or I wouldn't do the job. I coached 50 some little league teams of various sports and went to more rehearsals then I can remember for my children, they were more important than the money so if it wasn't going to be a lot, I didn't go.

You are lucky to have "a plumbing guy" MS Cathie.

Warren, brilliant my friend! Just brilliant....take away the excuses before he even arrives to make full benefit of the 300 investment!

Dealing with family stuff and I'm not home since yesterday morning, but my ex-wife texted and she's going to come over and take over for me tonight so I can see Kerry at my house. The girls have a party for my oldest's upcoming wedding so I'll be back here tomorrow for the day while they go.

B/c I'm on my phone& too lazy to switch threads:
Oh Yvonne...got the pic......looks more bent at 330am though! It looked like this the day they installed it.

LOL
View attachment 362593
. . . and two anchors on the right side pulling it over more!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Speaking of plumbing, my son told me of something I'd never heard of before. A couple days ago they had to have some sort of tank pumped out to the tune of $200. Seems their house is lower than the sewer line in the street, so there's this 'holding' tank buried just outside the house where all the waste water goes. There's a float and an electric pump and when the tank gets so full the pump pushes the water out to the sewer line. In my mind's eye I'm picturing all the waste water out in the sewer line flowing back into my son's holding tank. I've never heard of such a situation. If the house is lower than the sewer line then the sewer line should have been buried deeper. Anybody ever hear of such a thing?
I love it when my plumbers allow me to sit and watch and maybe ask a question. I haven't quite gone that far yet with my latest best plumber.😁We all have to live with plumbing so the more we know the better off we are. And the better off plumbers are. They already work themselves half to death keeping up with our dumb stuff 🤔. No I've never heard of such a thing but it'll be interesting to see something about it.🤗🙏

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth

lift pump or lift station. city sewer systems use them also

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Yes, it's called a sewage ejector pump. In commercial bldgs we use a Duplex or twin pump system for "back up"
Get it? Lol

Your son's system is also likely a Duplex system with an alarm.

I have 1 for my basement bathroom(no alarm)and also have a non- sewage pump for my clothes washer.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Looks to me like maybe a deer visited but I have no clue who did this on my sidewalk...geesh 🤔 I know it was some varmit!😉IMG_20231021_094246361.jpg

MaNaAk

Southend
Good evening everyone!

My neighbours brought me some produce from their allotment but I was wondering whether someone can tell me if the attached is a type of cucumber!

Thankyou very much

NatrahIMG20231023211545.jpg

Warren

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Balto. MD
Good evening everyone!

My neighbours brought me some produce from their allotment but I was wondering whether someone can tell me if the attached is a type of cucumber!

Thankyou very much

NatrahView attachment 362684
It might be this one, I found it on line.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231023_164351_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20231023_164351_Chrome.jpg
    366 KB · Views: 1

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Probably the visiting deer not a varmit. Looks like deer poop to me, but can't tell it's size.
I think your right and it was half inch or less. I guess I should have put a ruler beside it. I googled and it's for sure not possum 💩

Warren

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Balto. MD
I think your right and it was half inch or less. I guess I should have put a ruler beside it. I googled and it's for sure not possum 💩
Maybe it was some of Santa's reindeer, them old deer probably get constipation and have large poo 💩. LOL

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Maybe it was some of Santa's reindeer, them old deer probably get constipation and have large poo 💩. LOL
It's crazy enough having deer running around our city like they own the place... And they do. Now I have to worry it's reindeer 🦌 thanks to you 😜

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
37F on the way to work this morning. Matilda was up before I left to say "Thanks for bringing me inside, can you turn the dang light off?"

You know how some things take on new meanings for us over time as our experiences open our eyes?
Had one.....

The story of the Prodigal Son.....(the kid who blew his inheritance, then came home & dad forgave him) seems to have application far outside the original storyline. Sometimes the story is slightly varied, but it's a good story. I used to think it was a good story b/c the Dad forgave his son for being a dumbazz. I looked at that story and how the Dad fawned over him upon his return, to the dismay & astonishment of his brothers.
Life is still teaching me lessons and I realize now that maybe the best part of the story has always been the sons realization, that he needs help.

enjoy the day guys...

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Went to the Lung Dr today for the 1st time in a few years...I was assigned a new Dr in the practice as the old guy is semi-retired. The new Dr was on point. He will do a function test in the Spring to compare to the one a few year ago and again in 2000. Got me back on an inhaler...I love free samples. LOL I explained to him that I'm an old guy with pretty firm principles and I will not pay 460 bucks for an inhaler, when others do not. I simply won't engage in that game. He actually knew what meds which insurance companies cover so he worked with my Carefirst Blue cross ins and called one in. We'll see how that goes.

He also got a WatchPat test for me...a sleep test to see how bad the sleep apnea is now. I have a machine, a nice cpap machine, that gathers dust b/c I cannot do a facemask. As soon as I fall asleep, I rip them off. If they decide it's still severe, I might do the implant device but I have to do my homework first.

Enjoying my day off...........

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Went to the Lung Dr today for the 1st time in a few years...I was assigned a new Dr in the practice as the old guy is semi-retired. The new Dr was on point. He will do a function test in the Spring to compare to the one a few year ago and again in 2000. Got me back on an inhaler...I love free samples. LOL I explained to him that I'm an old guy with pretty firm principles and I will not pay 460 bucks for an inhaler, when others do not. I simply won't engage in that game. He actually knew what meds which insurance companies cover so he worked with my Carefirst Blue cross ins and called one in. We'll see how that goes.

He also got a WatchPat test for me...a sleep test to see how bad the sleep apnea is now. I have a machine, a nice cpap machine, that gathers dust b/c I cannot do a facemask. As soon as I fall asleep, I rip them off. If they decide it's still severe, I might do the implant device but I have to do my homework first.

Enjoying my day off...........
My daily inhaler is an Anoro Ellipta. The steroid version is called Trelligy. I also use a nebulizer with Albuterol (not a steroid) once a day with a low dose Mucinex. It keeps me stabilized. My insurance pays for it except for a small copay. I hope you find the right one for you. I know exactly what you're talking about when it comes to sleeping and behaving yourself 💋. I don't 😁 Once upon a time I fractured my knee cap. My doc finally told me I was allowed to sleep without my stabilizer after a few weeks. And well... I tried that yeah !!!!. But then I caught my self trying to touch my nose with my knee so nooo ! I was actually using my arms to make my knee bend enough to do the dirty deed. So that time I didn't follow doctors orders.😊