COLD DARK ROOM

Pearly

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Central Texas, Austin area
Hey Guys! Just jumping in to say hi and let you know that I'm still around just not that much, literally "stealing precious minutes to get on TFO. Hate to miss out on holiday cards! That would have been sooooo much fun! But at least i can read some of your comments which gives me some sense of "spiritual participation". To those who celebratedThanksgiving, I hope you had a nice one. Now off to Christmas. I was going to get out Christmas decorations and put them up this w/e but it's raining. Plus I have to work anyway to turn in some documents by Monday. I have a new phone, my husband upgraded our iphones, so I now have functional email on my mobile device. The other one was not sending out messages so that a relief bcs for me sitting at my desk top is a luxury that I just can not afford, always on the GO! But overall doing ok, and this year my husband gets the "big presents" for the boys meaning only one-but big present under the tree so I don't have worry about holiday shopping. I never go crazy about that any way but now is even better! No present shopping at all! Awesome!!! I miss chatting with you guys, but... one of these days! Hope everyone and your torts are well. Thinking of my TFO Friends often and wishing everyone a wonderful weekend

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Hey Guys! Just jumping in to say hi and let you know that I'm still around just not that much, literally "stealing precious minutes to get on TFO. Hate to miss out on holiday cards! That would have been sooooo much fun! But at least i can read some of your comments which gives me some sense of "spiritual participation". To those who celebratedThanksgiving, I hope you had a nice one. Now off to Christmas. I was going to get out Christmas decorations and put them up this w/e but it's raining. Plus I have to work anyway to turn in some documents by Monday. I have a new phone, my husband upgraded our iphones, so I now have functional email on my mobile device. The other one was not sending out messages so that a relief bcs for me sitting at my desk top is a luxury that I just can not afford, always on the GO! But overall doing ok, and this year my husband gets the "big presents" for the boys meaning only one-but big present under the tree so I don't have worry about holiday shopping. I never go crazy about that any way but now is even better! No present shopping at all! Awesome!!! I miss chatting with you guys, but... one of these days! Hope everyone and your torts are well. Thinking of my TFO Friends often and wishing everyone a wonderful weekend
It's not too late join in with the cards if you want to!

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Miss you, too, Cousin! :)
Thanks for popping by, glad to hear you're well, if rather busy.
Raining here, too, but we need it.
Have a great weekend yourself and try to visit again soon.
Your armadillo has been missing you, as well.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
I have done my research
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1480792373.317817.jpg
Own knowledge identified
woodpecker, nuthatch, wren, t i t/chickadee

Bird book helped with
Red bellied woodpecker,
White breasted nuthatch
Black capped chickadee

Which left the wren. Hmm. I then discovered the Charley Harper website which confirmed the first three. But the wren...

His pictures of identified Carolina Wrens don't have multiple eyestripes, but if you look at photos of them then they are there sort of. Not very happy with this, but I've been through the other wrens and ruled them out, so I'm going to have to settle for Carolina Wren.

I have fallen in love with his work. He was clearly a keen observer of wildlife :)

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
I have done my research
View attachment 193694
Own knowledge identified
woodpecker, nuthatch, wren, t i t/chickadee

Bird book helped with
Red bellied woodpecker,
White breasted nuthatch
Black capped chickadee

Which left the wren. Hmm. I then discovered the Charley Harper website which confirmed the first three. But the wren...

His pictures of identified Carolina Wrens don't have multiple eyestripes, but if you look at photos of them then they are there sort of. Not very happy with this, but I've been through the other wrens and ruled them out, so I'm going to have to settle for Carolina Wren.

I have fallen in love with his work. He was clearly a keen observer of wildlife :)
Jolly good work.
I love a nice bit of research.:)
Inspiring.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Hello all, i thought it'd be nice to update you all , I brought a 12 week old common musk turtle !!
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hello, and nice to see you. (in the dark by jellyfish light. ):)
Photos would be great if you can manage it.
We'd love to see him/her.

johnandjade

5 Year Member
scotland
Splendid.:)
Up working in the lab.
One of the neighbours has broken the tap on the terrace, the one The Todge likes to sit under in summer. :(
They're all blaming each other (same family), but as long as it's replaced by spring it's fine.
I'll keep knocking on the door of the apartment that backs onto the terrace and get them to give me buckets of water.
If I do it enough, they'll fix the tap.
Neighbours, eh ?:mad:

booo!! :( good idea;)

johnandjade

5 Year Member
scotland
Hi all! I don't mean to butt in, but I just wanted to say hello, and post a quick pic. I'm Dave, and Ed (Zeropilot) recently placed a little Cherryhead with me. I just wanted to report that he/she/shim:rolleyes: is doing great. Thanks Ed for getting back to me, I'm really pleased with this little tyke:

View attachment 193692

hi dave :)

Pearly

5 Year Member
Central Texas, Austin area
Hi all! I don't mean to butt in, but I just wanted to say hello, and post a quick pic. I'm Dave, and Ed (Zeropilot) recently placed a little Cherryhead with me. I just wanted to report that he/she/shim:rolleyes: is doing great. Thanks Ed for getting back to me, I'm really pleased with this little tyke:

View attachment 193692
Hi Dave and welcome from Texas. I also have a "cherry", "shim" (love how you did that!!!) was supposedly hatched as a boy. We'll see. Hope you enjoy the forum, probably all the info you need to raise healthy/happy tort can be found right here. Plus a bonus, you make great friends in the process. Have fun, share, learn, let us learn from you. Great to have you on TFO!