COLD DARK ROOM

EllieMay

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
East Texas
Okay all caught up again. Today was a lovely sunny day. But we are expecting rain as from midnight again. And the nation has just heard that they are banning alcohol again with immediate effect. So of course everybody is not happy again. We will also be under curfew again from 9pm to 4am, unless you are working. But they make no sense. The alcohol I can understand as they want to keep the hospital beds for those who get sick and not for alcohol related issues. But the curfew? And they say that the Taxi's are allowed to carry to full capacity for local trips, but for long trips only to 70% capacity. How is there any social distancing in a taxi with a full load of people in it? And what is the reason for the curfew? How does that stop the virus.

Makes no sense whatsoever.

So we are expecting rain from tonight until Tuesday and then from Tuesday until the next one we should have some sunny days.

I am still waiting on Ultimate exotics to fill in the form for the permit for me. I really hope that they do it tomorrow like they said that they would. As I am so impatient and I don't want to wait forever for my little guy to come.

How is everybodies weekend been? I hope you have a good week ahead.
Those restrictions are CRAZY... and you’re right, makes absolutely no sense to me.. I won’t be planning a move to Africa!
I can understand the anticipation for you Gecko... I have no patience whatsoever on things like that.. just like a kid for Christmas;-))

Weekend is good... not left the house and had plenty to do to keep me busy!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Okay all caught up again. Today was a lovely sunny day. But we are expecting rain as from midnight again. And the nation has just heard that they are banning alcohol again with immediate effect. So of course everybody is not happy again. We will also be under curfew again from 9pm to 4am, unless you are working. But they make no sense. The alcohol I can understand as they want to keep the hospital beds for those who get sick and not for alcohol related issues. But the curfew? And they say that the Taxi's are allowed to carry to full capacity for local trips, but for long trips only to 70% capacity. How is there any social distancing in a taxi with a full load of people in it? And what is the reason for the curfew? How does that stop the virus.

So we are expecting rain from tonight until Tuesday and then from Tuesday until the next one we should have some sunny days.

I am still waiting on Ultimate exotics to fill in the form for the permit for me. I really hope that they do it tomorrow like they said that they would. As I am so impatient and I don't want to wait forever for my little guy to come.

They're just grasping at straws so far. I was forced to stay downwind in a line to do some shopping I needed to do. We were 6' apart but there was quite a breeze. They're not making sense. Hope you get everything done soon for your new little guy. Critters make everything better.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Those restrictions are CRAZY... and you’re right, makes absolutely no sense to me.. I won’t be planning a move to Africa!
I can understand the anticipation for you Gecko... I have no patience whatsoever on things like that.. just like a kid for Christmas;-))

Weekend is good... not left the house and had plenty to do to keep me busy!
Yeah I know, Christmas is taking FOREEEEVVVEEEERRRRR.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
They're just grasping at straws so far. I was forced to stay downwind in a line to do some shopping I needed to do. We were 6' apart but there was quite a breeze. They're not making sense. Hope you get everything done soon for your new little guy. Critters make everything better.
Totally with you on the critters part

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
I really thought you had something else to say after the down wind comment.... obviously been reading some of the guys too much..( no names) ???

Chubbs the tegu

Ma

Wow.. is the virus bad over there? Its getting crazy again over here since everybody is getting comfortable again.

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
And I think I have found the one horse in all of Texas who is in fact allergic to hay.. more specifically Bahia grass. Usually a horse would be allergic to the dust or pollen in hay so I tried a pelleted version of alfalfa and Bahia mix.. I even soaked it before hand and it triggered the reaction.. I can get around this by using a “complete” feed... I have some Bahia growing in the pasture but it’s a small amount.. and when he free grazes, he has a small reaction.this would explain his gangly look when I received him. hmmm.. I’m thinking I can build up his immunity. I also think I’m pretty much set on keeping this animal. I have already added a good bit of weight to him and he seems pretty attached to me. This was before they brought him to me.. View attachment 299836
And this was yesterday.. see a difference? View attachment 299837
STUNNINGLY BEAUTIFUL!!!!! Keep him well. He will bring you lots of joy. And ??
?. What a wonderful animal to have..