COLD DARK ROOM

CarolM

Location (City and/or State)
South Africa - Cape Town
Well, I used the carpet cleaning machine. I only did half the living room (the furniture was piled up on the other half). You should see the dirty water. Just one person, one dog and two cats living here, and that section of carpet was SO dirty!!!!! After the initial cleaning, I rinsed out the machine and put clean water into it and went back over the carpet. STILL DIRTY WATER COMING OUT!!!! But that's all the house work I have in me for the day. It will have to stay like it is. I bought a Hoover brand. What powerful suction this machine has. I think it was money well spent.
Well done on cleaning the carpet. So are you doing the other half tomorrow?

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
Well, I used the carpet cleaning machine. I only did half the living room (the furniture was piled up on the other half). You should see the dirty water. Just one person, one dog and two cats living here, and that section of carpet was SO dirty!!!!! After the initial cleaning, I rinsed out the machine and put clean water into it and went back over the carpet. STILL DIRTY WATER COMING OUT!!!! But that's all the house work I have in me for the day. It will have to stay like it is. I bought a Hoover brand. What powerful suction this machine has. I think it was money well spent.
WOW!! You have more energy than I do!!!! :)

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
Have I missed a few posts. I didn't know you had a tortoise named Elsa? And well done Elsa on a clean bill of health.
Yes! I got my Hermann's Tortoise, Elsa Elizabeth, in November of 2012. She was just 4 inches long and has grown significantly! That was when I first got involved with this amazing forum!!!! :):<3:

Here are some photos of Elsa:

Elsa05.jpg

fullsizeoutput_86.jpeg

Bee62

Germany
I hope your sheep has her lambs SOON- she surely must be uncomfortable! :<3:
Your chickens are gorgeous! I love the feathers on their feet!!!!:D
Your cat is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!:):<3:

It looks like a lovely neighborhood! Are your neighbors nice people?
Thank you Bea for your praise of my pets.
With the neighborhood it is different: There are nice and less nice people.:)

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Yes! I got my Hermann's Tortoise, Elsa Elizabeth, in November of 2012. She was just 4 inches long and has grown significantly! That was when I first got involved with this amazing forum!!!! :):<3:

Here are some photos of Elsa:

View attachment 235477

View attachment 235478
Oh Wow. Elsa is beautiful. I always thought that Jacques was how you became involved with the TFO. Lol just shows you, you can learn something new everyday. Especially in the CDR.

Bee62

Germany
Yesterday, when I took Jacques to the specialty vet, I brought Elsa too, for her first appointment and wellness check.

I was expecting lots of poop, so I put layers and layers of newspaper in a big plastic tub to take her there. I'm SO GLAD I did!!
She pooped on the way there, so the tech used that sample to check for parasites. (NO parasites!!! YAY!!!) She pooped again while we were waiting for the doctor, and I rolled up that paper and gave it to them to throw away :)eek: LAWDY, tortoise poop STINKS!!!! :confused:). She pooped AGAIN as the doc was examining her; and the doc held her over the sink and ran warm water on her booty to stimulate her to finish pooping. :D
The doc examined Elsa and thought she looked really healthy and good! She was especially complimentary about Elsa's CARAPACE and said it looked really great! I attribute that to what I have learned on this forum!!!! :):<3:
It was also interesting that the vet said they never see Hermann's tortoises! They see a lot of Russians, Greeks and Sulcatas but not Hermann's. When I told my hubby, he observed that those are the species sold most often in the pet stores!!! Makes sense! ;)

I was dreading the 45 minute drive home, expecting to smell tortoise poop the whole way, but Elsa must have emptied her gut pretty well, because there was no more poop! :D

Some people compare the smell of tortoise poop with the smell of horse poop, but I have had horses and I am sure tort poops smells much more and stronger than horse poop.

Bee62

Germany

Bee62

Germany
Looks like an awesome place to live. So much space. So more excitment in thw CDR. We going to have a lamb soon. Is Mary perhaps your second name?
Thank you Carol. Yes, it is beautiful where I live when you like nature and much space and I do.
No, I only have one name: Bee ..... buuuuzzzzzzzzzz:D

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA

Linhdan Nguyen

Maryland
Hi All! Hope all is well. I am slowing reading older posts. Beatrice I’m glad the vet visit went well! & Yvonne I recently bought a carpet cleaner too & yes! So much dirty water! It took me 2 days to clean my living room. Still havent done the bedroom. My dog has been hoarding little things under the bed so i need to clear that out also