COLD DARK ROOM

CarolM

Location (City and/or State)
South Africa - Cape Town
What is grenadillas? Our kroger gets exotic fruits and veggies sometimes. At least I would know something about what I'm trying.
Here is a link explaining about passion fruit. Or grenadilla's as we call them:

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Good Morning all.

It is Tuesday, Yayyy. the garden is working nicely. And the solar panels went up last night for the pump for the pond. the sun was out this morning but the pump was not working, I am hoping that it is just that the sun is not strong enough this early. Waiting for about 12pm when the sun should be at it strongest and will see how it works then. Hopefully my son will send me a video which I will be able to share.

Have an awesome Tuesday!!!

1580193957489.png

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Good Morning all.

It is Tuesday, Yayyy. the garden is working nicely. And the solar panels went up last night for the pump for the pond. the sun was out this morning but the pump was not working, I am hoping that it is just that the sun is not strong enough this early. Waiting for about 12pm when the sun should be at it strongest and will see how it works then. Hopefully my son will send me a video which I will be able to share.

Have an awesome Tuesday!!!

View attachment 285535

Nice update, can’t wait to see what kind of solar power array to pump system you have hooked up. I’m guessing that you are not trying to charge any batteries to then run the pump. So strictly a DC (direct current) system.

So you have your SolarPanels connected directly to your DC water pump? Any solar controller inbetween the panel & your pump (helps to ensure the panels dont over power the pump). Pix! Needed... Good luck.

On my system I have

SolarPanels—-> SolarController —-> 12V battery bank —> DC 2 AC Converter ---> Fans/Pumps/etc

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Nice update, can’t wait to see what kind of solar power array to pump system you have hooked up. I’m guessing that you are not trying to charge any batteries to then run the pump. So strictly a DC (direct current) system.

So you have your SolarPanels connected directly to your DC water pump? Any solar controller inbetween the panel & your pump (helps to ensure the panels dont over power the pump). Pix! Needed... Good luck.

On my system I have

SolarPanels—-> SolarController —-> 12V battery bank —> DC 2 AC Converter ---> Fans/Pumps/etc
Got home too late so will wait for the weekend to take the pix. It is however a straight power to pump. Mine is very simple. The solar panels to pump. It is just a small one. Nothing big and not very strong. I just want it to make it moving water so it does not become a breeding place for mosquitoes.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Good Morning all,

It is Wednesday today. Yayyy at least we are in the middle of the week. I am so tired!! I have been bitten by something which has caused itchy bites to appear on my arms. The problem is that the anti-histamine is taking so long to take effect and in the meantime it makes me sleepy. I could quite easily go and sleep for the the rest of the day. Oh well. Such is life and seems to be the way 2020 is going.

So what are we all going to do today? Maybe try and take over the world?

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
AAAHH A very happy belated birthday Lena. I hope it was a super awesome one. @Kristoff
Thank you, @CarolM , @Bee62 , @EllieMay , and @Lyn W ! <3

I got a surprise card in the mail today -- my Christmas card from Carol! Yayyyyyyyy!!!!! I got cards over the holidays from two other Carols and somehow lost track that the one from South Africa was still on the way. It was a lovely surprise and a gorgeous card. Thank you, Carol!

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA

I got a surprise card in the mail today -- my Christmas card from Carol! Yayyyyyyyy!!!!! I got cards over the holidays from two other Carols and somehow lost track that the one from South Africa was still on the way. It was a lovely surprise and a gorgeous card. Thank you, Carol!

ooooops, Happy Birthday! Ya поздравляю с днём рождения !

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good evening all.
I've been busy sending emails to our PM and transport secretary asking them to stop the HS2 rail project (high speed railway that will connect London to the North East of UK) It doesn't affect me personally but it will destroy hundreds of Ancient woodlands, habitats and graveyards as well as the homes of some peoples just to save about 20 mins on a journey for a small percentage of the population. It will cost millions more than originally estimated and they don't actually know how much it will cost in the end. They have already lost some woodlands but there is a question mark over its future now so it has been paused - I just wanted to make my feelings known again.
Apart from that had my hospital appointment for my knee yesterday evening which was really weird because I was the only patient there. I didn't have to wait at all and had the undivided attention of the receptionist, 3 nurses, 2 radiographers and a consultant! It was as if they had opened just for me:). I will definitely chose an evening appointment if given the chance again. I had x rays but now have to go for an MRI scan as I could have torn the ligament which will mean keyhole surgery to repair it if that's what it is.
Hope everyone is well and having a good week.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town

You are most welcome. I am still waiting for my card from Brandy! ? ?

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Good evening all.
I've been busy sending emails to our PM and transport secretary asking them to stop the HS2 rail project (high speed railway that will connect London to the North East of UK) It doesn't affect me personally but it will destroy hundreds of Ancient woodlands, habitats and graveyards as well as the homes of some peoples just to save about 20 mins on a journey for a small percentage of the population. It will cost millions more than originally estimated and they don't actually know how much it will cost in the end. They have already lost some woodlands but there is a question mark over its future now so it has been paused - I just wanted to make my feelings known again.
Apart from that had my hospital appointment for my knee yesterday evening which was really weird because I was the only patient there. I didn't have to wait at all and had the undivided attention of the receptionist, 3 nurses, 2 radiographers and a consultant! It was as if they had opened just for me:). I will definitely chose an evening appointment if given the chance again. I had x rays but now have to go for an MRI scan as I could have torn the ligament which will mean keyhole surgery to repair it if that's what it is.
I hope the MRI scan goes well. Good luck When is it going to happen?

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Good evening all.
Good luck with your MRI. I wish they would give the MRI first and forget about the x-ray.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Good evening all.
Well I hope that the project gets redirected to something more eco friendly and useful at the same time... and I especially hope that your ligament is fine and surgery is avoided!!