COLD DARK ROOM

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
All I have to remember is "Fall back, Spring ahead"

Weird things.....for instance on Wed evening I was speaking to Kerry on the phone, I am dead West of her, 50 miles, same latitude. It was dark at my house and she say's it isn't dark at hers as she is driving home from school. I thought her daft, I'm WEST of her, the sun should set later, right? We do our little back & forth "bonding" then she sends me this; (cause sometimes she has to be right LOL)

View attachment 363065

There was no red color to my sky, it was dark out.

Ah well, Kerry's coming over this evening. We will get some shoes for her this weekend. She has a dress but no shoes to go with it. Wow, 20-30 pair in the closet, nothings works huh? LOL I have only two pair of black, one is shiny patent leather the other regular. One of them will work but girls are a whole different creature with different values and needs and requirements when it comes to shoes, especially shoes! And you girls here....you might not all be like that but most of you are! LOL It's ok, we're friends here....I can say that.

Here's a qk story. Bobby, my old work buddy came by yesterday and we talked for 1/2 hr or so. He asked about my son and I told him he had stumbled but he wasn't bad and was on his way back. He asked me how old my son was was. Then he asked me how old I was when I got sober. God Dang......the same age!!!! Well isn't that a kick in the bum?

Bobby knew that when he asked me how old my son was.....he's that sharp and he's always lent me that perspective.

Enjoy the day guys!
Yes I have to admit I have a shoe fetish but I also know how to sew them 😜 I'm the worst I'll guarantee you plus I like to sew purses bags etc. a girl can never have enough of either😜.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Well, I think Kerry and I talked ourselves out of going on vacation Christmas week.....neither of us had a "must go to" place so we just talked about it for the weekend on and off.

I'm still not sure how we went from:
"I'm not sure I want a warm temps, crystal lagoons for Christmas" to the speech on "responsibility" and that I could get those 4 windows replaced instead of a trip to "Christmas in Dollywood". I was doing pretty well then I made a rookie mistake and learned that countering with "we'll do both" really didn't help my position at that point, LOL

It's funny .....I don't let Kerry spend a dime of her own money for stuff we do together. She's being frugal with my money, not hers! LOL

Here's a qk story;
After shopping all over the County Saturday for Kerry to find shoes, even going into the infamous Marley Station mall which now so deserted due to crime that even the criminals don't go there anymore we found! Yet we never saw anyone stealing until we went to my local Safeway yesterday morning. When leaving, a few residents were expressing their feelings toward the woman who was stealing a 10lb bag of Oranges and 2 12-pks of soda at the exit doors. Employees were taking vids but no words.

I went around them and suggested to the one man who was very upset...to "just let it go" "not the life we choose" but it was his choice to take the suggestion or not. He chose not to disengage and the drama escalated then ended with squealing wheels and cell phone vids. I did see him walking back to the store with one of the 12packs. That woman was in her 40's, driving a nice car..............her life must really suck due to the decisions and rationales her brain concocts! Eventually, someone will get hurt, over food. Not political, just humanities.

I've never figured out what "the better way" looks like.....but I've never doubted as I see the same things most of us see.....that there has to be a better way.

On that upbeat and shiny note....enjoy the day guys!

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Good afternoon everyone,

I have just shed a few tears as Daisy's anniversary is fast approaching and I miss her so much.

Natrah
I hope that you are able to find some peace. Dwelling on and dreading painful memories can be a horrible trap sometimes. Too compelling to stop dragging ourselves there till we see it. That's why I hope you find peace.

MaNaAk

Southend
I hope that you are able to find some peace. Dwelling on and dreading painful memories can be a horrible trap sometimes. Too compelling to stop dragging ourselves there till we see it. That's why I hope you find peace.
Thankyou Jeff.

Daisy is looking down on myself and Jacky:IMG20230412204530.jpg

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Thankyou Jeff.

Daisy is looking down on myself and Jacky:View attachment 363163
I hope and pray I can live as long as either one of them and longer. The way I figure it I have to live until I'm 106 to make sure Sapphire is well cared for his whole life☺️ or set up my kids or grandkids whether they like it or not.😉 They'll be getting an heirloom so why not.🤗.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Amazon....for Flo's apron...it was a popular item this year. LOL

Check this out, some GREAT news for our little friends;

Wasn't sure where to post this....seems like the folder for articles is selective.
I knew the sea turtles were doing better. But didn't realize how good. I always say we are gonna go on a night tour. But we haven't yet. There is no excuse not to. We live in Brevard County. Years ago they really pushed that people that live near the beach. That during hatching season, to turn your outside lights off. They found that the hatchlings would go towards the lights. Thinking it was the moon.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
See Ray, folks thing we hang out brother! That won't be good for your reputation....but you guys are always invited to every party we have! LOL I even got motorcycle ramps! Ray would be driving the only TrackHawk chair in the country in a week.....go look on you tube...https://www.youtube.com/shorts/uWs983Sdc18?feature=share

Watching the Hatching, that's a Bucket list item for me.....but I want to hold one...I want to feel it wriggling in my fingers.......just one time!

Funny how when something is available to us all the time, we don't worry about going right away.

I hear that all the time from relatives visiting. "You live near DC, the Smithsonian museums, the art galleries, the White House and don't go there every weekend?"

"No, I don't"......ROTFLMAO......."I get to go when you visit!"

Don't be sad N!
I'm not trying to minimize what you feel but I'm different. I don't mourn those folks or pets who have passed.....they were chapters in my life, some very good chapters and I do miss them but once my initial "cry" is over, it's usually over for good.
It killed me when my Clemson(sulc) passed around 15 years ago. He is buried in the yard, safely and deep, to let him rest in peace. He had been my buddy through a lot of good times....he was my little wingman when I dated & was better than a puppy. We had long conversations where he patiently waited to get a word in edgewise....never did from what I remember....hmmm. His Growth marks on the inside of the Bathroom door were framed when I repainted the door to preserve them, but I cannot tell you what day, month or even year that he passed. When he crosses my mind, my heart smiles......I'm pretty good with that.

Enjoy the day guys.....

MaNaAk

Southend
See Ray, folks thing we hang out brother! That won't be good for your reputation....but you guys are always invited to every party we have! LOL I even got motorcycle ramps! Ray would be driving the only TrackHawk chair in the country in a week.....go look on you tube...https://www.youtube.com/shorts/uWs983Sdc18?feature=share

Watching the Hatching, that's a Bucket list item for me.....but I want to hold one...I want to feel it wriggling in my fingers.......just one time!

Funny how when something is available to us all the time, we don't worry about going right away.

I hear that all the time from relatives visiting. "You live near DC, the Smithsonian museums, the art galleries, the White House and don't go there every weekend?"

"No, I don't"......ROTFLMAO......."I get to go when you visit!"

Don't be sad N!
I'm not trying to minimize what you feel but I'm different. I don't mourn those folks or pets who have passed.....they were chapters in my life, some very good chapters and I do miss them but once my initial "cry" is over, it's usually over for good.
It killed me when my Clemson(sulc) passed around 15 years ago. He is buried in the yard, safely and deep, to let him rest in peace. He had been my buddy through a lot of good times....he was my little wingman when I dated & was better than a puppy. We had long conversations where he patiently waited to get a word in edgewise....never did from what I remember....hmmm. His Growth marks on the inside of the Bathroom door were framed when I repainted the door to preserve them, but I cannot tell you what day, month or even year that he passed. When he crosses my mind, my heart smiles......I'm pretty good with that.

Enjoy the day guys.....
❤️

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I knew the sea turtles were doing better. But didn't realize how good. I always say we are gonna go on a night tour. But we haven't yet. There is no excuse not to. We live in Brevard County. Years ago they really pushed that people that live near the beach. That during hatching season, to turn your outside lights off. They found that the hatchlings would go towards the lights. Thinking it was the moon.
I always wanted to find a sand dollar and never could. One day when I was much older though I found some. They were living in the ocean off the Naples Florida beach. They are so beautiful alive. I've seen TV footage of the sea turtle hatching lately. It would be unforgettable to see the hatchlings head for the sea in person. So they are still doing that conservation effort in Florida.🤗

MaNaAk

Southend
I always wanted to find a sand dollar and never could. One day when I was much older though I found some. They were living in the ocean off the Naples Florida beach. They are so beautiful alive. I've seen TV footage of the sea turtle hatching lately. It would be unforgettable to see the hatchlings head for the sea in person. So they are still doing that conservation effort in Florida.🤗
Is anyone able to post any photos? We have miserable weather here

Natrah

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Tomorrow is last day of work this week....SWEET! Wedding rehearsal Saturday for a Sunday wedding. I stopped and picked up my slacks for my tux...they fit perfectly now....no more being able to smuggle a family of illegals hidden inside when I walk my little girl down the aisle.

I am mostly looking forward to dancing with my daughter to the same tune of the song I made up my own words to, and sang to her when she was a little newborn. Close to you- Carpenters
We used to dance together often during her theater years from 8-18. We would do Shakespearian Dancing right through the Malls when shopping because there was the space for the turnarounds and to reduce her inhibitions about performing in front of folks. We had a "special dance" that involved her flying in the air doing a 360. We would BOTH end up in the hospital if we tried it today so hopefully, that's not in her wheelhouse Saturday when we walk though everything! LOL

Being a Dad...best job in the world, even when it's not "their best moment" it's a great job. When they are shinning brightly, it's a fantastic job.

Enjoy the day guys.....