COLD DARK ROOM

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kent, South East England
Good evening all! I can’t say I have ever had pigs ears - Mum used the snout when she made brawn.

The in-laws mostly behaved themselves, as did my leg, and we are safely home having dropped Son at his flat in north London on the way. Daughter had to drive back her flat from our house, but she should be home soon :)

She told us that the Brown Long Eared bat I showed the photo of weighed only 6 grams... less than ¼ ounce!

Mrs B will weigh nearer 11g/ ½ ounce. She has introduced more feathers to the box in our absence, so she is definitely starting to think fluffy nest-lining thoughts before she lays eggs :)

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Good mornooning all. The sun is out, but it’s a chilly 3C/37F. We stayed the night just outside Cambridge and will head over to the in-laws after breakfast.

My leg swelled up something awful yesterday... I guess I walked too much... fortunately it has mostly subsided overnight. I am going to have to be careful today. The problem with Mother in Law is that we cannot let on about my leg to her. She looks for things to worry about... and this is going to be hard to hide [emoji849]
Actually, that's pretty sweet of all of you. Both parties are worrying about each other's feelings. Personally, I do better (as an elderly person) if my family just fesses up.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
You are right, but we have to manage her heavily. A couple of years ago, she decided JoesDad had some serious illness he was dying from when all we had mentioned was him skipping going to the gym because he had a cold [emoji849] That took about a week of phone calls to resolve.

And I may have been with JoesDad for 35 years now, but I usually fail to come up to standard (apart from a brief respite when I produced their only grandson). I get 100% backup from JoesDad when they’re being awful thank goodness... he is not afraid to tell them they are being badly behaved... otherwise his parents would have seen me off years ago.

They ripped my sister in law to shreds and had her in tears at a family meal round our house once. And that was in front of their teenaged grandchildren. My son said afterwards “there’s a reason that Grandma (my Mum) is my favourite”. It’s so sad. They alienate even those who should think they’re wonderful.
Sorry, I didn't see this post when I posted earlier. I always know when my kids (40ish) are going through stuff. If they won't tell me, that's when I worry. Again. I apologize.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Good evening all! I can’t say I have ever had pigs ears - Mum used the snout when she made brawn.

The in-laws mostly behaved themselves, as did my leg, and we are safely home having dropped Son at his flat in north London on the way. Daughter had to drive back her flat from our house, but she should be home soon :)

She told us that the Brown Long Eared bat I showed the photo of weighed only 6 grams... less than ¼ ounce!

Mrs B will weigh nearer 11g/ ½ ounce. She has introduced more feathers to the box in our absence, so she is definitely starting to think fluffy nest-lining thoughts before she lays eggs :)

So glad that went well for you!!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I always browse the $3 selection in Walmart... :)).

The Virginian was my grandmothers favorite.. gun smoke was next. :) we were very close and I watched many shows with her. I noticed recently that there is now a series remake of lonesome dove with Tommy Lee Jones In it.. May have to record that one:)
The Beverly Hillbillies are my favorite.

Bee62

Germany
I thought it was a joke picture. Do people really eat that stuff? I've bought them for my dog to chew on, but for people? no thanks.
I really eat that ! It is delicious. A little bit fatty but .... yum !:D Oh, I know what you are thinking..... crazy Germans..... Maybe ?:eek::D But I swear I eat that.:)