COLD DARK ROOM

MaNaAk

Location (City and/or State)
Southend
GREAT pic!

but after a delay caused by a broken multi-meter...

Not here, its' Nutty Electrical Tuesday'

I promised that I would shut the power off...this needs to be made "normal" with 1 box.....why does it make me so nervous? Maybe b/c I installed it? LOL

I'm slugging down Maxwell House for courage....

View attachment 371177

Just in case;

and to whom it may concern, it wasn't Kerry's fault.....after all!
Nutty electrical Tuesday like the Nutty Professor 😉!

Natrah

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Long but productive day....like those Service Pro TV commercials;

"Like it never even happened"
20240528_155038.jpg
I have to run through the breakers to fill out the new labels but I'll wait and do that with Kerry, by phone while she's upstairs next w/e. There are spares w/ breakers....the bottom 2.

I did think about the "selling point" item J, but also realized the work would be subject to inspection. YIKES! While I think I did it correctly, lets also be real, I'm a plumber, hack by nature. LOL No, it's in my big shed at home now. Good point though.
There is a delta btwn price adders, selling points and actual cost. I lump the genset in with the yard robots and like the Genset, I got a fantastic deal on them. If I give them away, I lose the value I saved PLUS the adder would be minimal then I would have to replace them at a much higher cost(cause I like 'em)
.....and in the big picture here, it won't make that much of a difference. We are a waterfront community & blue star schools. The waterfront access is free with a clubhouse, pier and play things for the kids...if you have a boat, 50 total bucks a year HOA for a key to the perfectly kept ramp....well, around here, it's special.

I'm beat. The electrical panel work was only half of it....ALL of the electrical work is complete. I also began smelling sewer gas in certain weather conditions....coming from my basement ejector pit so I wiped, cleaned and re-caulked it. Then I poured in a half gal of bleach into it's attendant toilet and flushed....it's(the bleach) is sitting in the tank.....I don't smell anything so maybe that's good to go now?

I do love this house.....it just needed to spend time at The House Hospital for a couple of months, it's good now!

Maybe tomorrow will be "walkout basement" day.....or maybe "load the truck day". I like that second one better and it will likely be my speed tomorrow anyway.....

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
GREAT pic!

but after a delay caused by a broken multi-meter...

Not here, its' Nutty Electrical Tuesday'

I promised that I would shut the power off...this needs to be made "normal" with 1 box.....why does it make me so nervous? Maybe b/c I installed it? LOL

I'm slugging down Maxwell House for courage....

View attachment 371177

Just in case;

and to whom it may concern, it wasn't Kerry's fault.....after all!
Wire nuts in a service box makes me nervous.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl

View attachment 371190
I have to run through the breakers to fill out the new labels but I'll wait and do that with Kerry, by phone while she's upstairs next w/e. There are spares w/ breakers....the bottom 2.

I did think about the "selling point" item J, but also realized the work would be subject to inspection. YIKES! While I think I did it correctly, lets also be real, I'm a plumber, hack by nature. LOL No, it's in my big shed at home now. Good point though.
There is a delta btwn price adders, selling points and actual cost. I lump the genset in with the yard robots and like the Genset, I got a fantastic deal on them. If I give them away, I lose the value I saved PLUS the adder would be minimal then I would have to replace them at a much higher cost(cause I like 'em)
.....and in the big picture here, it won't make that much of a difference. We are a waterfront community & blue star schools. The waterfront access is free with a clubhouse, pier and play things for the kids...if you have a boat, 50 total bucks a year HOA for a key to the perfectly kept ramp....well, around here, it's special.

I'm beat. The electrical panel work was only half of it....ALL of the electrical work is complete. I also began smelling sewer gas in certain weather conditions....coming from my basement ejector pit so I wiped, cleaned and re-caulked it. Then I poured in a half gal of bleach into it's attendant toilet and flushed....it's(the bleach) is sitting in the tank.....I don't smell anything so maybe that's good to go now?

I do love this house.....it just needed to spend time at The House Hospital for a couple of months, it's good now!

Maybe tomorrow will be "walkout basement" day.....or maybe "load the truck day". I like that second one better and it will likely be my speed tomorrow anyway.....
That looks a lot cleaner. Good job 👏

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Yes, all finished! They did a good job, but with the five lanes of traffic, the noise level is quite high. I bought fast growing willow cuttings and planted them across the front. So far, in three months, they've grown from a stick (cuttings) to little trees about 3' tall. The thing that bothers me the most about the traffic is when cars change lanes (which happens frequently right in front of my house) and run over the lane reflector bumps.
Hope the trees go fast. I know bamboo grows super fast.
I will check how easy or hard to remove the reflectors. They don't use them in Michigan because of the snow plows. Maybe they will come up fairly easy. You can go out there around 3 am and remove a few.😅😅 Actually I have a nephew in CA and he owes me a favor.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
idk, you don't think 'generator ready' would be a selling point?
Really depends on where you live. Winters up north can make a house real cold, real fast. Then you have to worry about water pipes bursting after about 3 days. Depending on how windy it is.
Here in Florida, I worry about my two refrigerators and chest freezer.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis

Very sharp Ray.....

Not many folks would have noticed that......see all the tan ones, they are alum to copper.

If the home inspector is solid I likely will get tagged for them and will have to replace them. Thankfully they have the purple ones that are approved and I won't have to buy those large purple devices!

Went to bed at 9....up at midnight, ugh.

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth

Why?

View attachment 371190

I did think about the "selling point" item J, but also realized the work would be subject to inspection. YIKES! While I think I did it correctly, lets also be real, I'm a plumber, hack by nature. LOL No, it's in my big shed at home now.

You have Kerry to help so you might not need it, but nightlights with a piece of tape over the sensor make identifying breakers go much faster. But could save her from walking around with a lamp.

If the home inspector is solid I likely will get tagged for them and will have to replace them. Thankfully they have the purple ones that are approved and I won't have to buy those large purple devices!

You mean the purple 'suitcases' ? fwiw, I think at least some of the problems with aluminum wiring was caused by the overtwisting the wires/wirenuts. Aluminum is softer than copper and its a lot easier to overtwist the wires to where they're damaged or break.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Yes here they do a "home inspection" when buying a home....it's getting to be a racket to find the most stuff, then refer the folks. They even select them by lottery now for each job so there cant be favorites.

I have to order a set of Ebox screws since I only have two....and I'll make them TIGHT Ray!!

Would Superglue dripping off them look bad?

Yes, I meant the suitcases J....they are 4-5 bucks each and more importantly, wouldn't fit 100 inside my enclosure! At least the 2 buck each purple wire nuts will fit.

The "consensus" on the alum wire to copper now is that it's fine as long as things stay dry BUT if the humidity rises, the copper will "decompose" the alum......their words, not mine.

fwiw, I opened a few of those tan nuts to check.....they look just like they did when I moved in 17.5 yrs ago.

I drove over to the Nook this morning with a truckload of stuff. I got here and mama deer came to say hi but she wouldn't show off her fawns to me yet.....

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Wire nuts are ok to use in a service panel. Quite often there really isn't enough room for them. So the wire nut has a tendency of not getting tight enough. Plus it looks neater in the service panel without them. There are other options than wire nuts.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Well we got word last night. That my mother in laws sister passed. So Rose was on the computer last night getting 2 tickets to fly to the Philippines. Rose and Nanay will be leaving Saturday for the Philippines. Looks like it will be Opo and myself watching down the fort.

MaNaAk

Southend
Well we got word last night. That my mother in laws sister passed. So Rose was on the computer last night getting 2 tickets to fly to the Philippines. Rose and Nanay will be leaving Saturday for the Philippines. Looks like it will be Opo and myself watching down the fort.
Dear Ray and Rose,

I'm so sorry. I hope you're both okay.

Natrah

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Do you have someone you can count on for help if the need arrises?

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Guess that should be " holding down the fort" 😁

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Sorry to hear Ray. I'm just happy that you guys have the resources for Rose to go home to be with her mom & Aunt(s)

I woke at 3, Kerry up with me by 3:30 saying "Your sleep habits were supposed to become more like mine, not the other way around." LOL

We are chatting away at 5:30 as she dresses for school when she asks, "weren't you going to put the trash out at the other house this morning?"

Oh crap.....I jumped into dirty clothes and began driving over, a Bald Eagle flew 20 ' over me!! I came over here, got trash out...whew
20240531_072923.jpg

Last night when Kerry got home it was so beautiful out that we decided to take the ebikes out and go check on the sketchy-nervous mom Osprey. She's got babies!! We could hear them in the nest...pics came out horrible and we can't see the babies yet.
20240530_191710.jpg
Speaking of babies....Kerry got vid of the fawns the other day when they were born. You can clearly see two suckling and possibly a 3rd.....then the next night she heard a scream in the woods. She said it was horrible.

Yesterday when I was at the Nook I saw mama....with 1 fawn. :>(

While I was relaxing after bring over a ton of block, pavers and brick and unloading them, Mama Deer comes breezing through......her fawn stashed in the ferns behind us. We said hi....she's the silent type....but she's cool. The pic is very deceiving....."objects are closer than they appear"
20240530_170016.jpg

Today is "load the truck for the junkyard in the morning" day. Kerry is coming out tonight....I have to call cleaners and another real estate agent....the 1st one seemed dull. I want "dynamic"....LOL

My ex forwarded a Facebook by the wife of my last friend from "back in the day" he was the only one left alive....3 yrs younger than me. If I saw his ghost and asked him "What the F did you do A/H?" He would reply that he F'ed up. I don't know what his issues were that he was unable to overcome....maybe that's why he didn't come to a party a few years ago after Kerry tracked him down. Sure makes me humble that so far, I'm good.
Screensho(4).jpg
I dated Robin once in the 70's and then introduced them. I also him him his job at Chesapeake Sprinkler when he was 19. He passed still working at the same job.

Rodger used to drink and want to fight, I smoked and was generally mellow...so they never saw it coming! LOL We broke many laws together....fought White guys in Glen Burnie bars, Black guys in Baltimore bars, ran a fencing operation and he is the only person I have ever trusted in my entire 66 yrs not to break inside of an interrogation room, no matter how they lied to him. We were never once arrested or caught. We were tight for 10 yrs but after we both got married, it became obvious to the girls that we couldn't be together.....it wasn't safe for raising a family. So we drifted.....My sons football team played his sons team many years later and we chatted but we both knew not to begin with the "war stories"...that was the last time I saw him, 20 yrs ago. I was "nuclear" and he was "war"....neither too great on their own but real bad together. I am sad for my friend.

So today, I'll take my time loading that truck....just thinking.

Sry for the bummer but enjoy the day guys.....& Ray, don't start making plans to get into trouble..... till after Rose leaves!