COLD DARK ROOM

EllieMay

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
East Texas
Oh, he's nice!
I think so too,Maggie! His manners are even nicer.. up close you can see that he’s got a lot of scars, some of them pretty fresh.. he needs a little weight added on his spine and withers but his hips are really nice..he’s doing a lot better from our emergency trip to the vet. Breathing is back to normal and swelling is going down.. after a lot of research, I suspect that he has a mild case of the heaves.. that’s basically like allergy induced asthma in a person.. I won’t know this for sure unless he has another attack.. I have a friend coming over today to take a look at him.. she had a horse that had the heaves before so she may can enlighten me a bit more..I personally had never even heard of it before and I’ve had horses all my life ?

I checked on my (previous) other two today and they are being pampered relentlessly by some teenage girls.. my friend who is a trainer is going to let one of the girls use the palomino for dressage and show.. he will win her some ribbons as he’s always been a looker.. and the paint is being used as a “fill in horse” for students who still need to practice but can’t use their horse for whatever reason.. They both have jobs now but get to rest together after work.. lol

I am very pleased with this..

Last edited:

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I think so too,Maggie! His manners are even nicer.. up close you can see that he’s got a lot of scars, some of them pretty fresh.. he needs a little weight added on his spine and withers but his hips are really nice..he’s doing a lot better from our emergency trip to the vet. Breathing is back to normal and swelling is going down.. after a lot of research, I suspect that he has a mild case of the heaves.. that’s basically like allergy induced asthma in a person.. I won’t know this for sure unless he has another attack.. I have a friend coming over today to take a look at him.. she had a horse that had the heaves before so she may can enlighten me a bit more..I personally had never even heard of it before and I’ve had horses all my life ?

I checked on my (previous) other two today and they are being pampered relentlessly by some teenage girls.. my friend who is a trainer is going to let one of the girls use the palomino for dressage and show.. he will win her some ribbons as he’s always been a looker.. and the paint is being used as a “fill in horse” for students who still need to practice but can’t use their horse for whatever reason.. They both have jobs now but get to rest together after work.. lol

I am very pleased with this..
I'm happy for you.?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I figured out how to post a picture from my new old camera. As it turns out even my old pictures on the computer are eligible. The first one will be from the camera and the second from another old memory card. We'll see.

Attachments

• IMGP0041.JPG
    IMGP0041.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 7
  • PICT0005.jpg
    PICT0005.jpg
    663.4 KB · Views: 6

Pastel Tortie

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
North Florida
Thank you and I’ve got to say it is so much worse. I am now at 3 1/2 hours from the sting and had iced for the entire time off and on and my entire hand is throbbing with the finger so it’s painful I can’t touch it and pain shooting up my arm with a little bit of pain in my shoulder and tingling in my lips. Weirdly, this is actually a little better than a half an hour ago. I’ve been stung by both bees and wasps in this is way worse. Not only more painful but a bit more frightening.
I'm glad we don't have scorpions in Florida... Not normally, anyhow...

Pastel Tortie

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
North Florida
That's kinda strange because cats love the smell of the peppermint herbal tea...and many other animals too. Catnip is a similar herb. If my memory is still intact??? Who knows...snorting?
It's been a long time since I've tried catnip with my Cat-mittee, but many of them definitely show an interest. I don't know how they would react to peppermint. If it were the plant, I have one who would probably sample it on general principle. If course, if it were in essential oil form, the same cat would probably wrinkle up his nose something fierce, royally offended at the slightest whiff of it! ?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
That peacock is a looker!
He's so beautiful.I love that picture. I captured it on a throwaway. Years ago I bought a device that records negatives to an sd card. I've been finally playing with all that and all. I might be finally getting somewhere with my pics

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
It's been a long time since I've tried catnip with my Cat-mittee, but many of them definitely show an interest. I don't know how they would react to peppermint. If it were the plant, I have one who would probably sample it on general principle. If course, if it were in essential oil form, the same cat would probably wrinkle up his nose something fierce, royally offended at the slightest whiff of it! ?
They like the peppermint tea bags. Not the oils. I found it out by accident. I like peppermint tea, so I would stick some in a baggie and take them to work with me. Well...as it turned out... All of my client's cats fell in love with me. One client said "you could steal anyone's cat!" All the kitties wanted was my tea bags. It was crazy

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
I figured out how to post a picture from my new old camera. As it turns out even my old pictures on the computer are eligible. The first one will be from the camera and the second from another old memory card. We'll see.
Oh yay!!! I love to see pics... and your darling IS darling:)

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Thank you and I’ve got to say it is so much worse. I am now at 3 1/2 hours from the sting and had iced for the entire time off and on and my entire hand is throbbing with the finger so it’s painful I can’t touch it and pain shooting up my arm with a little bit of pain in my shoulder and tingling in my lips. Weirdly, this is actually a little better than a half an hour ago. I’ve been stung by both bees and wasps in this is way worse. Not only more painful but a bit more frightening.
Hey Doc...how's your finger today?

Pastel Tortie

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
North Florida
They like the peppermint tea bags. Not the oils. I found it out by accident. I like peppermint tea, so I would stick some in a baggie and take them to work with me. Well...as it turned out... All of my client's cats fell in love with me. One client said "you could steal anyone's cat!" All the kitties wanted was my tea bags. It was crazy
Hrmmm... I like peppermint tea, too...

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
I may just do that! Ferrets are also great, Trying to steal my coffee at this very moment!
Son finished his swimming lessons yesterday and is now able to swim in the pool with out a life jacket! I think we will do a lot of that this weekend...
I had to make a pet supply order yesterday for more Mazuri... it’s going much quicker these days. I have plenty of grass and other greens growing but I can certainly see bigger appetites on my 3 boys...looks like I’m using a 25lb bag every 6wks...
Well done to your son for finishing his swimming lessons. And Wow looks like your boys are eating you out of house and home. ?

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Actually I don't drink as much coffee as I used to. Coffee is actually good for me because it helps my breathing issues. I don't know about the pain part. Even when I quit I was still in pain. So I have my 16 oz. coffee in the morning and it's got to be good coffee. It perks me up and helps me get motivated for my day. My critters are playing and glad for the morning. It's a fun part of my day. I would use decaf but most of them don't taste right. Not only that, most use chemicals to decaffeinate and that really makes me sick. Sooo...I have my morning ritual of coffee, critters, and plans for my day.?
It is all good. I fully believe that people have to try things out and what works best for them is what they should stick to. You know the saying "don't fix it, if it isn't broken."