COLD DARK ROOM

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Beautiful, I will have to check if they can grow in my region.
They are bulbs, and very hardy and easy to grow, if not too dry.Where Ilive on the borders of Devon and Cornwall in the southwest UK, there are millions of them around everywhere at the moment, by roadsides, peeping out of hedges, and just about anywhere there is space. They used to be grown commercially in this area, picked and sent to London to be sold, but when WW1 started, farmers had to dig them up to grow food instead - but the women and children re-planted them anywhere they could. Now they have multiplied, and are wonderfully cheerful on a grey day !
Angie

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Palm Bay Fl
They are bulbs, and very hardy and easy to grow, if not too dry.Where Ilive on the borders of Devon and Cornwall in the southwest UK, there are millions of them around everywhere at the moment, by roadsides, peeping out of hedges, and just about anywhere there is space. They used to be grown commercially in this area, picked and sent to London to be sold, but when WW1 started, farmers had to dig them up to grow food instead - but the women and children re-planted them anywhere they could. Now they have multiplied, and are wonderfully cheerful on a grey day !
Angie
Wow that must be beautiful!

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Hope all had a good w/e & Ms Cathie wasn't affected by the tornados.

Superman is on "rest leave" today .

We went over to my house Sat morning and we got Matilda's enclosure along with one of the robots for the yard. After we got home we got ready for a party with friends Sat night over at Nancy & Pauls house.

There is a big dipper in the pic below, somewhere...
20240316_204918.jpg

20240316_194012.jpg

Yesterday I got Matilda's home installed here. I had to clear a 5ft section of those real tall grasses to place it so I cut them low with the chainsaw then interleaved the grasses with the sticks and logs of the tree I cut down last week and installed another few feet of "dam" at the bottom of the hill. Said hill , all 20 trips up & down combined with my copd and 16 knee surgeries had me feeling pretty sore even before we got her enclosure out of the truck! LOL

Then I had to dig out those grasses roots...(kerry was right, they were tough).and transplanted them near the bottom of the hill for soil retention.

I even put night lights in her home!
20240317_133751.jpg20240317_130403.jpg

I relocated the bird feeder cam to provide Overwatch.......

I saw a cat at her home last night but I'm waiting to see if the family of racoons will be able to penetrate her defensive perimeter.

Enjoy the day guys.....I'm going to take a chill-day!

PS, today, "saturday" begins with the letter "M"

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Hope all had a good w/e & Ms Cathie wasn't affected by the tornados.

Superman is on "rest leave" today .

We went over to my house Sat morning and we got Matilda's enclosure along with one of the robots for the yard. After we got home we got ready for a party with friends Sat night over at Nancy & Pauls house.

There is a big dipper in the pic below, somewhere...
View attachment 368108

View attachment 368109

Yesterday I got Matilda's home installed here. I had to clear a 5ft section of those real tall grasses to place it so I cut them low with the chainsaw then interleaved the grasses with the sticks and logs of the tree I cut down last week and installed another few feet of "dam" at the bottom of the hill. Said hill , all 20 trips up & down combined with my copd and 16 knee surgeries had me feeling pretty sore even before we got her enclosure out of the truck! LOL

Then I had to dig out those grasses roots...(kerry was right, they were tough).and transplanted them near the bottom of the hill for soil retention.

I even put night lights in her home!
View attachment 368106View attachment 368107

I relocated the bird feeder cam to provide Overwatch.......

I saw a cat at her home last night but I'm waiting to see if the family of racoons will be able to penetrate her defensive perimeter.

Enjoy the day guys.....I'm going to take a chill-day!

PS, today, "saturday" begins with the letter "M"
Thanks even though the badly hit Indian lake is about an hour away, it's still a familiar area. My family likes to camp there . I found out about it on the news like everyone else. We had stormy weather but no tornadoes. I didn't know Ohio even got hit until a couple days later. I've been pretty busy with a puppy stuck up my butt most of the time 🙃

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Today is "pay for my sins" day! When we installed the lawn sprinklers in the front side strip, I was tired and ran the line straight down the middle of a 12' wide strip. The sprinklers only do 9' wide in that application....I need to move 3 and add 1. Not the end of the world and I already have all the stuff....but it's 39F out....I'll wait!

So the 21st is dog day or did you already get him?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Today is "pay for my sins" day! When we installed the lawn sprinklers in the front side strip, I was tired and ran the line straight down the middle of a 12' wide strip. The sprinklers only do 9' wide in that application....I need to move 3 and add 1. Not the end of the world and I already have all the stuff....but it's 39F out....I'll wait!

So the 21st is dog day or did you already get him?
I decided to bring Mr Fre home to me a week early. He's doing really good but I'm on a tight leash for now. He doesn't want me out of his sight and I'm letting him be a little baby for as long as he needs to.😊 I am seeing light at the end of the tunnel because he lets me off my leash now if he knows where I am.😉🙃

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
I figured that like a little girl, you wouldn't be able to wait. LOL

Kind of neat that you got to get him early. Does he yip at night? you got pics? I KNOW you've got pics!!!!! LOL

I finished paying for my sins in the yard. It was dirty, wet work and it never got to 50F but I got the heads moved. I want to run the wire for the mower and I needed to get this out of the way first. Not that I want to lay on the ground all day in 40F weather running 650ft of wire so bad but it needs to get done. The dumpster is arriving at the other house Fri afternoon so I'm on a short timeframe.....but my backup plan is just to let Kerry use the push mower to cut it once.

I do notice that I seem to accomplish a lot more stuff since I got that pesky "work thing" out of the way!

Kerry has a late night at school so it's chill time for me now.....

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I figured that like a little girl, you wouldn't be able to wait. LOL

Kind of neat that you got to get him early. Does he yip at night? you got pics? I KNOW you've got pics!!!!! LOL

I finished paying for my sins in the yard. It was dirty, wet work and it never got to 50F but I got the heads moved. I want to run the wire for the mower and I needed to get this out of the way first. Not that I want to lay on the ground all day in 40F weather running 650ft of wire so bad but it needs to get done. The dumpster is arriving at the other house Fri afternoon so I'm on a short timeframe.....but my backup plan is just to let Kerry use the push mower to cut it once.

I do notice that I seem to accomplish a lot more stuff since I got that pesky "work thing" out of the way!

Kerry has a late night at school so it's chill time for me now.....
And well... yes I couldn't wait but I was willing to if it was in his best interests. It wasn't. The shaker tip from the CBS program Lucky Dog always works for bite inhibitions and don't mess with the wabbit stuff 😉🙃😊 the two of you I'm sure will get everything set up in perfect timing. I hope you have some time in the meantime to be newlyweds 🤗🙏

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
We are going to "bond" this weekend at my house, working!! What fun!.....it's fine, we are still dating and always will be. We figure that's what happened to both of us before...we got "married" so this time, we're just going to keep dating....the marriage was just to make it legal! No puppy pic?

Today is "wire day" but I'm holding out till it breaks 50F before I go out! There is only one way to install this stuff.....by laying on the ground and crawling..... looking like you are installing a line of Claymores.......or a perimeter defense wire.

20240320_085046.jpg
Enjoy the day guys.....

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Got the robot cutting grass when Kerry got home from school....but it was tough. I lacked motivation. I put all the stuff outside but just couldn't get started. Then I looked up and saw a Bald Eagle circling over the house instead of flying over...so I got to watch him as he circled only 50' above the trees!

A couple minutes of that solved my issues and I got the job done. 520' of wire laid and I even got his little house installed. When we sent him out for the first time here I was surprised that he worked fine and didn't get stuck anywhere. He did get himself boxed in and bounced around for 20 minutes in one section but I'll reroute the wire today to avoid that. I will relax a little today I think but one more box checked off.20240320_180127.jpg

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
We are going to "bond" this weekend at my house, working!! What fun!.....it's fine, we are still dating and always will be. We figure that's what happened to both of us before...we got "married" so this time, we're just going to keep dating....the marriage was just to make it legal! No puppy pic?

Today is "wire day" but I'm holding out till it breaks 50F before I go out! There is only one way to install this stuff.....by laying on the ground and crawling..... looking like you are installing a line of Claymores.......or a perimeter defense wire.

View attachment 368203
Enjoy the day guys.....
Ok here is Mr. Fre taking it easy after his first vet visit today. They put him through the wringer. He had to get a parvo vac today. Poor little guy.IMG_20240321_154018627.jpg

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Does he get on with Razberri, Dilly and Sapphire?

Natrah
Sapphire will never be with Mr. Fre. Razberri is being patient and thank the good Lord he's a bit intimidated by her. I absolutely won't allow him to chase her either. I'm having to carry a cat 😁 named Dilly room to room for food water litter box etc He's such a wuss.but after 8 days they are all starting to interact a bit. It all takes time 🤗