COLD DARK ROOM

Lyn W

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
UK
Good afternoon/evening all - it's been pretty quiet in here today.
I hope Yvonne, Ray and Linda are feeling better and that everyone else is well.
I had a better night last night thankfully so hoping my cold is on it's last legs.
We have a weather warning for heavy rain again tomorrow with highs of 5C/40F - if I was a tort I would hibernate!
Thank goodness the weekend is just around the corner!

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
And Old Man Winter is now knocking at our door steps. We had full sun and high 60’s yesterday, but temps rapidly falling, it’s raining with snow spotted in areas just a bit west of here. By tomorrow morning, just mid-20’s. Brought our banana trees in yesterday and one fig. Plenty of time to bring the others in as temps hover around freezing.
Did you ever get to eat those bananas that we saw on your trees?

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
I had a bit of catching up to do! Yvonne, Linda, and Lyn- I sure hope that you all are fully recovered asap. Sick or suphering should not be allowed for any of us. Lots of hugs and soup for all of you from me. Brenda, it’s so good that you can talk to us and you are very welcome here. Don’t give up on your children’s books. If there is any way for you to post us a sample, I would love to read! And your family biography might not be pleasant but if your heart calls you to write it, then write that too. We read all sorts of things! Carol, I’m with you.... made it to Tuesday and maybe participated but I’m really just passing time until the weekend! Lol...
Sabine, it’s sure good to hear your voice:)

it was easier for me to type this paragraph than respond individually to all the posts I wanted to. I’m on my iPhone and I’m sure that I’ve left something out that I meant to say but .... oh well
LOL, I know how you feel, but I am sure that everybody will understand if they were left out. I do it often.:eek:

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Good morning I hop everyone wakes up feeling much better today. It’s a very cold 20 degrees (f) here this morning.. it’s a rare dry cold for us though so it doesn’t feel to bad. Looks like sunshine ahead and a high of 50.. I’ll be working mostly outdoors today and I think I’m looking forward to it. Cinder has proven to be a wonderful companion and is doing well learning all the things a puppy should.. oddly enough, she barks a lot when she wants something. Not sure if this is something she will outgrow but it’s not a habit that is common in her breed... mostly, I find it cute and endearing but when your trying to enjoy a snack it’s a bit annoying

View attachment 282876 View attachment 282877
Aww I just love the look of her. She is gorgeous and I am so jealous. Scooby does that...well sort of. Whenever I give Milly attention or the torts then he starts moaning at Me (barking) I am sure he is trying to tell me to stop fussing over them and to only pay attention to him. They are just so cute and wiggle their way into our hearts very quickly.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
The banana stalks filled up and ripened, but very mini bananas. Soooo, i think the ones I have are more ornamentsl than meant to eat.
Aaahh pity. Although mini bananas are also good if you can eat them, that way you know that you won't over eat them. And they should just be the right size to add to your cereal in the morning.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Happy Thursday Everyone,
I have not gone to gym this whole week. Oh boy when I finally get back there next week, I will pay for it. But I just don't want to push it, considering that I was so ill and throwing up etc on Sunday. I am still getting bouts of nausea and my husband reckons I must be pregnant. I told him he is totally mad. I could not imagine trying to bring up another kid at the age of 46. That is just crazy. It is fine if you are a granny because you can just hand them back to the parents, but being the parent at that age. uh uh...no ways hose... carry on dreaming.
Anyway enough about me. how is everybody doing?

Yvonne and Heather keep those cute and cuddly pics coming, I love little baby animals. And since I don't have any, I will have to live vicariously through you two ladies.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Are you up early or am I coming on here late?

I guess I’m on a bit earlier than normal. Wifey has to make a trip to Virginia to take her mom to a doctor visit. I got orders last night to wake her up & have coffee ready EARLY so she can get on th Washington beltway before lots of traffic.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
I guess I’m on a bit earlier than normal. Wifey has to make a trip to Virginia to take her mom to a doctor visit. I got orders last night to wake her up & have coffee ready EARLY so she can get on th Washington beltway before lots of traffic.
Hmmm, Maybe I should order coffee from my husband to get me up in the mornings as well.

Bambam1989

East Texas
I'm considering setting up at a local "trade days" to see if any of my artwork will sell. This would be the first time I have actively tried to sell my art. It makes me nervous..
I haven't called to rent a spot yet, cause I know that once I do I'm committed to putting myself out there