COLD DARK ROOM

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Good morning /afternoon all.
It's still very hot here and we've even had the hottest day of the year this week. Thankfully it will be back to normal soon.
Lola is still loving the sun and can't wait to get out of the door to his basking spot, while I stay in the shade and keep cool.

I see they've had an earthquake in Morocco which has killed almost 300 people so I've been thinking of Adam and Wifey. The epicentre was near Marrakech which is south west of Fez so hopefully they've not been affected too badly.
Can you let us know how you are Adam? @Tidgy's Dad

My neighbours are out in force with kids screaming, adults swearing and shouting and dogs barking - which they don't attempt to quieten. So although Lola won't appreciate being inside, for the sake of sanity, I'm taking myself out for a while.
I hope you are all enjoying the weekend so far and I'll se you later.
TTFN
I hope that you are well.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Yes Z, it has been a while...Lyn? Where are you? She has family stuff so maybe just busy.

I'm not a cooperative COPD patient Ms Cathie, that's what my Ex- Peg the nurse says.....lol. She has a point, I'm kinda angry at myself for the whole "blew my lungs out with 20 yrs of cigarettes' thing" so naturally, I try to ignore it as I ignore most stupid things I've done. My problem is that I get in over my head, once literally! I made the mistake of trying to scuba @ 75' in the early 2000's I didn't understand the effect those pressures would have on an emphysema patient but I was a real fast quick-study! FYI- things happen rather quickly once they begin, tunnel vision, bubbles, darkness, people screaming on the boat, yucky things!

I prob should have told someone that I had a breathing issue, huh? They over-reacted and I didn't. I woke when someone tried to CPR me for Gods sake....."what the heck bud, it's ok, just a little blackout, that's why I went down with others"....they asked me not to get back in and I didn't argue. LMAO today I snorkel and love it!

See? Stupid stuff......SMH ruefully.....

Here's the Breathing question of the day;
WHY?
Climbing big hills is gonna be a tough day for superman....but even the new Dr couldn't explain that after my first "get winded" while doing a task, if I rest long enough to fully recover, I can go back to that task without an issue.

Case in point; If I leave my house, walk to my shed, get the push mower out, drag it back up to the garage door in case it needs gas....I will be gasping for breath. I'm ashamed to admit it guys, but it's true. I will want to sit and rest.

Here's the kicker.....if I rest for 5-10-15 min, enough to fully recover, I can go mow 1/3 acre without running out of breath, with a 6HP push mower and a hill!

Why? This happens no matter the task, even paddling our canoe. Once winded, if I take the time to rest and recover while Kerry paddles, I usually won't get winded again or while doing things other people do without being winded.

I look at my friends and am humbled and fortunate that other than the inhaler and occasional migraine meds, I take no meds. I kinda like to keep it that way for awhile.....though I'm not particularly thrilled with the "New Body" that nature decided I needed. Gods way of putting me in my place? LOL...he sure has a sense of humor....I see it each morning in the mirror! Moobs.....Really? This is how you treat YOUR prodigal son? LOL

Enjoy the day guys......

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Has anyone spoken to Lyn?
We Email and PM sometimes. But it's been a while and I see that she's been away from the forum for close to 2 months now.
Yes I was thinking about her and wondering also.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Yes Z, it has been a while...Lyn? Where are you? She has family stuff so maybe just busy.

I'm not a cooperative COPD patient Ms Cathie, that's what my Ex- Peg the nurse says.....lol. She has a point, I'm kinda angry at myself for the whole "blew my lungs out with 20 yrs of cigarettes' thing" so naturally, I try to ignore it as I ignore most stupid things I've done. My problem is that I get in over my head, once literally! I made the mistake of trying to scuba @ 75' in the early 2000's I didn't understand the effect those pressures would have on an emphysema patient but I was a real fast quick-study! FYI- things happen rather quickly once they begin, tunnel vision, bubbles, darkness, people screaming on the boat, yucky things!

I prob should have told someone that I had a breathing issue, huh? They over-reacted and I didn't. I woke when someone tried to CPR me for Gods sake....."what the heck bud, it's ok, just a little blackout, that's why I went down with others"....they asked me not to get back in and I didn't argue. LMAO today I snorkel and love it!

See? Stupid stuff......SMH ruefully.....

Here's the Breathing question of the day;
WHY?
Climbing big hills is gonna be a tough day for superman....but even the new Dr couldn't explain that after my first "get winded" while doing a task, if I rest long enough to fully recover, I can go back to that task without an issue.

Case in point; If I leave my house, walk to my shed, get the push mower out, drag it back up to the garage door in case it needs gas....I will be gasping for breath. I'm ashamed to admit it guys, but it's true. I will want to sit and rest.

Here's the kicker.....if I rest for 5-10-15 min, enough to fully recover, I can go mow 1/3 acre without running out of breath, with a 6HP push mower and a hill!

Why? This happens no matter the task, even paddling our canoe. Once winded, if I take the time to rest and recover while Kerry paddles, I usually won't get winded again or while doing things other people do without being winded.

I look at my friends and am humbled and fortunate that other than the inhaler and occasional migraine meds, I take no meds. I kinda like to keep it that way for awhile.....though I'm not particularly thrilled with the "New Body" that nature decided I needed. Gods way of putting me in my place? LOL...he sure has a sense of humor....I see it each morning in the mirror! Moobs.....Really? This is how you treat YOUR prodigal son? LOL

Enjoy the day guys......
That's how I get by with all the I do crap too. I pace myself and try to stay my lazy active self. I have copd and emphazima. I'm only on 3 prescription meds though and I'm only 70😜. So just shut up and take ur medicine.🤗😊

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
That's how I get by with all the I do crap too. I pace myself and try to stay my lazy active self. I have copd and emphazima. I'm only on 3 prescription meds though and I'm only 70😜. So just shut up and take ur medicine.🤗😊
I take so many pills that I sound like a baby rattle walking to my truck every morning

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Right? Surprising. There's another mention of that somewhere around here.

I had a fun morning already and most of you in the US, haven't even woken up yet! LOL

Drove the 46 miles to work, arrived at 4:15. Left jacket with keys there yesterday but there is a combo lock on the rear door. When I get to work however, someone has latched the rear door with the deadbolt so even opening the lower lock, won't open the door. At least my yanking didn't set off the alarm! Yikes!

So, wait 2 hours for someone to show or come home.....guess which I selected? LOL

Kerry & I are going to a party for Halloween tomorrow evening. A costume party for grownups. Anyway, Kerry dared me so OF COURSE I took her up on it;

I'll wear mine if you wear yours"

So Wonder Woman and Superman will be going together......as the older version...

Sad, just sad.....this is a long way from where we started......so sad....

20231027_032435.jpg

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Right? Surprising. There's another mention of that somewhere around here.

I had a fun morning already and most of you in the US, haven't even woken up yet! LOL

Drove the 46 miles to work, arrived at 4:15. Left jacket with keys there yesterday but there is a combo lock on the rear door. When I get to work however, someone has latched the rear door with the deadbolt so even opening the lower lock, won't open the door. At least my yanking didn't set off the alarm! Yikes!

So, wait 2 hours for someone to show or come home.....guess which I selected? LOL

Kerry & I are going to a party for Halloween tomorrow evening. A costume party for grownups. Anyway, Kerry dared me so OF COURSE I took her up on it;

I'll wear mine if you wear yours"

So Wonder Woman and Superman will be going together......as the older version...

Sad, just sad.....this is a long way from where we started......so sad....

View attachment 362895
Good touch with the oxygen! 🤣

MaNaAk

Southend
Whilst I was posting the photo above I went back into the bathroom to find the mop bucket had moved by itself and whilst I was out the toilet brush had knocked itself over🤣🤣🤣🐢🐢🐢!

Natrah

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
If Jackie really wanted to impress us she would break the brushes out and clean the floors!

That ice cream Looks To Die For
I believe Ms Jackie has probably attempted that to her best ability and just managed to make a big beautiful mess at least from what I've seen 😁of her. And yes that ice cream picture is making me dream up a new recipe for a sundae but I'll have to wait for Sunday ( my grocery shopping day 🙁)

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Old people, having fun

IMG_1600.JPEG
See the racks on Wonder woman?
IMG_1580.JPEG

Nuts, but good fun....80F and sunny out....wow~! Nancy(Flo) always cooks the best food at their parties. Even when she was sick, we partied. Her brother(to my left in the red shirt) Vince and I are convinced that had we met in our teens or 20's......the trouble we would have gotten into, shudder to think...he's impulsive ya know. The old guy(no, the really old guy) in the green is ****, someone there's dad, around 135 years old and such an anti-social, he didn't file taxes for 25 years in the 90& and 2000's. He's a total hell raiser. In his 80's now, he's calmed.....but what a hoot to sit down and talk with for a couple hours.

Cool weekend, way to short this w/e though....and I had Fri off too! LOL

Last edited: