COLD DARK ROOM

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
Tomorrow is last day of work this week....SWEET! Wedding rehearsal Saturday for a Sunday wedding. I stopped and picked up my slacks for my tux...they fit perfectly now....no more being able to smuggle a family of illegals hidden inside when I walk my little girl down the aisle.

I am mostly looking forward to dancing with my daughter to the same tune of the song I made up my own words to, and sang to her when she was a little newborn. Close to you- Carpenters
We used to dance together often during her theater years from 8-18. We would do Shakespearian Dancing right through the Malls when shopping because there was the space for the turnarounds and to reduce her inhibitions about performing in front of folks. We had a "special dance" that involved her flying in the air doing a 360. We would BOTH end up in the hospital if we tried it today so hopefully, that's not in her wheelhouse Saturday when we walk though everything! LOL

Being a Dad...best job in the world, even when it's not "their best moment" it's a great job. When they are shinning brightly, it's a fantastic job.

Enjoy the day guys.....
And well something always has to go silly at the wedding even with a rehearsal 😁 I'm on pins and needles waiting to hear about it ☺️. have a blast.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
You guys make me laugh...and it's always a good thing. I've got the Guess Who playing on the bigscreen...speakers are better. Great group of songs....good for the soul.....

N, you do recitals, symphonies, theater etc, right>? So you know the difference between a good singer and a person who isn't afraid to sing, right? Guess which one I am. It's just ugly when I sing but a kid doesn't know how bad you suck till they grow up so it works out great!

enjoy the day guys...............

MaNaAk

Southend
You guys make me laugh...and it's always a good thing. I've got the Guess Who playing on the bigscreen...speakers are better. Great group of songs....good for the soul.....

N, you do recitals, symphonies, theater etc, right>? So you know the difference between a good singer and a person who isn't afraid to sing, right? Guess which one I am. It's just ugly when I sing but a kid doesn't know how bad you suck till they grow up so it works out great!

enjoy the day guys...............
Please let us know how the wedding goes Jeff

Natrah

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Almost mid-November and we are pushing 80 degrees! 🥵. A bit hot for raking leaves.
We've had that temp also the past few days. But freezing through the night. This morning it was 70° f. Now the temps have dropped to 45°f. We've having a cold spell so it'll probably freeze again tonight.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
I always wanted to find a sand dollar and never could. One day when I was much older though I found some. They were living in the ocean off the Naples Florida beach. They are so beautiful alive. I've seen TV footage of the sea turtle hatching lately. It would be unforgettable to see the hatchlings head for the sea in person. So they are still doing that conservation effort in Florida.🤗
The different sea turtles hatch at different times in the year. I need to find out when and do the night tour.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
I figured out what I was gong to do today.

20231109_164436.jpg
My grill died hard, the inner deck collapsed taking 3 of 4 burners with it. I have been cooking off one burner for a week wondering when it's going to explode. I light it and drop the steak on, then RUN back inside! LOL

It stinks b/c I bought Kerry a nice grill when she moved in, I'm going there next year, this one only had to last 1 more year....but didn't.
This I'm ashamed to say, is what a 230 buck grill looks like today...Chinese and cheap. Well made, but cheap materials.
My old grill cost the same, and has cast iron grills, heavy steel burner tents, heavy gauge Stainless burners and lasted 10 years or so.

I doubt this will go much more than 3 or 4.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Funny thing......I was watching a documentary last night on Central Command's (Centcom) role in the 91 gulf war.....and was wondering how Mark has been. Then I sign on and find all is well!

I still would like to hear from Lyn.....

Do you know they sent folks to the Library of Congress to pore over old petroleum studies and ancient maps to be sure the path through the desert was passable by tanks? There ARE over 4 mill maps at LOC.

I renovated the Thomas Jefferson building as one of my last projects in the field.....what an amazing place@!

MaNaAk

Southend
I figured out what I was gong to do today.

View attachment 363256
My grill died hard, the inner deck collapsed taking 3 of 4 burners with it. I have been cooking off one burner for a week wondering when it's going to explode. I light it and drop the steak on, then RUN back inside! LOL

It stinks b/c I bought Kerry a nice grill when she moved in, I'm going there next year, this one only had to last 1 more year....but didn't.
This I'm ashamed to say, is what a 230 buck grill looks like today...Chinese and cheap. Well made, but cheap materials.
My old grill cost the same, and has cast iron grills, heavy steel burner tents, heavy gauge Stainless burners and lasted 10 years or so.

I doubt this will go much more than 3 or 4.
Please be careful.

Natrah

MaNaAk

Southend
We've had Bonfire night here and although this was on the 5th November some people are still letting off fireworks and two monkeys (Margoset and Oleg) who were in a local sanctuary have died of fright💔.

Natrah

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good morning all, long time no not see!
I hope all is well with you, I have a lot to catch up on and not had a chance to read through everything I've missed yet.
I have been without my laptop for weeks having left it at my sisters house when I visited a while ago. It has now been returned so it should be business as usual for me from now on.
Everything is good for me and Lola. I have a busy day today but as soon as I am able I'll be back to find out what you've all been up to.
See you soon x

MaNaAk

Southend
Good afternoon Lyn,

Good to hear from you. Please could I see a picture of Lola and is she hibernating?

Natrah

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Good morning all, long time no not see!
I hope all is well with you, I have a lot to catch up on and not had a chance to read through everything I've missed yet.
I have been without my laptop for weeks having left it at my sisters house when I visited a while ago. It has now been returned so it should be business as usual for me from now on.
Everything is good for me and Lola. I have a busy day today but as soon as I am able I'll be back to find out what you've all been up to.
See you soon x
So glad to see you here. You'll have to catch us up on what you've been up to too 😉😁

MaNaAk

Southend
Good afternoon Lyn,

Good to hear from you. Please could I see a picture of Lola and is she hibernating?

Natrah
Oh dear!

I think that Lola probably isn't a tortoise judging by Cathie's reaction 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣!

Natrah

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Good to see you Lyn.....you left and the world lit on fire....now you're back, things should calm down, right? I saw the correlation to your leave of absence....LOL if I didn't know better(&I don't), that sounds like "boyfriend" talk.....not serious yet, just a flicker....

The grill took an hour or so. I had to remove and turn the bottom around....but the reviews said this was an ok grill but was "very complicated" to assemble. I didn't think it was hard. Then I grabbed 2 of my "flood dollies" & moved the long dresser from the little bedroom and put in the little'r bedroom so I could roll up the carpet & padding, tape the ends like an alligators mouth and drag it out to the living room. I swear I smell "rabbit in that rug! Yes Ms Cathie, it smells! LOL
I told daughter that she could have it when she moved but I think she saw it was a lot of work to get. Then I could wash the floor in prep for the new rug coming Tues.............exact same design, a wee bit larger, 20 bucks less then the one I rolled up, that I bought in 12/2020. A nice surprise. I want to get a memory foam pad but it's 40 bucks more than the new rug is! Not so nice surprise.

Got the lowdown on the weekend....never a moment too late for superman. Rehearsal 1.5hrs away at 11am, Wedding the next day, at 2pm. Closest "real" hotel to the venue is 30 minutes away. Hmmm. I kind of don't want to drive to rehearsal, come home to drive up again the next day. It's my kids wedding, I don't mind getting a hotel but jeez, this place is in Egypt...in Maryland too, who da thunk. Ah, Kerry will be here in an hour or two, then "we'll" decide. I'm going to make sure it has an indoor pool.....never a bad time for Subnados! ....hmmm, wonder if they will mind, I wake at midnight and might wanna go swimming....I'll have to see if I can hook that up with the staff. There isn't any doubt that they aren't supposed to let anyone in the pool area....but we'll see, sometimes folks are really just waiting to be my hero of the day.

Can you tell I'm excited that Kerry's coming over? 12 years like this....it's bad, but good....really good.
I think I've wrapped my head around getting married while still living apart. I've been thinking about this for months. I'm sure a lot of folks go through this dilemma but basically, it's all about HER future being comfortable because we were married and I croaked or her living on a school teachers wage Social Security barely able to pay her bills. 95% of her pension was taken by her ex years ago. I know a lot of folks do it and they are all my hero's, I'm not knocking them at all. I just see this as a fully preventable situation. I brought it up to her a year or so ago, just kicking it around, then again recently. Kerry broached this with her teacher friends because she wants her kids there....I know the girls all so they were all onboard....they told her "Don't worry about your family, just don't tell them & have a "wedding" with them later!

Brilliant, just brilliant.

Got my results from the sleep test.....moderate .....I'll try the pillow-blocks again for him, then we'll see about another option. I was unaware of the stress on my body caused by not sleeping...I mean yeah other folks need to sleep but not me, right? LOL

enjoy the evening guys....