COLD DARK ROOM

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Congratulations - Super Man and Wonder Woman - you will make a great pair !!!
Is Matilda going to be at the wedding?
Since Richard and I have no family , Zola was our Best Tortoise (instead of Best Man ) -and our only guest.
He behaved admirably, of course !
I am very happy for the two of you - you are obviously a wonderful couple
Angie x

jeff kushner

Location (City and/or State)
North of Annapolis
Thanks Angie!

We went into Chestertown this morning to look at two Pre-Revolutionary places. We have March 2nd booked at the White Swan Tavern B&B. It's not really a "tavern and we have been in there looking 3 times in 3 years so it was by far, our 1st choice. This site was a tannery before 1733 when the home was first built! A very cool, very old place with dining and space for a ceremony and 6 overnight rooms, we took all the rooms as well as the place since we have out of towners coming. They won't know that we have them covered, till they try to pay for their rooms! LOL

The Innkeeper also cooks and will prepare us all a nice dinner.

My son just returned the call, he will stand up for me as Best man. I called my brother first, from the top of the Bay bridge as I drove home this afternoon to let him know. I haven't spoken to my girls yet but have been getting's texts from her family. Very cool

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Christmas cards? Not many folks send them anymore but good for you girls!

Kerry and I had a great time yesterday but I was dragging bad from the party....up too late, not drink too much!

We made a list of things that need to get done for me to stop working by January. We filled out the marriage license and began looking for small venues, for the end of Feb, first of March. We will be married in 8 weeks.....wow!

When I was told on my Birthday last week that I needed to change my hours back to normal office hours, I knew as I watched my boss speaking...."I'm probably NOT going to do this but you go ahead and try to sell it to me". Who knows, it could be them pushing me out. It's ok, it's the way of the world and I have no anger or angst about leaving.

"I choose"

Kerry gave me no reason not to retire.....and in fact, encouraged it. I was a little surprised since she tends to be the Stable, responsible one in this relationship. I think the kicker was that we put our 401's, annuities and pensions out on the table so we could both get a good picture of the others retirement funds. We've of course talked about them but this was the 1st time she actually saw my accounts. I'm far from well-off but it's enough that I do not count on her money for anything but fun.

Kerry's & my plan at this point it for me to stop working next month, marry at the end of Feb and spend my days moving things from one home to the other and getting my home ready to sell by May.

While renting it would provide a long term income, we don't need the $$ so bad that I need to deal with that drama-pack. I can sell my home and likely be able to pay hers off with the profit on mine so there won't be any Capital gains taxes. That keeps life simple...happy, smooth...for us, it's not about the money.

We have a plan.....with dates! I'm pretty excited but it's surreal as well. We have been engaged for 6 years in Jan. It just seemed like we were never going to "get there" so this is super-cool. I kept asking Kerry yesterday evening..."Really? REALLY?"

We are going to secure the venue before telling family & I will speak to a Fiduciary (money guy) before telling work.

Yes, I'm going to actually marry Wonder woman!
I promise I'll read this but I can't wait to tell you congratulations and best wishes to Kerry ๐Ÿ˜ nice ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜˜ sweet โค๏ธ๐ŸŽ‚

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
"To some men, Marriage represents a prison and they feel surrounded by walls
To others, Marriage represents Disneyland with everything that is good and wholesome inside of it"

A perfect way to put it......**** van Dyke said it in an episode...in the early 60's

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
wow...WE GOT SNOW when I posted 2 back, yesterday at 5:30, it was 57F out and was pouring so hard flood warnings were flashing across the tv screen. When I posted the immediate previous post at 1AM it was 37F out and still pouring out. It's 4:20AM now and I just drove through 40 miles of heavy snow fall.....just beginning to stick on the roads in Upper Marlboro. It began 5 miles or so from my home...and just kept getting heavier....couldn't see the length of your house while driving for the last 10 miles. It's 31F out now!

It probably won't stick much as it was so warm but it's pretty to see!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
wow...WE GOT SNOW when I posted 2 back, yesterday at 5:30, it was 57F out and was pouring so hard flood warnings were flashing across the tv screen. When I posted the immediate previous post at 1AM it was 37F out and still pouring out. It's 4:20AM now and I just drove through 40 miles of heavy snow fall.....just beginning to stick on the roads in Upper Marlboro. It began 5 miles or so from my home...and just kept getting heavier....couldn't see the length of your house while driving for the last 10 miles. It's 31F out now!

The only snow we had was some on the car windows this morning when I got up and opened the curtains. I didn't get to see snow snowing yet ๐Ÿ˜•. I love to just watch it with the birds hitting up my feeders at the same time. It's a love hate thing with me though. Snow can mean I'm stuck in the house. Hay ๐Ÿ˜ wait ๐Ÿ˜‰ it doesn't matter I'm retired.๐Ÿ˜Š

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
You retire and are happy to be home
I can't wait to retire so I won't have to!

The snow was pretty yesterday but I'm glad for my hours b/c I'm pretty sure it was a schitshow out there around the DC beltway.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
My leaf guy came yesterday so the whole yard is clean.....that's a nice feeling but I had to listen to his machines for 2.5 hours. The hearing aids came in handy....to quiet his machine sounds.

Can't seem to relax this week at all. Don't really know why. Juggling lots of "irons in the fire" isn't new to any of us right? I have a few things going on like other folks but I haven't even thought much bout the Holidays yet. My Ex did send out a grouptext & is hosting this year....and invited Kerry's kids & their BF/GF's. That's cool but she has a small home, "can we put the kids in the travel trailer?" LOL

I do enjoy Christmas though, I really do. It's the 1 time a year that everyone just seems to "Ahhhhhhh" at the same time.

With costs as they are, the kids all need money more than stuff, I think son and I are going car shopping for him before the party at oldest daughters/new hubbys. Kerry is picking up/out the actual gifts for people this year while I get to go to the bank for the others. Next year it will be her money too....it will be interesting to see her take on it then. She has often told me that I give too much.

The difference going into marriage is that I have twice the years of experience she does.....I know how to buckle down my costs and have it be nonculpable for me.....I will simply hand that duty over to Mrs "scrooge" and I'm golden! "Sorry kids, not my call anymore" LOL

I see Dr Chiro late today at 4:30. I don't like them so late. I wake at midnight, that's the same as 10:30PM to you guys.....

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
My leaf guy came yesterday so the whole yard is clean.....that's a nice feeling but I had to listen to his machines for 2.5 hours. The hearing aids came in handy....to quiet his machine sounds.

Can't seem to relax this week at all. Don't really know why. Juggling lots of "irons in the fire" isn't new to any of us right? I have a few things going on like other folks but I haven't even thought much bout the Holidays yet. My Ex did send out a grouptext & is hosting this year....and invited Kerry's kids & their BF/GF's. That's cool but she has a small home, "can we put the kids in the travel trailer?" LOL

I do enjoy Christmas though, I really do. It's the 1 time a year that everyone just seems to "Ahhhhhhh" at the same time.

With costs as they are, the kids all need money more than stuff, I think son and I are going car shopping for him before the party at oldest daughters/new hubbys. Kerry is picking up/out the actual gifts for people this year while I get to go to the bank for the others. Next year it will be her money too....it will be interesting to see her take on it then. She has often told me that I give too much.

The difference going into marriage is that I have twice the years of experience she does.....I know how to buckle down my costs and have it be nonculpable for me.....I will simply hand that duty over to Mrs "scrooge" and I'm golden! "Sorry kids, not my call anymore" LOL

I see Dr Chiro late today at 4:30. I don't like them so late. I wake at midnight, that's the same as 10:30PM to you guys.....
No it's not. I have an atomic clock ๐Ÿ˜ I accidentally set an alarm for midnight and I can't figure out how to shut it off permanently ๐Ÿ˜ญ and then well... I had to start eye drops for Joe and as it turns out I need that dang alarm โฐ darn it. ๐Ÿ™ƒ

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA

I wish I had video of the snowstorm. In Richmond it turned into rain within feet of the ground since it had so warm the day before. It looked like it would produce 6" or more the way the snow was falling.

MaNaAk

Southend
Good morning everyone!

Is it Jeff or Ray that sings and plays guitar at weddings and if it's Jeff will you be singing at your wedding?

Natrah

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
looked like it would produce 6" or more the way the snow was falling.
Right? I haven't seen it come done that heavy in years. I was really happy though for the warm day the day before or it would have been bad. I got off the roads right when it began to lay when I got here.

M, Jeff does NOT sing....maybe Ray does....no one wants to hear me.

We all know Superman and Wonder woman were "supposed to be together", soon they will be!
We are discussing lots of plans & options, the venue White Swan Tavern was a tannery before 1733 when the owner built his home there and it was added to over the years. Chestertown was also a main trading city during the Revolution and was the avenue taken into Delaware when Gen. George Washington and our Army crossed the Delaware on Christmas night in 1776, and took Trenton.

Being Colonial, it has size limits but Kerry is exploring using another place the owner has two blocks away for an afterparty. She'd like to have one for guests who couldn't fit into the ceremony room. She will find out the options, then we'll decide. She is going a mile a minute...."we could do this or that or invite them or not or have BT speakers or a DJ or" ...................I'm just smiling.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Right? I haven't seen it come done that heavy in years. I was really happy though for the warm day the day before or it would have been bad. I got off the roads right when it began to lay when I got here.

M, Jeff does NOT sing....maybe Ray does....no one wants to hear me.

We all know Superman and Wonder woman were "supposed to be together", soon they will be!
We are discussing lots of plans & options, the venue White Swan Tavern was a tannery before 1733 when the owner built his home there and it was added to over the years. Chestertown was also a main trading city during the Revolution and was the avenue taken into Delaware when Gen. George Washington and our Army crossed the Delaware on Christmas night in 1776, and took Trenton.

Being Colonial, it has size limits but Kerry is exploring using another place the owner has two blocks away for an afterparty. She'd like to have one for guests who couldn't fit into the ceremony room. She will find out the options, then we'll decide. She is going a mile a minute...."we could do this or that or invite them or not or have BT speakers or a DJ or" ...................I'm just smiling.
I'd love to be a little birdy and watch the wedding ๐Ÿ˜Š

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
We don't have THAT much space Ms Cathie or you'd be welcome!

Speaking of Ray singing....we haven't seen Ray since he got discharged.....where you at bro? Lyn has been busy too? Hope all is well.

After so many years of hiding, I will actually post a real pic of Kerry and I.......she will be the pretty one in the wedding photo. Here lies the issue with that; Kerry is very photogenic, the camera just likes her. Conversely, the plumbers bum may just be his good side. Don't laugh too fast, when I life-styled I used to get compliments on my bum, never got too many for being handsome though, come to think of it! LMAO

Kerry is coming over tonight. Tomorrow, Kerry is going shopping while I'm apparently buying a car tomorrow with my son and Dad's (presence was requested) and we're all going to a Christmas party at daughters and might get a chance to look at wedding rings too.

all good stuff.