COLD DARK ROOM

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Good morning! It’s raining here and the cool front is in! Hallelujah!
My big news..... I have placed a deposit on an English bulldog..I have not picked a puppy yet as I passed on the 6 week old litters that I was shown. I’m perfectly ok with waiting a while. The have a particular stud dog that I really like and I heard last night that he just had a female puppy born that looks just like him.. it’s too early to know for sure, but I highly suspect that that’s gonna be my girl:). A baby in the house by Christmas !!!!

Wow! Very nice on the puppy news.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
When I lived near the beach in San Francisco, all we ever saw on the beach were sand dollars.

maxresdefault.jpg

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
W
That’s really interesting. I have found those dried out and washed up on the beach, but never seen them alive
e find those here attached to the underside of docks or other fixtures in the water... I too thought they were some kind of eggs until my daughter and her friend removed a “blob” one time... upon further inspection, I realized that it must have been something different. It’s not near as Loose as it may look.. I googled and got the same info you provided:)

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
@Yvonne G
If the little baby does indeed make it to my house, her name will be Cinder.... ( the color of ashes and the shape of a block)

As for the golf, I said it was fun..... NOT that I was any good at it
I now have a little more respect for my hubbys ability to play the game well !

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Oh yes, Team building event went well yesterday. We had it at a Top Golf venue... I am not normally a golfer..... but surprisingly it was fun! View attachment 281987I hope everyone has a wonderful Friday!!!
That's funny. I can't even score with put put let alone golf. But if I watch it I find myself standing up and cheering like I'm at a football game.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I hope everyone is having a great Friday too. It was bright and sunny here. Saphire got out early but he also had to come in early because now it's overcast with a cold front coming in. But at least Saphire got several hours of sunshine so it's a wonderful Friday here.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Yesterday was kayaking, today a few more hours of getting some additional wood/supplies and cutting in the entrance way into Sully’s new enclosure. Amazing how much time it takes to just LOOK at 50 types and sizes of hinges, but not buy anything.

Tomorrow - 15 mile kayaking trip around Wye Island over on Maryland’s Eastern Shore! Weather is reportedly gonna be perfect.

Here are a few pix of the newly created entrance way.

7CE65BD2-3696-4C6D-A75E-9B108035B56B.jpeg 880D4AE0-98B2-4467-8BFE-AF511219A86A.jpeg D5BCFA8A-1620-4B0F-ADEE-408E5B2CD759.jpeg

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
When I lived near the beach in San Francisco, all we ever saw on the beach were sand dollars.

maxresdefault.jpg
I only once got to see living sand dollars and that was at the Naples, Florida beach. They are really pretty. They are kind of hairy or fuzzy with several colors. Kind of rainbow like. There was also a lot of them washed up on the beach drying out. There must have been a large colony there.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Good mornooning and happy weekend everyone.

It’s Daughter’s birthday next week and both she and Son have turned up for the weekend :)

We are going out for a meal together this evening.

The weather continues as very wet here. The garden and the reservoirs desperately need it so I won’t complain.

have a good time whatever you get up to in your part of the planet

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
You'll need to teach your wife to be your 'right-hand-man'!!

Yes, it's amazing how hard your bed or pillow can feel when you can't sleep! I bought one of those "my pillow" as seen on TV, and when I'm wide awake it feels like a brick under my head!

Happy Friday to you too, Adrian!

Oh wow! I LOVE that breed! They're just the cutest things, especially as puppies. Please be sure to post lots of pictures for us. Have you picked out a name yet?

Looks like fun, but I doubt I'd be able to hit a ball with a stick!

They are just so darned cute! I love the little paw to the left in the last picture. Mouse?
Yvonne I have looked at the My Pillow at home depot. Do you like it? I was kinda turned off with the chunky foam fill. I didn't want to buy it.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Yvonne I have looked at the My Pillow at home depot. Do you like it? I was kinda turned off with the chunky foam fill. I didn't want to buy it.
I like it, however, eventually all the little foam pieces settle into each other and you have to keep fluffing it up. But the price! My gosh!!! Who pays that much for a crummy pillow (well, I did, obviously)?

Last edited:

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Good mornooning and happy weekend everyone.

It’s Daughter’s birthday next week and both she and Son have turned up for the weekend :)

We are going out for a meal together this evening.

The weather continues as very wet here. The garden and the reservoirs desperately need it so I won’t complain.

have a good time whatever you get up to in your part of the planet
Good afternoon and Happy early birthday daughter! Hope dinner was delightful

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
I like it, however, eventually all the little foam pieces settle into each other and you have to keep fluffing it up. But the price! My gosh!!! Who pays that much for a crumby pillow (well, I did, obviously)?
I think a truly good pillow is worth paying for but they sure are hard to find! I found one at Bed bath and beyond that is really nice but it’s at east 5 years old now so I don’t remember what it was called. I was appalled at the price but my husband made me buy it.. I’m really glad he did! It still feels the same as the first night I slept on it. I’ll try and check the tag for you.