COLD DARK ROOM

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
Well, bills are paid. Back still hurts. Kittens not upset at being upset, still in my chair. Guess I should vacuum my bedroom carpet. The tree in the back yard gets sucking insects and towards the end of summer when the leaves start to fall there's a layer of stickiness all over the back yard. The backyard is where I take Misty when she needs to go outside, so I take my shoes off when I come back inside (due to the layers of stickiness on the bottoms), but Misty can't take off her feet, she she carries the stickiness - dead grass and leaves - into the house and into the bedroom. I can't do anything about the tree because there are three very nice, large tortoises living under it. So I just have to put up with the stickiness.
I even put a really scruffy mat outside for wiping feet...

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Oh my.... is it possible?? Wait- most anything is possible, I have one that’s living proof of that. I thought starting over in my 30’s was bad.. I’ll pray for you!!! A stomach virus might not be a bad thing.. LOL
My thoughts exactly..thank God it's that time of year.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Good evenooning all. Just to let you know I am feeling better and returning to the rescue tomorrow.

Yvonne I hope you are more mobile tomorrow
Oh sorry you were so sick that you couldn't do the rescue. That's hard. You might miss something too cute.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Good morning I hop everyone wakes up feeling much better today. It’s a very cold 20 degrees (f) here this morning.. it’s a rare dry cold for us though so it doesn’t feel to bad. Looks like sunshine ahead and a high of 50.. I’ll be working mostly outdoors today and I think I’m looking forward to it. Cinder has proven to be a wonderful companion and is doing well learning all the things a puppy should.. oddly enough, she barks a lot when she wants something. Not sure if this is something she will outgrow but it’s not a habit that is common in her breed... mostly, I find it cute and endearing but when your trying to enjoy a snack it’s a bit annoying

View attachment 282876 View attachment 282877
Cinder is sooo cute. I know she takes the chill off. Today is being our warm up day instead of record breaking cold like the past 2 days. It's 36°f and dropping but better then it was.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
I'm considering setting up at a local "trade days" to see if any of my artwork will sell. This would be the first time I have actively tried to sell my art. It makes me nervous..
I haven't called to rent a spot yet, cause I know that once I do I'm committed to putting myself out there
Go for it. You will never know unless you try.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Woe is me. . . I just realized that yesterday was the second Wednesday of the month, hence, I received my SS check and that means I should have paid bills yesterday. But I didn't. If I hurry, I can still get it done before the 15th, but, alas and alack, this is what my lap looks like:

View attachment 282925

and my back hurts because I went shopping this a.m., so I'm stuck here in my chair. Woe is me!
Oh dear. Can you not pay your bills online by EFT ?

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Well, bills are paid. Back still hurts. Kittens not upset at being upset, still in my chair. Guess I should vacuum my bedroom carpet. The tree in the back yard gets sucking insects and towards the end of summer when the leaves start to fall there's a layer of stickiness all over the back yard. The backyard is where I take Misty when she needs to go outside, so I take my shoes off when I come back inside (due to the layers of stickiness on the bottoms), but Misty can't take off her feet, she she carries the stickiness - dead grass and leaves - into the house and into the bedroom. I can't do anything about the tree because there are three very nice, large tortoises living under it. So I just have to put up with the stickiness.
Teach Misty to wipe her paws at the door.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
I wanted one of those pink banana trees but I was too scared to have one shipped. I did get small (regular) tree that had propagated off of a large one that my mother had. I feel like it may have gotten a late start but the conditions are the same I dug it out of.. guess I’ll know next spring..
Good Luck

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Oh my.... is it possible?? Wait- most anything is possible, I have one that’s living proof of that. I thought starting over in my 30’s was bad.. I’ll pray for you!!! A stomach virus might not be a bad thing.. LOL
Whahaha, I will take the stomach virus any day. Not that I don't like children, just that I have had two already and want some me time eventually, that would never happen if we had to have another one. And they are expensive.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
And all caught up again.

TFG it is Friday. Although when my alarm went off this morning, I woke up thinking it was Saturday and why was my alarm going off? ..... Then I realised that it was only Friday and I still had to go to work, What a disappointment that was. :D

Look what we are having here in Cape Town in 21 days time. I want to go and have a look see.

upload_2019-11-15_13-7-28.png