COLD DARK ROOM

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
So a large group of “blackbirds” flew into my front windows today... one of them
Lay stunned on the porch so I performed mild rescue before one of my other critters thought he was dinner... we are successful and he made it to the treetops after a short period.. beautiful bird.. it was an amazing feeling as he actually gripped my finger and gave me his trust..

View attachment 287803View attachment 287804View attachment 287805View attachment 287806View attachment 287807
the whole flock flew into your window? Silly birds. Some people who have that problem will put decals or something like that on the glass so birds can tell it's not a place to fly. Good job on 'fixing' the silly bird!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Goodmorning, nothing planned today for me. Maybe I should check off something on the honey do list!
Hope everyone has a good day!
My plan for the day is to go shopping, trying not to breathe in other people's germs, then come home and water the plants. If I still have energy after that maybe I'll bring a few plants out of the greenhouse.

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Well...after weeks of protesting the shopping rush on t paper and the rest, and making fun of people...Now in a town about 20 miles away for Corvallis, they got one...I have to go to the store today and figure I'll wear gloves, and bring my face mask...I won't use a cart..and I won't talk to anybody. woo hoo...I NEVER talk to anyone anyway...lol

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Gray & overcast today, but warming. All of the flowering trees are now blooming. What are normally gray, green bla regular trees burst into colors along the Baltimore-Washington Parkway. Amazing what a few warm days, no heavy frosts, no snow can do.

Yesterday & today, ive moved my 20 plus fig trees back outside. They are budding & leafing out now, so, it’s time. Cute little fig leaves.

Might get to bring Sully out early this year ?

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
the whole flock flew into your window? Silly birds. Some people who have that problem will put decals or something like that on the glass so birds can tell it's not a place to fly. Good job on 'fixing' the silly bird!
I have had some “singles” hit it over the years... and one time a hawk broke it trying to get to a squirrel that I was rehabbing.. his cage just happened to sit by the window as I was trying to ease him into the outside world.. first time a whole group hit it... scared the mess out of me at first.. I expected to see them all over my porch and was pretty surprised that there was only the one... tough little buggers I guess:) I don’t think decals will work because the whole wall facing the water is windows....?

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Hi, gang, hope everyone's well and their torts and turtles are happy and healthy.
Look what turned up in the post yesterday.
20200312_184223-1.jpg
Thanks, Carol!
The candy cane is rather squished and you can see on the envelope where it's been though the ink of a franking machine or something. Golly.
Talking of late, Merry Christmas everybody and a Happy New Year.
Thanks to all of you who remembered me and sent a Christmas card, much appreciated.
This has all changed, new layout to the forum.
Feels uncomfortable, but I'm sure one would soon get used to it.
Anyway, I'm off out lemming hunting, wifey's practising her sleeping again and Tidgy's very proud having won a small prize as a runner up in an art competition where one had to draw something Megalodon related. Here is her effort.
Drawing.jpg
Stay safe and take care all!
Lots of love and hugs,
Adam.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Hi, gang, hope everyone's well and their torts and turtles are happy and healthy.
View attachment 287858
Thanks, Carol!
The candy cane is rather squished and you can see on the envelope where it's been though the ink of a franking machine or something. Golly.
Thanks to all of you who remembered me and sent a Christmas card, much appreciated.
Anyway, I'm off out lemming hunting, wifey's practising her sleeping again and Tidgy's very proud having won a small prize as a runner up in an art competition where one had to draw something Megalodon related. Here is her effort.
View attachment 287859
Lots of love and hugs,
Adam.

Wow! The master speaks & is alive! Mabrook!

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Gray & overcast today, but warming. All of the flowering trees are now blooming. What are normally gray, green bla regular trees burst into colors along the Baltimore-Washington Parkway. Amazing what a few warm days, no heavy frosts, no snow can do.

Yesterday & today, ive moved my 20 plus fig trees back outside. They are budding & leafing out now, so, it’s time. Cute little fig leaves.

Might get to bring Sully out early this year ?

I moved a lot of my house plants back outside because all our trees and stuff were blooming...today the paper says we'll be in the high 20's for the next 5 days...My Sulcata won't even go out when I push him...guess I'll bring my cactus back in... :(

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Well...after weeks of protesting the shopping rush on t paper and the rest, and making fun of people...Now in a town about 20 miles away for Corvallis, they got one...I have to go to the store today and figure I'll wear gloves, and bring my face mask...I won't use a cart..and I won't talk to anybody. woo hoo...I NEVER talk to anyone anyway...lol
I still can't figure out why all the tp???...and it's actually real. Even here. Even before we got a case in Ohio.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
View attachment 287858
Thanks, Carol!
View attachment 287859
Lots of love and hugs,
Adam.
Hay.