COLD DARK ROOM

CarolM

Location (City and/or State)
South Africa - Cape Town
He’s missing a toe. He’s had a tough time. He was in renal failure for a half a year and he’s had liver failure twice. What he was doing as he walked right into the coyote was trying to eat oranges under my tree (as was the coyote) got an infection in his toe from chewing on it and then it got beyond what could be taken care of without an amputation, ate poisonous lilies from my moms funeral arrangement (he was her dog) to put himself into renal failure, and kept eating poisonous mushrooms from the yard for the liver failure. I’ve had to go hunting for animals, insects, arachnids, mushrooms, toadstools, amphibians that are poisonous, and pretty much other dangers to keep him out of trouble.
Oh Wow. A dog with a death wish. Your purse cannot be too happy.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
How do the donkeys protect them?

They sense the predatory instinct of coyotes ... and will pounce on/after nasty creatures like coyotes & wild dogs. Still today, you will often see a donkey in a pasture with sheep, goats, other docile grazing animals.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Or see if you and your son could do a limited power of attorney for this one issue. Usually, that's relevant for the child to function on behalf of the parent, but maybe he could give you power of attorney over that one matter, or in regards to the property...?
Not a bad idea.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
At the end of my hysterectomy (too much information) my gynecologist asked me if I ever gave any thought to hormone replacement therapy. I told him I think about it about 35 times a day and everyone in the operating room laughed but him. I don’t think he’s figured it out yet and it’s been a couple of decades now. He swore he would never do a hysterectomy with an epidural again after he did it with me because I taunted him throughout the whole procedure. Good times.
He would hate to meet me on a surgery table. After I'm knocked out I can wake up right in the middle of it all. I had the audacity to do that to a resident...?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I've got a bit of a conundrum and maybe there's somebody out there who may have a bit of advice for me.

Years ago I put my son on the deed to my property, thinking that when I die it would be easier for him to deal with the property. He has had NO responsibility regarding the property - hasn't paid the taxes, hasn't paid for any improvements, doesn't do anything at all about this property. It is in name only.

So now to the road widening project the city is undergoing. I'm selling a bit of frontage to the city. In reality, this means MY SON and I are selling a bit of frontage to the city. So far both of us have signed the contract and the conveyance to the city papers, but now we're coming to the closing and the distribution of funds and the title company has sent me the paperwork to sign.

My son is in Texas and I'm in California. If I ask for the money to be electronically transferred into my bank account, the bank will refuse it because it will be in my and my son's names. If I ask them to issue a check and send it to me, then I have to TRUST the mail to get it to my son safely for him to endorse, then send it safely back to me.

I'm thinking of opening a separate account in both our names, having the funds deposited into that account, then taking his name off the account. I haven't spoken to the bank yet, so I don't know if that's even possible.

Does anyone have any suggestions for me?
Our family has been dealing with that issue with Joe. We set up a savings account for him. With the stipulation that either one can use the money without the other ones signature. Since it's your son it could be a solution.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Good evenoooning Everyone.

The sun is down on this side and it is cold again. At least we had some lovely sun today. I was able to go into the garden today. It was absolutely great. As much as I like winter I don't like being cooped up in the house.
Well if I was near, I would have hid you a surprise Fairy Birthday cake in the garden:) Happy Birthday

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
I have a mother and baby deer in residence now.. I’ve been seeing the mother getting run off from the other deer that visit.. I think she’s had the baby down in the creek bottom all along and it’s just now venturing out to play. My daughter spotted them yesterday and I watched them for a while today.. the baby is super playful and cute.. I plan to get pictures but I don’t want to get that close yet. She’s safe here so I’d not pressure her where she might move the baby... soon though;-)

Hubby came home for lunch today bearing wild flowers.. He contributed to a teenager with a roadside stand and I reaped the benefit;-) he was here long enough to take the grapple off the tractor for me and eat all the stir fry... LOL.3FC41FE7-9D18-41BE-B8FF-C8A5D3BDBE9A.jpeg