COLD DARK ROOM

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
I'm considering setting up at a local "trade days" to see if any of my artwork will sell. This would be the first time I have actively tried to sell my art. It makes me nervous..
I haven't called to rent a spot yet, cause I know that once I do I'm committed to putting myself out there

Just make it happen! I carve things & occasionally sell. I first gave one to a friend who “really” liked it.... she took it to her work & in a day i had 30 orders! Put a few items out. You will see/hear customer comments, etc. get to meet lots of folks too!
Good luck

PS - Print up a few data sheets of what you have, your contact info, etc and have on your table. Ppl will often think about a purchase then contact you later.

Bambam1989

East Texas
Just make it happen! I carve things & occasionally sell. I first gave one to a friend who “really” liked it.... she took it to her work & in a day i had 30 orders! Put a few items out. You will see/hear customer comments, etc. get to meet lots of folks too!
Good luck

PS - Print up a few data sheets of what you have, your contact info, etc and have on your table. Ppl will often think about a purchase then contact you later.
Thats a good idea. I hadn't thought about having my contact info available.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Thats a good idea. I hadn't thought about having my contact info available.

Ps - depending what you have, be willing to domestic ship as well. Some folks might want to have you ship it. So, have an idea what your items weigh and size) and use this to determine https://www.usps.com/ship/?gclsrc=a...y5YtaxRAPRFr4pha7PG75wI9zL43N5Y0aArqCEALw_wcB

Also, search on YouTube for “Tips n Tricks” -

And this - https://getarchd.com/2018/01/15/vendor-booth-ideas-and-tips/

Bambam1989

East Texas

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I'm considering setting up at a local "trade days" to see if any of my artwork will sell. This would be the first time I have actively tried to sell my art. It makes me nervous..
I haven't called to rent a spot yet, cause I know that once I do I'm committed to putting myself out there
It's always a scary proposition to 'expose' yourself like that. Try to be thick skinned. People aren't always the most politically correct animals on the planet. If you do set up a booth be sure to take pictures for us.

Professor Brenda

Pflugerville, Texas
I guess I’m on a bit earlier than normal. Wifey has to make a trip to Virginia to take her mom to a doctor visit. I got orders last night to wake her up & have coffee ready EARLY so she can get on th Washington beltway before lots of traffic.
I always find it funny to hear other people talk about driving to another state for something like it's no big deal. I live in central Texas, so for me to get to another state, it takes me most of a day, 6 hours to Louisiana, 9 to New Mexico. I can get to another country (Mexico) in less than 4. It's all about perspective.

This is my dad's favorite silly poem to recite when we would drive across the state for vacations when I was a kids. You have to say it in a heavy Texas accent.
The sun has ris',
The sun has set.
And here were are in Texas yet.

Happy Thursday y'all.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
I always find it funny to hear other people talk about driving to another state for something like it's no big deal. I live in central Texas, so for me to get to another state, it takes me most of a day, 6 hours to Louisiana, 9 to New Mexico. I can get to another country (Mexico) in less than 4. It's all about perspective.

This is my dad's favorite silly poem to recite when we would drive across the state for vacations when I was a kids. You have to say it in a heavy Texas accent.
The sun has ris',
The sun has set.
And here were are in Texas yet.

Happy Thursday y'all.

Yeah, we are within 4 hours (or less) of Pennsylvania, Delaware, Virginia, DC, probably West Virginia too. Both DC & Virginia are right around the DC Beltway. It’s the volume of traffic that kills us & rush hour(s).

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Woe is me. . . I just realized that yesterday was the second Wednesday of the month, hence, I received my SS check and that means I should have paid bills yesterday. But I didn't. If I hurry, I can still get it done before the 15th, but, alas and alack, this is what my lap looks like:

IMG_20191114_112819_hdr.jpg

and my back hurts because I went shopping this a.m., so I'm stuck here in my chair. Woe is me!

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Well, bills are paid. Back still hurts. Kittens not upset at being upset, still in my chair. Guess I should vacuum my bedroom carpet. The tree in the back yard gets sucking insects and towards the end of summer when the leaves start to fall there's a layer of stickiness all over the back yard. The backyard is where I take Misty when she needs to go outside, so I take my shoes off when I come back inside (due to the layers of stickiness on the bottoms), but Misty can't take off her feet, she she carries the stickiness - dead grass and leaves - into the house and into the bedroom. I can't do anything about the tree because there are three very nice, large tortoises living under it. So I just have to put up with the stickiness.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
The banana stalks filled up and ripened, but very mini bananas. Soooo, i think the ones I have are more ornamentsl than meant to eat.
I wanted one of those pink banana trees but I was too scared to have one shipped. I did get small (regular) tree that had propagated off of a large one that my mother had. I feel like it may have gotten a late start but the conditions are the same I dug it out of.. guess I’ll know next spring..

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Happy Thursday Everyone,
I have not gone to gym this whole week. Oh boy when I finally get back there next week, I will pay for it. But I just don't want to push it, considering that I was so ill and throwing up etc on Sunday. I am still getting bouts of nausea and my husband reckons I must be pregnant. I told him he is totally mad. I could not imagine trying to bring up another kid at the age of 46. That is just crazy. It is fine if you are a granny because you can just hand them back to the parents, but being the parent at that age. uh uh...no ways hose... carry on dreaming.
Anyway enough about me. how is everybody doing?

Yvonne and Heather keep those cute and cuddly pics coming, I love little baby animals. And since I don't have any, I will have to live vicariously through you two ladies.
Oh my.... is it possible?? Wait- most anything is possible, I have one that’s living proof of that. I thought starting over in my 30’s was bad.. I’ll pray for you!!! A stomach virus might not be a bad thing.. LOL

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
The work I have seen is unquestionably good.. I don’t think you have anything to worry about. I can understand the fear of exposure but I think it’s an amazing part of you & should be celebrated!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Happy Thursday Everyone,
I have not gone to gym this whole week. Oh boy when I finally get back there next week, I will pay for it. But I just don't want to push it, considering that I was so ill and throwing up etc on Sunday. I am still getting bouts of nausea and my husband reckons I must be pregnant. I told him he is totally mad. I could not imagine trying to bring up another kid at the age of 46. That is just crazy. It is fine if you are a granny because you can just hand them back to the parents, but being the parent at that age. uh uh...no ways hose... carry on dreaming.
Anyway enough about me. how is everybody doing?

Yvonne and Heather keep those cute and cuddly pics coming, I love little baby animals. And since I don't have any, I will have to live vicariously through you two ladies.[/QUOTE
I almost feel 'normal' this a.m. Just a bit stiff (?), just something there to remind me to not over do it.
Yeah!!!