COLD DARK ROOM

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kent, South East England
What are the PROS of getting on INSTAGRAM?
Photos without any of the nastiness and fake news that you get on Facebook and Twitter.

You can lock down your account so you can choose who follows you, or you can make your account public. My son’s account is public as he likes to put his photos out in the public domain. Our accounts are private and only accept followers that we know.

When we were away, I used it to post a log of our travels so family and friends could see what we were doing and our elderly parents could be reassured we were alive and well.

I also follow a few other more public accounts: a couple of tennis players, some birdwatching and ecology accounts, a cartoonist that I find particularly funny and the like.

With your photography skills it would be the ideal platform for sharing

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Hello CDR!!
I haven’t been here forever and have seen a few of you on FB but Yvonne is on my mind. This whole COVID thing is so surreal and with my kids out of school for who knows how long. They are saying they may not go back this year. I worry about the elderly too and my little grandson who’s only 6mo. I’m not panicked but worried.
I hope everyone here is happy and healthy.
She is on my mind too! And there are a few other senior and more vulnerable members that I concerned about too.

These are tough times.

I get my groceries delivered, but we called in to the supermarket yesterday afternoon to “panic buy” some brandy because we had run out. The store was deserted and looked like it had been ransacked. There was no hope of buying toilet paper, bread or eggs.

The butcher and the greengrocer on our high street have teamed up and are offering free deliveries to the vulnerable and those forced to self isolate. You just have to phone them and place your order. Both the major supermarkets in our town are now opening just for the elderly and disabled on one morning a week.

And over on my moderator forum there are an awful lot of frazzled IT people trying to make sure things cope with everyone having to work from home.

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
The best form of kitty TV. Salem has never been interested in Franklin, I’m fact might be scared of him when he goes on rampages clunking against the wooden edges of his box, but this cat sure as heck cares about the snake. And I’m pretty sure the snake provokes him because he doesn’t even flinch when the cat taps the glass, just continues to stare at him like he’s a snack. (Yes I know the tape isn’t good, it’s all we got right now with the world ending and all... also I guarantee you this cat would figure out how to take off the clips before bed figure out how to remove the tape.
8F8164DE-75E8-45F4-8371-A6948B94DE26.jpeg

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
The best form of kitty TV. Salem has never been interested in Franklin, I’m fact might be scared of him when he goes on rampages clunking against the wooden edges of his box, but this cat sure as heck cares about the snake. And I’m pretty sure the snake provokes him because he doesn’t even flinch when the cat taps the glass, just continues to stare at him like he’s a snack. (Yes I know the tape isn’t good, it’s all we got right now with the world ending and all... also I guarantee you this cat would figure out how to take off the clips before bed figure out how to remove the tape.
View attachment 288353
Here snaky snaky. Says the Cat.

Come and get me, I dare you!! says the snake.

And who will come out on top? Come back tomorrow for more updates on the ongoing saga between the cat and the snake.

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
Here snaky snaky. Says the Cat.

Come and get me, I dare you!! says the snake.

And who will come out on top? Come back tomorrow for more updates on the ongoing saga between the cat and the snake.
It’s funny, the cat can be doing literally anything else across the apartment but if I walk by the tank and say “hi snaky!!” The cat comes running and assumes the watch position. All I picture is the bird on Alice in Wonderland “Seeeerpant, serpaaaant!!” Because my cat is quite vocal.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
It’s funny, the cat can be doing literally anything else across the apartment but if I walk by the tank and say “hi snaky!!” The cat comes running and assumes the watch position. All I picture is the bird on Alice in Wonderland “Seeeerpant, serpaaaant!!” Because my cat is quite vocal.
You should video it and share it with us the next time your cat does it.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas

Lol.... I bet you Salem is very fond of that snake?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Photos without any of the nastiness and fake news that you get on Facebook and Twitter.

You can lock down your account so you can choose who follows you, or you can make your account public. My son’s account is public as he likes to put his photos out in the public domain. Our accounts are private and only accept followers that we know.

When we were away, I used it to post a log of our travels so family and friends could see what we were doing and our elderly parents could be reassured we were alive and well.

I also follow a few other more public accounts: a couple of tennis players, some birdwatching and ecology accounts, a cartoonist that I find particularly funny and the like.

With your photography skills it would be the ideal platform for sharing

Interesting. Thanks for the info.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
View attachment 288353
My house kitty loves showing me if I have a bug in my home... He's a good bug hunter...buuttt I'm the one that has to deal with it...cause he's a scaredy cat.