COLD DARK ROOM

CarolM

Location (City and/or State)
South Africa - Cape Town
yes! Great, not COVID. But on the same topic, I’m struggling with the thought/reasoning of all of the people (families) cramped into vehicles in Florida, Texas & Arizona lined up for the COVID “test“ which to date is really not all that accurate.

Why queue up for LONG hours just for a questionable test? TV is showing LONG lines of cars waiting 10-18 hours or more just for the questionable test. Why? If I start seeing symptoms of COVID, i think wifey would simply lock me up in the wood shed & hook up a remote system to provide food & water. But, why would folks lock themselves in vehicles waiting? Eventually, if I get a fever, can’t breath & have “COVID - related” symptoms, I’ll call 911 and get on hold there. But the long lines just for testing? Just scratching my head. @Pastel Tortie - with your b/g why?
No thank you I am with you on that one as well.

Pastel Tortie

North Florida
yes! Great, not COVID. But on the same topic, I’m struggling with the thought/reasoning of all of the people (families) cramped into vehicles in Florida, Texas & Arizona lined up for the COVID “test“ which to date is really not all that accurate.

Why queue up for LONG hours just for a questionable test? TV is showing LONG lines of cars waiting 10-18 hours or more just for the questionable test. Why? If I start seeing symptoms of COVID, i think wifey would simply lock me up in the wood shed & hook up a remote system to provide food & water. But, why would folks lock themselves in vehicles waiting? Eventually, if I get a fever, can’t breath & have “COVID - related” symptoms, I’ll call 911 and get on hold there. But the long lines just for testing? Just scratching my head. @Pastel Tortie - with your b/g why?
Such long lines for testing? For so many hours? In Florida?
Gosh, I don't think my attention span is anywhere near that long!

As for sitting in vehicles... I suppose Florida has a fairly long history regarding that...
...from the hurricane evacuations of years ago that crawled along at a snail's pace... Eight hours is way too long to get out of any Florida county, period.
...to the little old ladies evacuating from some nasty forest fires (in 1998), who showed up at shelter sites with their car doors locked and windows rolled up, refusing to get out unless their pets (also locked in said vehicles with their pet parents) were taken care of.

But geez... It's not like we're talking about fuel shortages right now... Although with the wait times you mentioned, with cars running the whole time so the air conditioning stays on (way too hot outside not to), maybe we should do testing at fuel stations! ?

Pastel Tortie

North Florida
Excessive Heat - Warning from 7/10/2020 10:00:00 AM to 7/13/2020 8:00:00 PM
Phoenix Saturday low 91 high 115 Sunday low 93 high 117. Arrggghhhh!!!!
Yeah, but what's the heat index? ;)
Says the smarty-pants from Florida where we have to add a few more degrees for what it feels like with all the humidity. Pretty sure you still win, with those high temps!

Chubbs the tegu

Ma
I just want @Chubbs the tegu to find one guy in Massachusetts and install a CHE for him so he doesn't burn the house down.

Is that really asking too much? ? ? ? ? ?
If i went over there.. id be stuck there for 4 days being pelted with questions. Then his parents with bring me a glass of water... next thing inknow im waking up in a dark basement tied to a chair

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Okay, so I missed a few days again but have caught up again. Glad to see that everybody is okay. Sorry that you are all so frustrated with the newbie. I could not for some reason go onto the link that Mark posted but by the sounds of it maybe that was a good thing.
So i have fixed up my enclosure in preperation for the new family member. And I am hoping that I get these permits sorted out asap.

Attachments

• 20200707_194746.jpg
    20200707_194746.jpg
    968.1 KB · Views: 7

Pastel Tortie

North Florida
If i went over there.. id be stuck there for 4 days being pelted with questions. Then his parents with bring me a glass of water... next thing inknow im waking up in a dark basement tied to a chair
@Chubbs the tegu Just install the CHE, give him a quick lesson in physics (see, water really does warm up outside in July even if it's cloudy), do a quick welfare check on the tortoise, and then we'll let you throw the keeper in the nearest safe body of water. Surely he can swim, he's from an island. A very small island.

Last edited:

Pistachio's Pamperer

Tri-cities, Tennessee
Nah. Gotta be smart about it. I would offer you a beer. ;)
((Ooops. Plan is out of the bag... Abort mission....))
LOL

Pistachio's Pamperer

Tri-cities, Tennessee
You're in New Mexico... I'd have to send somebody else.
@Lokkje Want to go on a road trip? ;)
Actually... I am currently in Indiana due to some life kicking me in the butt issues. And am
pondering where my next "residence" will be or if I will go back to NM. LOOONNGG STORY.
So who knows I might be singing the Mr Rogers song soon to some lucky forum member...
"Could you be mine,, would you be mine.. won't you be... my neighbor??"
LMAO

Pastel Tortie

North Florida
Actually... I am currently in Indiana due to some life kicking me in the butt issues. And am
pondering where my next "residence" will be or if I will go back to NM. LOOONNGG STORY.
So who knows I might be singing the Mr Rogers song soon to some lucky forum member...
LMAO
Maybe you feel like going on a road trip? To Massachusetts?

Pastel Tortie

North Florida
LMAO
Seriously, we'll help you figure out a place, if we can. Make sure the new/old location is friendly for any species you have/want.