COLD DARK ROOM

Momof4

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
San Diego
I’m not sure why reporters put themselves in danger reporting bad weather.
If everyone is supposed to evacuate why do they stand in 2 feet of water and try not to get blown away?

Can’t they go up into a high rise and zoom in or something safer?

Last edited:

Pastel Tortie

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
North Florida
If everyone is supposed to evacuate why do they stand in 2 feet of water and try not to get blown away?

Somebody probably drags them inside when the sustained tropical storm force winds set in. That's when the first responders, the "boots on the ground," get called back in. Emergency personnel don't go out again until the winds die down below that threshold.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Are you sure about the earthquakes? Granted, it's been years since looked into it, but I was thinking there was a fault line that ran under some of the major cities in Europe... from London to Istanbul. I want to say it hasn't been all that active, but may have experienced some activity shortly after I moved back from the UK. Maybe somewhere in the 2008 timeframe?

All disclaimers apply, as I've been preoccupied with hurricane evacuation, and I had to settle for iced coffee this morning... :)

Iced coffee is enough to ruin anyone’s day!

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
As much as I like the remodel jobs we are doing around here I’m tired of contractors in my house!
Right now I’m in my sons room hanging out.
My poor dogs have too stay outside, my cat is locked in a room and the little Chihuahua is with me because the front door has to stay open so the workers don’t scratch it up.
This guy comes and goes or shows up 3 and works 2 hours.
I’m over it!! His work is great but it’s slow!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
As much as I like the remodel jobs we are doing around here I’m tired of contractors in my house!
My poor dogs have too stay outside, my cat is locked in a room and the little Chihuahua is with me because the front door has to stay open so the workers don’t scratch it up.
I know you've done your daughter's room and the fireplace. What else is being done?

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario

It feels more immediate and makes better television. Reporters’ lives are dirt-cheap. (Speaking as a journalism graduate.)

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario

Is it not over yet? :eek:

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
That would drive me totally nuts.